NO TEAM 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A CAN BEAT MARYVILLE

fayfay05

Drew...ever heard the saying, "Practice like you play?" Well that should go for scrimmages! I don't think anyone ever wants to get hurt, but hey, it happens in football and I think when you're out there playing, no matter what day it is you're going to go 100 percent. Just ask Maryville QB/CB/WR Alex Rouse, who last year tore his acl in the scrimmage against DB. See, our scrimmages aren't unorganized or any of that bull, they are real games more or less, the only difference is that we don't write it down as a W or an L. We scrimmage hard because we want our players ready to play hard. I also think that it would be a sense of pride to scrimmage a team like Maryville and beat them, afterall, no one else has beaten them, but you could say that you did it. For Maryville its a measuring stick to see how good they really are. They run the 1st teams for most the game and then they run 2nd and 3rd strings. They play one another, one 1st team is not playing against someone elses 3rd team. They are done pretty much exactly like games, a lot of people come to see them. Even though if 5A teams are so great, shouldn't they be able to beat little 4A Maryville, even in a scrimmage!? Now if Maryville had lost to those 5A teams then I wouldn't be thinking they were one of the better teams in the state, only in 4A, but they beat two good 5A teams and so I have a little bit of a reason to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, Maryville is good enough to run with most the 5A teams.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, say what you want, but like I said it was still scrimmages. Most 5A coaches want to experiment in scrimmages and don't worry about winning or loosing. If you have to count those as victories against 5A teams as the only way you have to make yourself feel big and bad, then do so. I know Maryville would do fine against many 5A teams, and they would no doubt be very successful, BUT THEY WOULDN'T DOMINATE! That's all I'm stating. Until Maryville steps up to the plate and plays a couple of seasons in 5A, we'll never know. Like I said before, when they do step up....if they dominate like you all say they will I'll eat my words, if not I'm going to be laughing at all of you (The braggarts) crying because your precious little team doesn't stack up like you thought it would. The rest of the Maryville faithful, no offense intended as I do respect what you all have accomplished.

This Lewis County stuff is kinda funny, but anyway...Drew, I am not saying that we will dominate, I am just saying that its kinda stupid to say that 5A is the best in the state when some teams are better, they just don't have the numbers to compete. I know that in the Blount County jamboree 1A Greenback tied William Blount (5A). They only played a quarter, but really if u play 4 quarters its a matter of depth and who has the most of it, so its kinda unfair to a 1A team, who has less depth. Now I know some schools that have a ton of talent, Austin East, but they do not have a ton of players. On the other hand, I know that Cumberland County has little to no real talent, and a lot of players. However; if you looked at the two teams CCHS would get the leg up over AEHS because CCHS is simply bigger. I personally don't like that stereotype that 5A, being the biggest, is the best. I also think that DII schools are a little too cocky considering they can recruit, they should just take their wins and smile, when they can compete without getting players from all over the southeast, and just from their county/city, then they can talk smack! I am not a "braggert" either, I respect teams such as Riverdale, Hillsboro, Melrose, Mo-West, etc. because they continue to do well and they deserve that respect.

This Lewis County stuff is kinda funny, but anyway...Drew, I am not saying that we will dominate, I am just saying that its kinda stupid to say that 5A is the best in the state when some teams are better, they just don't have the numbers to compete. I know that in the Blount County jamboree 1A Greenback tied William Blount (5A). They only played a quarter, but really if u play 4 quarters its a matter of depth and who has the most of it, so its kinda unfair to a 1A team, who has less depth. Now I know some schools that have a ton of talent, Austin East, but they do not have a ton of players. On the other hand, I know that Cumberland County has little to no real talent, and a lot of players. However; if you looked at the two teams CCHS would get the leg up over AEHS because CCHS is simply bigger. I personally don't like that stereotype that 5A, being the biggest, is the best. I also think that DII schools are a little too cocky considering they can recruit, they should just take their wins and smile, when they can compete without getting players from all over the southeast, and just from their county/city, then they can talk smack! I am not a "braggert" either, I respect teams such as Riverdale, Hillsboro, Melrose, Mo-West, etc. because they continue to do well and they deserve that respect.

ok if lewis county coaching staff is kinda funny then that makes maryvilles coaching staff my B****. besides lewis county has one of the best coaches in 2AA his name is Bobby Sharp.