Morristown West vs Greeneville -Still soggy?

mbrooks

mbrooks,

The TSSAA did not change the game from Greeneville to Morristown West read the following from TSSAA's website, especially the last sentence.

In all play-off games, in the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in odd-numbered years the top team in each bracket shall the the host team. In even-numbered years the procedure shall be rotated in the third round and semifinals. However, in the third round if two teams from the same region play each other, the higher seeded team shall be the host.

ARE YOU NUTS MBROOKS I GUESS YOUR PRINCIPAL OR A.D. WASN T SMART ENOUGH TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE BRACKET. IT CLEARLY STATED IT. IF IT WASNT TRUE THEN WHAT S THE PURPOSE FOR MO WEST WINNING THE REGION. IT WAS A NO BRAINER MBROOKS. I GUESS GREENEVILLE THOUGHT THEY WOULD HOST BETSY EVEN IF CHEROKEE HAD LOST. WRONG, EVEN IF TN. HIGH WOULD HAVE BEAT WEST. GREENEVILLE WOULD BE PLAYING AT TN HIGH.

Crazy Train,

You are correct in that the rules about game location are stated on the TSSAA website. However, you are incorrect in stating that Greeneville would have played at Tennessee High. The rule to which you refer states that the exception applies only if the teams are from the SAME region. Tennessee High is a Region 1 team. Greeneville is a Region 2 team. In the unlikely event that Tennessee High had beaten Morristown West, a Greeneville versus Tennessee High game (or a Cherokee versus Tennessee High game for that matter) would have been played at the home site of the team on top side of the bracket - a Region 2 team - either Greeneville or Cherokee.

Odd that you find it a "no brainer" to determine where the Morristown West versus Greeneville game will be played, yet you have trouble interpreting that very same rule as it would apply to anyone other scenario. If it is so clear, how did you come to the wrong conclusion? Maybe Greeneville's Principal or A.D. don't look so dumb now, do they? After all, if someone of your obviously high intellect and superior intelligence can misinterpret it, then what chance do those common folk have?

Incidentally, the error wasn’t confined to only the Greeneville administration. The Greeneville Sun, the Johnson City Press, the Kingsport News Times, at least three radio stations and two television stations had the game site incorrect also. Further, the Knoxville News Sentinel, relying on the brackets published on the TSSAA website prior to Friday night’s games, also incorrectly listed game locations for four additional games across the state, all of which fell under the same-region exception to the rule. That exception was printed on the TSSAA website, but was not included on the individual classification brackets page. When printing out a bracket to fill out later in the night to publish or report, a pre-assigned home location was already on the bracket, exactly as it appeared on the official TSSAA website. When these news organizations filled out their bracket, an incorrect assumption was made. To my knowledge, all have since reported or printed corrections.

west big in this one, they whipped up on 'em last time and they'll do it again, the defense is playing awesome, the offense is stepping up, west has won, what, 6 out of 7... 7 out of 8...

don d. woods knows what's up, he's a smart coach, i can assure you that west is confident (crazy after a 37 pt drubbing in the last meeting, huh?) but they are by no means OVERconfident, they'll show up to play, it's the quarterfinals, they're not that stupid

and, like always, i wanna let it be known, i'm a west graduate and fan, not a player anymore, the players themselves aren't the ones talking the trash, just me :)