William Blount Coaching Wish List

GovMan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Well said rebel1978 "I will not get into the politics of the Blount County School Board. Well maybe just a little, if the board does not step up and make a commitment to the sports programs in the County , they should be voted off". This is also my opinion.

Coach White would do well, but I don't think a person needs school ties to become successful. It may help, but it may be bad as well. A coach needs to be hired on merit, ability and moral fiber. IF the wrong person gets the job then he might tend to play favorites of the students due to ties. Saw this time in the feeder programs to WB, and by few former coaches at WB, first hand.

I think the school board needs to make a real commitment to both county schools and stop the rotating door in the coach’s office, it hurts the kids! Makes the county look like a joke. These schools are 5A, there should be coaches coming out of the woodwork for these jobs, and if not why not?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qb#7 is wanting a couple of knots put on his head. i will let uncle pepvol take care of my light work. The main thing a new coach needs to do at William Blount is have his players aim for region and state championships. I think sometimes William Blount aims for one game a year to make or break its season. Win region and state championships and beating Maryville will take care of its self. The talent is at William Blount , get a coach in place quick so the new coaches can have a spring practice.

Hey boyz!

FB emeritus I too would like to know which coach at William Blount played favorites instead of having the best athletes on the field?

I believe we are starting to disagree again!

Gov man, where've you been? Who are the front runners?

I heard Swafford and the guy from Gibbs have thrown their names in the hat...they said if you had a principal who duct taped, you certainly wouldn't mind a football coach knockin' some heads around!

Here's a quote for you boyz!

I wish I could use this as my signature...this says it all:

"I'm just a plowhand from Arkansas, but I have learned how to hold a team together. How to lift some men up, how to calm down others, until finally they've got one heartbeat together, a team. There's just three things I'd ever say: If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semigood, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you." Bear Bryant

Whew! That brings a little tear to my eye!

Love you boyz!

:lol:

Edited by susie

Suz my favorite Bryant quote was after Sam "Bam" Cunningham and the USC Trojans hammered Bama in 1970. Bryant, good friends with then USC Coach John McKay, came into the USC lockeroom to congratulate McKay on the win and he saw Cunningham standing naked after getting out of the showers.

Bama at the time had no black athletes on their squad and Bryant reportedly uttered these words to McKay, "John, I've got to get me some like that."

I wonder Suz, would you have said the same thing?

Anyway, Bama recruited their first black football player the next year (DE John Mitchell) from a junior college. With the secret installation of the wishbone-T offense in the spring of 1971 and the recruitment of many great athletes, both black and white, the rest is history.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hey boyz!

Whew! Starz talk about bringin' a tear to a girls eyes...

You know after being with you...I doubt even Sam "Bam" Cunningham could compare!

What is your opinion on this William Blount - Heritage coaching situation?

BTW my girlfriend is Robin Headrick and she said she was "Overwhelmed" by all the love, prayers and support shown to her family and to Ryan!

She said had Ryan not gotten an infection in the hospital he would have been home sooner. Prayer really does change things. I appreciate all the readers praying for Ryan.

Robin said they heard from everywhere even out of state and that it meant a lot! Also, speaking of prayers...I had an opportunity to work out with Chuck Prugh the other day! He is doing a lot of conditioning work and he looks great...makes me wish I was a little younger!

Love you boyz!

:lol:

Edited by susie

Thanks Suz. Hit means a lot coming from you.

I don't know what they will do at W.B. and at the home of the Mountain Ears. Doesn't sound to me like Booty is goin' to let them do anything until the end of school.

I have studied the sitchiashun and it appears there is only one solution. I think what I heard K.C. and the Sunshine Band say at the Fall Festival should apply to the athletic fans in Blount County. They need to " Shake Shake Shake, Shake Shake Shake, Shake THEIR BOOTY."

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

GovMan, I am reading you guys talk about what should happen at William Blount. granted, i do not know much about the area, but i keep up enough to know there needs to be someone hired that might stay a while and build this program. I am sure Nick White is an outstanding coach; however, everything that has been said sounds like a job for Houston White. I found out he is back from Texas and is at Cookeville High School. I do not know if he is even intersted, but i know what kind of coach he is and the character he provides to any program. It might be worth digging into a little. I am just a parent who had a kid play for him, but i bet several chattanooga area coaches would agree with me.

I am a WM alum and big football fan. I think WB's next head coach is in-house right now. Coach Reeves would be an excellent choice. He has been the offensive coordinator for the past several years, and his leadership and loyalty speak for themselves on and off the playing field. He held the team together through spring practice until a new coach was appointed. In fact, WB would not have had a spring practice if the coaching staff and Coach Reeves had not initiated one. As for loyalty, when he didn't get the position last time, he chose to stay at WB and work with Coach Phelps. That speaks volumes about his character. Other coaches in this same situation might have taken their ball and played somewhere else. He is a dedicated coach and very knowledgeable of the game. He also has a great relationship with students and players. I think the team will respond well to Coach Reeves and play their hearts out for him.