Lewis County Band

footballfan07

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scheduling the likes of Union City, Milan, and Westview every year would keep us from blaming the band.

Congrats to my Rebels on another successful season. At least we are good enough now to have hope next year. It hasn't always been that way.

As much as I like LC's style of play, I am rooting for my cross-county bretheren next week. ;)

Good luck to all.

I love a band that plays a lot during the game. It keeps the fans fired up for sure. But I think there may be a rule against playing while the opponent is at the line of scrimmage with the ball. I know in our game against Northside this year, we had the ball late in the second quarter and were lining up and the referee suddenly blew his whistle. I thought we had gotten another of our many delay of game penalties. But the ref started pointing down at one end of the field. Northside`s band was warming up for halftime. The ref made them quit. Of course fans can yell all they want, but undoubtedly the ref can turn the band off if it is playing while the opposing team has the ball and is at the line of scrimmage.

I think Marshall County got penalized because a fan kept blowing a train whistle at a game against Crockett County a year or two ago.

This is insane! I hope none of the athletes featured in this game get college scholarships and have to go play in front of 100,000 screaming fans and bands with 300 members each, if they do, maybe someone will prescrive Xanax before the contest to keep them calm?

The Lewis County band is some 40 strong, with 15 of those being flag bearers! If they really made that much differance in the game then I hereby invite every football fan in the state to Hohenwald this Friday night! Not for the game which we obviously have no chance of winning but to here the "Luna"-tics play like a throng of 1000!

This is insane! I hope none of the athletes featured in this game get college scholarships and have to go play in front of 100,000 screaming fans and bands with 300 members each, if they do, maybe someone will prescrive Xanax before the contest to keep them calm?

The Lewis County band is some 40 strong, with 15 of those being flag bearers! If they really made that much differance in the game then I hereby invite every football fan in the state to Hohenwald this Friday night! Not for the game which we obviously have no chance of winning but to here the "Luna"-tics play like a throng of 1000!

If you`ll notice....college bands don`t play when the opposing team is lining up to run a play. Maybe Lewis County wasn`t doing this. I wasn`t there. I`m just saying that bands don`t play when the other team is about to run a play. Other than that they can play all they want.

I'll tell you what... If all the screaming fans didn't distract them , then there's no way our band did! What a cop out! I realize ya'll had a big fat piece of humble pie shoved down your throats, but my gosh..................Get Serious! WE are good , WE won , end of story

HILLBILLY85 , I HAVE SEEN YOU AT THE GAMES, YOU GOT IT GOING ON!!!

I myself am a "LUNA-TIC" and I never even noticed the band playing during the game. It's sad when fans are paying more attention to the game than the actual players. I would like to send an actual quote from Mr. Luna to McKensie, just remember that Tracy actually said this once:" You see this, this is your fun balloon' (make a popping motion toward the balloon and a whissing sound as if air is leaking) No more fun." end quote. Cry me a river.

I think we all need to get white t-shirts and put "Luna-Tics" on them for this Friday's game. I'll try to contact my boy Nelly up in St. Louis and see if the St. Lunatics will come down this week and pump everybody up before the game. Rawdon scares me a little bit also, I remember last year he was trying to start some crap with me and Rodney Staggs and he kept saying "Do you have a problem" lol He's weird but he's a P.I.M.P. :lol:

man....its really sad to see people make excuses like that. i bet all those passes that were dropped were becuase the band intentionally blew their hors so hard it created hurricane force cross winds that carried the ball off target. seriously people get a life..the band was no worse than the groundlings at your game banging on the metal signs around the field. common folks if your gonna be losers at least lose with some dignity.

Hey rebels, is it true what the people in lewis county are saying?

That the "M" in Mckenzie stands for MORON ?

I don't think the LC band had anything to do with McKenzie's loss. I think LC defense (tackling) and ball control played a good part as well as McKenize had more turnovers than McDonalds Friday night.

I will however say that the LC people that I ran into treated us with utmost respect. I am sure both sides have the rotten apples that ruin the whole bunch. Hey they can't all be bad because I know 3 that came from McKenzie.

GB, since you were not going home Friday night, I assume you went home with one of those chicks admiring your "boggin".