anyone planning on going to MTSU?

demonchild

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would seriously weigh out my options if I was a good high school football player before committing to MTSU. I am a student here, and the environment here for D-1 football is absoultely awful. We cant even get 5,ooo people here for our last home game of the year. OUr defense gave up over 540 yards, and our offense was not much better. THe rumor around campus is that we will be bumped back to D-2 before long because of our small crowds. Great school to get a good education, but not exactly a haven for good football.

I think a lot of the crowd problem is the conference in which MTSU plays in. No one really knows any of the teams. MTSU probably could do better playing independent football. They could possibly play more teams that people around here are familar with. Just for fun lests see who it might be.

Vanderbilt

Memphis

UT

Georgia Tech

UAB

Kentucky

Louisville

Ole Miss

UTC

TTU

Alabama

Now recruit heavy in Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama and watch your football crowds grow. :angry:

I would seriously weigh out my options if I was a good high school football player before committing to MTSU. I am a student here, and the environment here for D-1 football is absoultely awful. We cant even get 5,ooo people here for our last home game of the year. OUr defense gave up over 540 yards, and our offense was not much better. THe rumor around campus is that we will be bumped back to D-2 before long because of our small crowds. Great school to get a good education, but not exactly a haven for good football.

thats about the exact opposite of what i've heard. from waht i understand mtsu has got alot of good talent that could form into quite a team. i could be totally wrong but thats what i've heard.

MTSU is a good football program. Middle has a very good coaching staff and Murfesboro is a good city to live in. They have good athletes but are just lacking the great ones. I think when they start winning the close ones they will get even better players. Did anyone see the Missouri game?? the lost in OT but were winning almost all game. MTSU right now could beat half of the teams that blueboy mentioned on his list.

This year they have lost a lot of close games. It was 2 or 3 years ago when they went 8-3 in D-1. They had players like Wes Counts( Oakland,High shcool) Dwone Hicks( Titans-Heisman candiate) Kendall Newson( i think NFL EUROPE) and everyone knows who Tyrone Calico is. I hope that Middle could get more players from Tennessee to play for them.MTSU was having 20,000+ fans at the games.

Now I could see if UT offered you a scolarship, but I think that MTSU would be the next best team in Tennessee. In 2001 and 2002 MTSU beat Vandy in Nashville.

Why do you think many good Tennessee football players aren't that intrested in MTSU???

I have 2 sisters the go to MTSU and all her friends love their team and their school.They go to all the games and even sometimes on the long roadtrips.

I think MTSU will contiue to improve and become an even better football program :ph34r: !!!

I also dont think that you wouldn't talk so badly about your own school???

Edited by bigknocka8

Man you must be young. MTSU is light years ahead of where they were 20 or so years ago. It is a program on the rise. The school is blooming more every year. They have buildings on land that I never knew existed 20 years ago. It will be the largest University in the state before long if it is not already. They have good coaches and have proven from past history that they can produce NFL players.

does anyone know if MTSU puts on any summer camps??if so any information would be appreciated cause i would be interested.

thanx

hey man, i will find out if we put on a summer camp next time i go over to the weightroom, the team is leaving for arkansas, and me being a redshirt, i get some time off from football for the first time this year, but i should have it posted soon, i will see what i can get, but i am pretty sure we put on some kind of camp, i remember seeing something about it. what kind of camp are you looking for?

well,alot of camps have a camp for each pos.(qb,rb.wr,etc.) and some camps have a skills players camp and a linemans camp.I guess i would be more interested in a skills players camp,because honestly it would be hard to just chose one pos. because i play different positions.but in college i want to play wr.(now i play wr,rb,and some qb.)