Can Alcoa pull off the upset @ Oliver Springs?

OS91

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We knocked out #52 in the ballgame last week. Oliver Springs will need him in order to pull off the victory.

Waggle, That is not a very nice way of speaking about an injured KID !! He is not out for sure, it is a wait & see thing with him. He is a senior and I believe it would take a whole whole lot to keep him off of that field on Friday night. Russell I hope you show these (Rockwood) people that are still on here bragging about things they shouldn't be just how tough you are. May GOD bless you with a speedy recovery. GO BOBCATS, I LOVE YOU GUYS !!!

I hope that #52 is better before the game friday. I am a senior and i know that it would be awful to be out in the playoffs when any game could be your last ever. Get well soon but i hope that i get to continue my senior season onto Goddard field next week against Tyner/Lipscomb. Good Luck to everybody. Go Tornadoes!!!!!!

Alcoa has improved since week 2, but so has OS. remember, OS benched 2 senior lineman in that game for a poor performance against LC in week 1. That will make the Bobcats better up front. I really don't have a feel for the game because the teams have contrasting styles and are very good. I know i say it all the time, but field position and turnovers will decide the outcome. I also wonder how a muddy field will help decide things because there has been a lot of rain the last two days and it will be hard to dry up.

BBallmom, I don't know how I am not being very nice. The truth is what it is. Personally, I would rather 52 be playing. I want each team to be full strength. Where ever you get that I want the guy hurt is silly. I didn't know we broke his leg, it looked like he had a cramp. Anyway...if he isn't playing, Oliver Springs may be in trouble. Alcoa is much improved. Whoever wins, they have to take out the private schools that have ruled our region the past couple of years.

In my opinion either team that wins friday will have a good chance next week against Tyner/Lipsomb. They will have to play a near perfect game but that is the way it should be in the semifinals of the state tournament. This is going to be a classic mud bowl this friday. The winner will need to run effectively and tackle well. That is always the key to good fundamental football and that is the only way to play in the mud.