Morristown West v. Greeneville

randy3116

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense was incredible! Have to hand it to a very well coached TN Hign.

They handled themselves really well, especially when you think about how frustrated they must have been. I agree that the penalties must go, they don't help our focus or the game at all. Need to get some fans out to the game! These boys work awfully hard not to get more support from their community. That includes the Citizen Tribune! What lame reporting for a home town team going into the playoffs. I thought Jefferson City had their own paper and didn't need the Trib to be their biggest fan. Well since there is no one left to write about maybe they can give us some support. Go Trojans!!!!

That is very true!! The Tribune always puts Jeff Co.'s game above West. And might I say that the Jeff Co team this year shows no tact or respect to their opponents. You may beat teams in the ground but you also have to respect them which Jeff Co. does not. And like one person from Jeff Co. said tonight, "They need to realize that there are more than 2 players on that team." But then again, I guess Scooter learned that our Trojans are better than his.......... (to quote some West High students.)

The boys are really going to have to watch the penalities this week. They can't have that many if they make it further in the playoffs. I will admit there were some bad calls by the refs but the guys are going to have to watch it alot closer now that we're in playoffs.

GO TROJANS!!!!

West fans,

I was told today that your win over Tennessee High will have nearly 48 inches of text in tomorrow's paper. Jefferson County's game may be highlighted, since it was their last one of the season, but Chuck Myron has written a novel according to what I heard.

Also, sometimes it's up to whomever is laying out the front page as to who gets the dominant art and the centerpiece. I'd say that in the long run, East and West get the most press.

The sad thing is that it doesn't matter to some folks. I've had East fans call the Tribune " The West Side Story" and West fans are now calling the Tribune "Standard Banner North" or whatever other silly things.

You can please some people, others you can't please at all...c'est la vie! ;)

Edited by KevB1990

I'd say that in the long run, East and West get the most press.

I think you need to leave East out of that equation. There are too many instances to begin to starting to name them, but I think East and West both SHOULD be covered more since it is the MORRISTOWN Tribune.

It must have something to do with who is writing as well. What happened to all the Claiborne County coverage this year Kev? Did the fine folks of Claiborne County drop all their subscriptions?

Nice article on Parker Clement top of the page. I wonder if the Jeff County paper has had any articles on Charvez Francisco or John Minnich on the front of their sports page? Don't remember any individual articles on any East player, although they had a big turnaround, and had more than one player that broke several East high records. For that matter don't remember any individual articles on West players as well.

When the Trojans win this next week against Greenville, maybe the Tribune can put a large color picture of the Lady Hurricane cheerleaders, with their first place ribbons from cheerleading camp. ( Remember the Trojan Angels)

Anyway, you are right with at least one thing Kev, you will never please everyone.

Good luck to the Trojans, impressive against the Vikings. I Still think the Trojans can win it all, but at some point the passing game must step up.

Actually, it is the CITIZEN Tribune...and also says "The Lakeway's Leading Newspaper" or something to that effect.

As far as Claiborne, I don't work in the office anymore. I'm just a stringer. Claiborne (formerly Claiborne County) has been lax in helping themselves out for a long time. We talked and talked and talked until we were tired of talking.

What most of you all don't realize is that someone has to man the desk on Friday night. Then they have Derwin Helton following East like he has for years, Chuck Myron following West now that Barry Campbell is at MTSU, Brian Trent following Jefferson County, myself following Rutledge and Chris Baker and Matt Daniels altermating the task of desk jockey. Baker sometimes, like in the playoffs, followed Cherokee or Cocke County. Last year, when Claiborne County and Rutledge didn't make the playoffs, I went to Elizabethton to cover Cocke County.

I don't have time to sit here and debate the East/West "who gets more press" issue. Ultimately it comes down to success. East hasn't had a lot of success in football lately. This year they were pretty good. East had a better hoops team than West last year. East's wrestling team is usually better than West. East and West baseball have both been fairly successful in the past few seasons. West's track teams are usually better than East's.

See the point? East and West get the lion's share of coverage by the Tribune. They understand that there are two teams that need to have equal top billing when it comes to sports coverage. My advice is be thankful that there aren't as many teams in Morristown as there are in Knoxville, Nashville or Memphis.

Too much talk about West on this board. Maybe someone is forgetting that the game is won on the field and not on the internet. I guess Greeneville is too busy perparing for the game to surf the web and hang around all day. Well, I hope Greeneville can pull this one out this year. Both teams seem to be rebuiling this season but the young players have got all the experience that they need to play this game with no excuses. Greeneville is doing well, but I will say it is going to be one heck of a challenge to beat the Trojans wherever they are playing. It is tough to beat a team twice in a year, but West did dominate the first game. Greeneville has to give it everything they have to pull this one out and some adjustments on the defensive alignment wouldn't hurt against a power running team. GO DEVILS beat the trojans and do what has yet to be done.

The Mean Green is hungry after last year's upset in the playoffs. Hopefully the field situation will be dealt with and they can actually play on a Friday night this time. :rolleyes:

hoping we get to that point in the playoffs--but I get the feeling that the coaches and players are not concentrating on state or the semifinal game but on greeneville--beatem handily last time but that will mean diddly come friday night

to run aeroadrunner's point into the ground, looking forward to seeing red and black win friday night

Hardknocks

The fans are looking past Greeneville, not the coaches and players.

Woods will have them ready and you know that. I think you hope the Trojans are looking past the Greenedevils because that is the only chance they have to win the game.

Trojans 35-7

Trojans start slow, but it isn't how you start, it's how you finish.