TYNER VS. LIPSCOMB: OFFICIAL THREAD

windtalker

green37

I seem to have struck a nerve with you.  My sourcres lead me to believe that GP had this one sealed wit the int., but Elrod hit your so called phenom receiver with a bomb just so you could have a chance to kick the miracle fielgoal.  And as far as this head removing secondary, why haven't I heard the names Blonkanshik and Lheihining before.  You won't have to worry about a fluke victory this week because the rams will be so far in front.  What is it with all the lipscomb people on here anyway?  I guess you all have so much money you don't have to work.  East TN football will prevail as it has in the majority of the matchups.

CHOO CHOO

We admit it, you are indeed right. GP did in fact seal the deal with the game tying interception returned for a TD after it bounced of DL OT's head. We admit that it wasn't a fluke at all; DL actually practices bouncing balls off OT's heads (even though that's illegal). GP also practices DeCarlos (#77) in drills in which he catches balls off of hard platic objects and returns them for TD's. Furthermore, had DL not hit that fluke of a play late in the game then Robertson wouldn't have been able to kick the 34 yard miracle of a kick and the game would have ended right there at 35 to 35.

The reason you havn't heard of Blonkanshik and Lheihining is b/c that's not their names. It's actually Bleapinship and Lemming.

Oh well, gotta go. Better get back to my yacht. My butler is waxing it, but I'm afraid he's not using virgin lamb's wool to buff my dingy.

I predict either Alcoa or OS soundly beating both of these teams anyway. After all, east Tennessee football is the best, and both of those schools are farther east than Tyner.

:D:):)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a quote in this morning's Tennessean from Lou Holtz that fits here.  He was asked about internet chat rooms and he said, "I don't pay attention to anything where people don't have to sign their names."

The same is true for many of the things you read on this message board-especially when it comes to matters regarding private schools. 

I think there are some people on these boards who really believe that all successful private schools were founded as a farm system for Division 1 college teams.  All  private school players are recruited and have college football scholarships and NFL contracts waiting on them.

They probably have good reasons to believe this.  Their uncle's, mom's, best friend's, cousin's, mailman's, brother's, fourth wife had a 3rd cousin who dated the father of a guy who was recruited to play at Football Academy.

Tackle,

You are so very right, my friend. In fact, you are so right that I am going to totally disregard your comments b/c you did not sign your name. By the way, 47% of all statistics are fabricated.

Sincerely,

Lou Holtz

Head Football Coach

University of South Carolina

2 Cocks Pass

Columbia, SC 23456

I guess you called me out on that one Lou. I will have to reveal my true identity. I am Lee Corso.

Not so fast, my friend, not so fast.

I bet you are wondering where I got that saying. It was from my old college roommate, Burt Reynolds. I used to drive Burt over to Stinky Pete's BarBQ and laundry mat in Tallahassie for a quick cappicino at night. Anytime my foot got too heavy, Burt would say, "not so fast my friend, not so fast."

Who knew when we were roommates at Florida State that I would grow up to be an ESPN analyst (who knew there would be an espn-or TV for that matter) and Burt would grow up to be a contestant on Celebrity Jeopardy? I guess all that Trivial Pursuit we played in the dorm with that Semanchik guy finally paid off.

Well, I've got to get over to Home Depot and pick up a few more pencils before I leave for Columbus.

Lee

chatt-choo-choo

What a cool name!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could do that thing where I get a quote box and quote you. I do not know how to do that YET!! Tell me how.

You said, When some one has a valid point please post it............How about this.

I love Chattanooga.........and I really love......................Chattanooga Catfish.................Y U M M Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chatt-choo-choo

What a cool name!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I could do that thing where I get a quote box and quote you.  I do not know how to do that YET!!  Tell  me how.

You said, When some one has a valid point please post it............How about this.

I love Chattanooga.........and I really love......................Chattanooga Catfish.................Y U M M Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hit the quote button at the top right part of the message box and you can do the quotes.

Don't knock the catfish.

The people at Tyner are always great hosts, except of course they don't often let you win. Lipscomb has played at Tyner 4 times and has a 1-3 record there. I am going out on a limb and predict that it will either be 2-3 or 1-4 after this week. That's right. You heard it here first. Either Tyner or Lipscomb will win. Then they will play either Alcoa or Oliver Springs. The winner of that game will face Milan, Carver, Lewis County or Huntington for the Championship.

Friday should be a great game.

Chattanooga Choo Choo, the game will be played on the field Friday night between the players. The junk on the message boards is just for fun. It's ok for people to have a little fun once in a while. Isn't it?

Edited by tackle

I just want to clear a few things up. I know Lipscomb has a great football program with great tradition. That is why I am so concerned with the attitudes of some of these posts which I assume are from Lipscomb related people. These seem very uncharacteristic of a typical Lipscomb team. Everyone seems to see us as another stepping stone. I guess we are another stat on the way to a trophy. Coach Turner and our players are very in tune with what is being said here and elsewhere. Altough, they are refraining to comment because they would rather read. I am commenting on our behalf because everyone is saying it will be close, but all are picking Lipscomb. I saw the poll on the front page and 77% are picking Lipscomb. I hope the teams head is as high in the clouds as everyone else involved, because they are in for a shocker. As ETNFTBLLEXPRT said it is played on the filed and Im glad. Because if not the weve already lost. Go Rams

CHOO CHOO

I just want to clear a few things up.  I know Lipscomb has a great football program with great tradition.  That is why I am so concerned with the attitudes of some of these posts which I assume are from Lipscomb related people.  These seem very uncharacteristic of a typical Lipscomb team.  Everyone seems to see us as another stepping stone.  I guess we are another stat on the way to a trophy.  Coach Turner and our players are very in tune with what is being said here and elsewhere.  Altough, they are refraining to comment because they would rather read.  I am commenting on our behalf because everyone is saying it will be close, but all are picking Lipscomb.  I saw the poll on the front page and 77% are picking Lipscomb.  I hope the teams head is as high in the clouds as everyone else involved, because they are in for a shocker.  As ETNFTBLLEXPRT said it is played on the filed and Im glad.  Because if not the weve already lost. Go Rams

CHOO CHOO

Choo Choo,

1. I first said that the game is played on the field. Easttnfootballexpert plagiarized it from me.

2. Why would you have already lost if the game was not played the field? Tyner has 4 HUGE lineman that all have quick feet. Your DL outweighs Lipscomb's OL by 50+ pounds a man. You have plenty of speed.

If the game where on paper-Tyner would have already won. They should be the favorites. Lipscomb's players are very well aware of the talent that Tyner has and know they must be at their best to be competitive in the game.

NONE of them is looking at Tyner as a stepping stone. Tyner is more like a HUGE bolder tumbling down Lookout Mountain with Lipscomb in it's path. LOOKOUT!!!

Edited by tackle

Tackle,

You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. I assume you are a Lipscomb supporter. Im glad to see you still have a grip on reality, I think many of the rest of you don't. Anyone who thinks the Rams are going to lay down and let you walk on them are badly mistaken. We feel like if we take care of the ball and don't give you a short field like we did all last year then we will win. I know it will be a close game, but the only team that can be the Rams are themselves.

CHOO CHOO