Region 2 Champs

voleagle

Halls has a young team this year. They actually have improved their coaching staff adding 2 time state champ, 1 time runner up SHannon Sayne. Coach Vandagriff is still head coach. They have a pretty tough kid, Alex Cate. Everyone else is pretty young. Unlike our region in the past, there is not a for sure team that will win region. Farragut beat Karns, but Karns is tough. South-Doyle is tough, and beat Farragut in the jamboree, but I don't think that will happen again. Seymour also has some tough kids, and their feeder program is really kicking in. As for the comment about the farragut coaches, I gotta say this. They have two coaches who honestly have improved that program. The kids they have are really improving, and I didn't see that until the Pilot tournament. As for recruiting, it is not important to have every weight filled. As a coach, I want kids who are willing to work hard and drive for that championship. With that philosophy, the weak and lazy end up leaving. Farragut will be tough, especially in February.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

farragut should win region this year, when south doyle wrestled them at the jamboree , they were without a , 103 119,215 and still only lost by six points. they should beat south-doyle. south doyle only won two or three matches against farragut out of 10 or 11. and as for lively beating dix, that will never ever happen, never. scott dix is good and greenback is not bad for only having 200 kids in their school but they just can't compete with bigger schools farragut will beat them easily

Catholic 51 Karns 25

Catholic 48 Farragut 32

The Farragut Coaches are a class act, I wish more young wrestlers get back into the sport as coaches and refes.....Can not say enuff about the great job Kerry Ferguson (wrestled for catholic and farragut) and joe knox are doing. they may not have many wrestlers but iI know that at least 3 should place at state this year

I believe that Region II will send, possibly, a better group of kids to the TSSAA State tournament, than it has in several years. It seems each school has at least one outstanding wrestler. Think about it: all the schools in this region have a wrestler that has a good shot at not only winning the region but also bringing home some TSSAA hardware in Feb.

As for Halls. They are still a force in the Knoxville area scene. Coach V and Shannon work very well together and will develop a very good team.

The coaches at Farragut are doing a good job. Get off their back.

People should not be over looking William Blount and Maryville. Both programs have alot of talent and are very well coached.

Edited by LAUDERDALE

greenback, listen up, we were without 2 of our top 3 wreslters, and gave catholic 18 points, the exact number they beat us by, and we were out our top wrestlers, i would love to wrestle catholic again just to see what would happen. so greenback, no more smack will be talked just be ready cause we'll be healthy and have a full team when you wrestle us