Do you think Crockett Co. is overrated?

Asmodeus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year, it seems like this comes up.

Two years ago, they were overrated... hadn't beaten anyone. Yet they made it to M'boro.

Last year, same song. Lost in the semis to eventual champion Ridgeway.

This year, same song, different verse.

Thank you. I'm glad to see you and some of the other on Coacht finally giving Crockett some respect. I goes a long way.

To be overrated or not overrated that is the question. There is no doubt that Crockett Co. has a good team but this Friday, in Greenbrier, WILL be their biggest and toughest test. I think that Page was one break from taking teh game from Crockett, at their house. They have to come into the den of the mighty BOBCATS this week and they won't leave without some claw marks and scratches. This is gonna be a great game with 2 of the best players in 3A and/or the state in Herndon and Williams. This is a football games not to be missed and the stadium will be full and the house will be rockin'. If just hope we have a clean game that the officials stay out of and nobody gets hurt. I think this will be Crockett's biggest test and probably Greenbrier's. I just hope it doesn't come to another last play goal line stand again. We've had enough. Good luck to everybody. I can't wait. Get there early to get a good seat.

I agree. I still believe Crockett will pull out the winner, however. There are more playmakers on that team than Williams. Every time that the entire defense focuses on Earnest (yes, that's how it's spelled), Ingram and Tyus have breakaway games. Both quarterbacks are reliable, and Mosier has some jets of his own (his top speed rivals Earnest's). Can't put all your eggs in one basket. I believe that will be Greenbrier's downfall, as it was Page's. Even still, they are quite the juggernaut of an opponent. May their be a clean AND well officiated game (should've wish for that against Page) and may the best team win.

Edited by Asmodeus

Asmodeus,

People have been giving Crockett County plenty of respect the last few years. However, we've still yet to win a state championship and we've only been a big time program for about 5 years now. The respect is there and will only continue to grow as long as Crockett remains a tough team year in and year out.

Don't sell your own team short by insinuating on these message boards that nobody respects the Cavaliers. Open your eyes. Know this and appreciate it: people across the state now know of our county and our program because of our recent success. Sit back and enjoy it, many teams can't claim the same level of success while at the same time plenty others can. Be proud and realize that it's not your job to convince others that we have a great team. Let our players and coaches do that on Friday night - it's their job and they've become quite good at it.

Good luck to Greenbriar. I'm sure you're team is ready and am looking forward to what should be a hard-fought, close football game.

I see more than one thread from somebody from Crockett asking "do you think we're overrated?" "Do you STILL think we're overrated?" Reminds me of the cell phone commercial repeating "can you hear me now? --- well, how bout NOW? --- How bout NOW?" incessantly.

YES, Crockett County, we hear you. We know you are good. We know you are 12-0. We respect what you've done up to this point. BUT, Greenbrier is good too. This will be a hard fought game for both sides, but I'll have to go with the Bobcats.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

"tell me how good we are, tell me how good we are" seems to be Crocketts battle cry on these boards. At least that's what I'm reading when I see more than one thread from somebody from Crockett asking "do you think we're overrated?" "Do you STILL think we're overrated?" Reminds me of the cell phone commercial repeating "can you hear me now? --- well, how bout NOW? --- How bout NOW?" incessantly.

YES, Crockett County, we hear you. We know you are good. We know you are 12-0. We respect what you've done up to this point. BUT, guess what? Greenbrier is GOOD too, and if you are counting on the team that played you last year to show up, guess again. Friday night these boards won't win the game for either one of us. It will ALL be on the field.

Hey!! The "team that showed up last year" gave Crockett all they could handle in the end and more. What was that supposed to mean?? Come on, you ask anyone that was at that game, it was one of the greatest of all time. Last years team was great too. And not to leave out Crockett, they were great last year as well. So, you should've said " the two top-notch teams are going to finish what was started last year" :lol:

GreenBriarCat2,

We know Greenbriar is good.

However, you sound eerily similar to the Crockett fans' "can you hear me now" tone you address in your post. Most of us here in Alamo know Greenbriar is a very good team and very capable of beating Crockett. Why the need to label it "Crocketts battle cry"?

Check my earlier post, I addressed those fans you're speaking of and I agree that it gets annoying when people complain about their team being considered "overrated" by others or that they get little respect. With that said, should you really feel the need to convince us that, "Greeenbriar is GOOD too" in big bold letters?

Practice what you preach.