Girl Wrestlers, who has them?

FludDanzr21

What schools do have one or more girls on their teams? I'm not talking about teams like Soddy and Red Bank that have a separate thing for girls and they wrestle each other like a powderpuff. I'd like to know which ones have them on the team with the guys. The only ones i can think of right now are Soddy Daisy and Ooltewah.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure of all the girls names but I belive several teams have girls wrestlers.

McMinn Central 2 (one from last year and a new girl)

Seymore 1 (great wrestler, good skills)

Sequoyah 2 (a first year team)

Greenback had 2 last year. ( I am not sure if they are wrestling this year)

I seen some more last year in highschool but I do not know where they were from.

We saw several girls this and last summer wrestling. We wrestled AAU and

USA in Georgia. AAU and USA in Georgia has no prob letting the girls wrestle. USA in Georgia has made a all girls bracket at some meets but they get to wrestle in both.

Wrestlers are Wrestlers, male or female

Michael Morelan

Yes TrophyHunter,

We still have Maranda Morlan (sophomore sister to our heavy weight from last year, Ian Morlan). But the other two gurls arent wrestling. One granduated, and the other is our manager. And yeah, we did get a GREAT coach, Brian Gosset. And because we got our new coach, a lot of ppl came out this year, including me. We went from the 8 or 9 last year to 20-25 this year.

• 3 weeks later...

CloudDrakan,

Miranda is at 109 lbs last night. We are not sure where she will wrestle. She

is trying to win the 112 class to wrestle for Central, If she doesnt win that spot

She will prob cut to 103 like she was last year. She will have a difficult time

making 103,, she is 1 1/2 inchs taller this year and spent a lot of time running this

fall. ( nothing there too lose) We have a new coach( Brian Gossett) and he has

Miranda very motivated as is the rest of Central's team. Our team has went

from 4 kids 3 years ago to 24 last night. 16 are freshman and sophmores.

Michael Morelan

Edited by morelanmn

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Deja vu all over again, 7 yrs apart. SMDH Does anybody talk to each other?
    • OK, well, that’s because two quarterbacks can’t start. That’s football 101. The main quarterback won the starting job, so he was on varsity, and the Seymour transfer did not win the starting job. He played some varsity. He was mainly junior varsity, and he balled out when healthy, so for the starting quarterback who’s been starting varsity since his freshman year, if you have any form of proof that he’s gotten worse, somehow, whether that means stats or whatnot, please feel free to share.
    • They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.