TYNER VS. LIPSCOMB: OFFICIAL THREAD

windtalker

Oh, now I get it!  A magnet school is a school with many of the exact same benefits as a private school (open zones, high academic standards) except it's free.

no, its not like a private school in that they take whoever they want to, a magnet school has a lottery that the people who wish to go there are placed into and thats how they are chosen, so they do not just go and find all the good athletes and go ok we're going to accept you

i'm sorry i just wanted to make that clear, but enough about public and private, the rams are going to run all over lipscomb, who cares how good lipscomb's pass defense, even tho keelyn craddock has a heck of an arm and has thrown for over 1000 yards with only 2 interceptions, their running game is averaging over 10.4 yards per carry, i'd like to see the pass defense stop that....the ram train will roll, tyner by 2 tds

Edited by mnewballer21

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I will throw in my honest unbiased opinion on this game. First i want to say this game will more than likely produce the AA champ. I have coached against both Tyner and David Lipscomb. As a coach who has prepared for both over the years here is howI feel they stack up. 1) Athletic Ability. Edge Tyner. Tyner has the athletes to win the state EVERY YEAR. The collection of athletes at this AA school could only possibly be matched by a few in the state (Alcoa, Milan or Carver this year. David Lipscomb has good athletes who are very smart and solid football players( they make very few mistakes are in position to make plays.

2) Coaching - Edge Lipscomb. Coach McAdams teams always come to play and are some of the most fundamentally sound teams in the state. They will not beat themselves you must go in and take the game. Coach Turner is a solid coach ut his teams are turnover prone at at times do not play to their potential. See above about athletic ability to determine the Rams potential. Alot of times the turnovers and penalties kill Tyner. 3) Special Teams - Edge Lipscomb Tyner has problems in the kicking game and as a coach you always felt a play for your benefit could be made there. Lipscomb is very solid on special teams and can turn a game with field goals or solid returns. 4) Playmakers- Edge Tyner. These guys can turn a bad or broken play into something special. Lipscomb must execute and play the disciplined game they are good at. Finally home field will not play as big a factor as some think seeing as how lipscomb won at Tyner before. My feel is this is a tossup. Both teams play well Tyner wins 27- 21. Tyner turns the ball over Lipscomb 35 - Tyner 20 I know I am a fence rider but I feel this game is really too close to call. :angry:

No private school will win a championship this year except the artificial one that is played this week among the schools that acknowledge they recruit.

That statement is absolutely false. Division II schools are bound by the same recruiting rules as their Division I counterparts, so why do some of you insist on making silly statements you cannot prove?

If you have proof, post it here. Otherwise, quit trying to stir up trouble talking about something you know nothing about. Stick with discussing the game. Spreading hateful lies makes you look like a whiner and destroys your credibility as a poster.

That statement is absolutely false. Division II schools are bound by the same recruiting rules as their Division I counterparts, so why do some of you insist on making silly statements you cannot prove?

If you have proof, post it here. Otherwise, quit trying to stir up trouble talking about something you know nothing about. Stick with discussing the game. Spreading hateful lies makes you look like a whiner and destroys your credibility as a poster.

Gobigred,

I read a quote in this morning's Tennessean from Lou Holtz that fits here. He was asked about internet chat rooms and he said, "I don't pay attention to anything where people don't have to sign their names."

The same is true for many of the things you read on this message board-especially when it comes to matters regarding private schools.

I think there are some people on these boards who really believe that all successful private schools were founded as a farm system for Division 1 college teams. All private school players are recruited and have college football scholarships and NFL contracts waiting on them.

They probably have good reasons to believe this. Their uncle's, mom's, best friend's, cousin's, mailman's, brother's, fourth wife had a 3rd cousin who dated the father of a guy who was recruited to play at Football Academy.

Guest warriorpride12

I think that this is going to be the best game in the 2A playoffs this week. I think that whoever wins this game will win the state in 2A this year. Lipscomb will win this game by 14.

Edited by warriorpride12

green37

I seem to have struck a nerve with you. My sourcres lead me to believe that GP had this one sealed wit the int., but Elrod hit your so called phenom receiver with a bomb just so you could have a chance to kick the miracle fielgoal. And as far as this head removing secondary, why haven't I heard the names Blonkanshik and Lheihining before. You won't have to worry about a fluke victory this week because the rams will be so far in front. What is it with all the lipscomb people on here anyway? I guess you all have so much money you don't have to work. East TN football will prevail as it has in the majority of the matchups.

CHOO CHOO

I read a quote in this morning's Tennessean from Lou Holtz that fits here.  He was asked about internet chat rooms and he said, "I don't pay attention to anything where people don't have to sign their names."

The same is true for many of the things you read on this message board-especially when it comes to matters regarding private schools. 

I think there are some people on these boards who really believe that all successful private schools were founded as a farm system for Division 1 college teams.  All  private school players are recruited and have college football scholarships and NFL contracts waiting on them.

They probably have good reasons to believe this.  Their uncle's, mom's, best friend's, cousin's, mailman's, brother's, fourth wife had a 3rd cousin who dated the father of a guy who was recruited to play at Football Academy.

Tackle,

You are so very right, my friend. In fact, you are so right that I am going to totally disregard your comments b/c you did not sign your name. By the way, 47% of all statistics are fabricated.

Sincerely,

Lou Holtz

Head Football Coach

University of South Carolina

2 Cocks Pass

Columbia, SC 23456

Edited by jet

green37

I seem to have struck a nerve with you. My sourcres lead me to believe that GP had this one sealed wit the int., but Elrod hit your so called phenom receiver with a bomb just so you could have a chance to kick the miracle fielgoal. And as far as this head removing secondary, why haven't I heard the names Blonkanshik and Lheihining before. You won't have to worry about a fluke victory this week because the rams will be so far in front. What is it with all the lipscomb people on here anyway? I guess you all have so much money you don't have to work. East TN football will prevail as it has in the majority of the matchups.

CHOO CHOO

We admit it, you are indeed right. GP did in fact seal the deal with the game tying interception returned for a TD after it bounced of DL OT's head. We admit that it wasn't a fluke at all; DL actually practices bouncing balls off OT's heads (even though that's illegal). GP also practices DeCarlos (#77) in drills in which he catches balls off of hard platic objects and returns them for TD's. Furthermore, had DL not hit that fluke of a play late in the game then Robertson wouldn't have been able to kick the 34 yard miracle of a kick and the game would have ended right there at 35 to 35.

The reason you havn't heard of Blonkanshik and Lheihining is b/c that's not their names. It's actually Bleapinship and Lemming.

Oh well, gotta go. Better get back to my yacht. My butler is waxing it, but I'm afraid he's not using virgin lamb's wool to buff my dingy.

I predict either Alcoa or OS soundly beating both of these teams anyway. After all, east Tennessee football is the best, and both of those schools are farther east than Tyner.