High School Recruiting at UT

BigDogDaddy

Most players are recruited from: California, Georgia, Florida, and Texas . If you look on any D-1 school's roster you will find less players from Tennessee that UT has. They are trying to recruit the best players they can. If you think there are as many athletes in Tennessee as these states you need to travel and watch some high school football away from home.

Most players are recruited from: California, Georgia, Florida, and Texas .  If you look on any D-1 school's roster you will find less players from Tennessee that UT has.  They are trying to recruit the best players they can.  If you think there are as many athletes in Tennessee as these states you need to travel and watch some high school football away from home.

cephus, I wasn't trying to say that other states have as many players on their roster as Tennessee has, only that they have some. Also, that the preponderance of their players are from their home state. As far as watching football in other states, Cephus, I played high school football in two other states, Virginia and Louisiana. My brother played in Maryland and Georgia. They play some pretty fair ball there.

There are some very talented players that don't get the looks in Tenn that would in other states. That's just the way it is. My team in La, sent 4 to college. Three to LSU and one to Miss Valley State. The three linement that went, were no better, in fact not as good as, some I see in single A ball here.

Edited by ie3

Look at the UT Roster --they recruit very little in the State of Tennessee --move to California or Alaska and maybe you will get a look by UT ---

It makes me sick that the talent that is in this state and our tax dollars are paying for more out of state athletes to play at UT than in state

I disagree if you do your homework and think about it if the University of Tennessee recruited just players from Tennessee they would be battling Kentucky & Vandy for last place in the SEC East forget about BCS bowls, forget about being on TV every week did you know that out of 12 games 6 of those were on National TV and 10 on any TV with 2 more on PayPer View?

I am looking at the UT Media Guide as I type this UT has including walk-ons (47) players from the state of Tennessee! The next highest is a tie between Georgia & North Carolina with (9).

Tennessee selects what players they want to recruit out of the state and the ones they don't for the most part athletes in Tennessee don't face the same competion as they do in states like California, Florida or Texas.

The University of Tennessee is one of about a dozen schools who can get players to sign with them from any where in the world really they have one player come from Hawaii another from both Germany & Canada in the past they have had players from Alaska as well. Tennessee has to recruit players like this if they want to have SEC and National Championships and stay in the Top 10-15 in the country every year!

This year Tennessee is going after the few players in the state that can play Div. 1A level college football!