Toughest Gym in Chattanooga area to play

oldtimeballer63

You got me I am definately an internet thug! HaHa! That's hilarious. Jennings-Jones was also only like 6'4 when he was at Howard now he's close to like 6'9 that's also a big reason why he so much better. Howard is not a power house in the Chattanooga area. They are usually pretty competitive but they aren't a powerhouse. Brainerd has been a powerhouse and until the past like 2 seasons usually handles Howard relatively easy. I don't believe Sir Lee's class ever beat them. Howard has definately been very good in 6-AA but they haven't done it on the state level yet. When I was in school CSAS was the toughest gym to play in. Howards gym was tough because the floor was uneven and one goal slanted to the left. I started for four years and only loss one time at Howard so in my opinion CSAS was the toughest gym to play at. Howard wasn't even in my top 5. Temple, Grace, Bradley, and Cleveland were my other 5. Bradley is the toughest gym to play in anywhere. Have you seen that place? It has seats that go up forever, and it is always packed!! My opinion only. This internet thug is about to go drink a 40 of 7up! Peace Dawg! (I'm also throwing up a gang sign of some sorts)HaHa! Take it easy brother.

Hey Internet thug shut up!!! Sir Lee beat Brainerd his senior year and in his freshman year they beat Brainerd twice in the Arena and beat them at brainerd for the district championship so that was three in a row that year. The next year Brainerd handled them but Jermario Thurman was key for Brainerd even though he spent his first two years in High School at Howard. When did you play and what school did you play for because the only teams that beat Howard often when Sir Lee played was Brainerd or Austin East. before that Kevin McCauleys for years he played with little talent and he left howard with an even record against brainerd. But the only dominance came when brainerd had Harris, CJ Black, and the best player in the city during that time Johnny Goodman. But Who did you play for or are you just making up stuff because Howard would beat Austin East at howard and lose in Knoxville. Rashard is not 6'9"and he is a rebounding hog just like he was at howard but the guards did not get him the ball. If you talk b-ball in Chattanooga you have to bring up Howard and Brainerd but for you to lose to CSAS and beat Howard at Howard is a complete lie. CSAS has been decent but that is a win that we circle every year since I can remember. And by the way Howard and Brainerd games are ALWAYS close. And the last two years we have had Moose as our coach and not the incompetent Leroy Higgins who would hold the ball for 5 minutes.

Edited by t-mac

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude please re-read what this thread is about! "The Toughest GYM to play in." This is not a thread about the toughest TEAM to play in Chatt. The toughest gym (to inform you is based upon crowd noise how hyped up the team gets and overall feel of the crowd being right on top of you) is CSAS, Bradley, Grace, Temple and Cleveland are some of the toughest GYMS to play in. And you also must've misread my post when I said my team consistently beat Howard. I said I only lost one time in four games at Howard, they beat us at home every year except my senior year. Just please to save yourself future embarassment pick fights in the right threads. I played with Rashad prolly 3 or 4 months ago and trust me he is 6'8 or 6'9. Have a nice day!

Dude please re-read what this thread is about! "The Toughest GYM to play in." This is not a thread about the toughest TEAM to play in Chatt. The toughest gym (to inform you is based upon crowd noise how hyped up the team gets and overall feel of the crowd being right on top of you) is CSAS, Bradley, Grace, Temple and Cleveland are some of the toughest GYMS to play in. And you also must've misread my post when I said my team consistently beat Howard. I said I only lost one time in four games at Howard, they beat us at home every year except my senior year. Just please to save yourself future embarassment pick fights in the right threads. I played with Rashad prolly 3 or 4 months ago and trust me he is 6'8 or 6'9. Have a nice day!

This is the right thread for me because it talks about basketball in chattanooga and who better to argue this than a Howard fan? No one besides the Mighty Panthers of Brainerd with their Hustlin Tiger coach. Those reasons mean nothing to me only thing that matters is wins it doesnt say who has the best fans it says toughest"GYM" in Chattanooga. Howard has had its new gym for three years and to my recollection they have not lost a game in it. Wow!!! that says a lot for a team in which you said was mediocre. Please state the team that you are talking about that beat howard consistantly at howard. But Howard has the toughest gym to play in if not them Brainerd does and howard has beatin them in their gym every time in the last couple of years. Dont you feel foolish obout your statement saying brainerd beat howard easily and that Sir Lee didnt beat brainerd. You fool!! But like I said wins are the only thing that should matter when you speak on the toughest gym in Chatt and it has to be Howard or Brainerd because they are the most dominant programs in Chattanooga. "

MEN LIE WOMEN LIE NUMBERS DONT"-Jay Z. Boy this proves to be true in your case

Edited by Bighurt

Gentlemen please calm yourselves down. The topic is about the toughest gym. Not the best record in your home gym.

I could walk into a gym and feel good and still loose wheras I could walk into someone's gym and be scared to death yet still win by 20.

I've heard great things about CSAS' gym and support.

Bradley Central is on crazy place to go to.

McCallie's gym is one of a kind because it's so hard to shoot there with bad depth perception.

Notre Dame is always packed and loud. And it's relatively small.

Chattanooga Christian's one sided bleachers, pep band, and small bandbox gym is nerve racking to even some of the most composed players.

csas is a harder place to play then howard. csas plays better at home and most teams that come in play worse than they should. i agree that the "toughest" place to play does not mean the toughest place to win.

but i do stand by my statement that howard is one of the greatest basketball traditions in the city of chattanooga, probably the greatest.

Im done, but its funny to me. Well this whole site is funny. I only post about Howard for two reasons: Im a fan, and no one else posts anything about the school. But when you talk b-ball in Chattanooga you always have to mention HOWARD and Brainerd. Unless its a thread about a team losing lots of games. I DONT GET IT!! Howard just beat CSAS by 30 points in the so called toughest gym to play in(says who).If anybody didnt know anything about Chattanooga they would wonder how anybody could say that this is the toughest gym to play in if u can lose by 30 on your home court!!!!!

"Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont"-Jay Z

um having played in almost every gym in chattanooga and the tri-state area id say Temple,Norte Dame and lastly McCallie. Recently McCallie installed clocks on the side of the goals, but before then they had that one really big clock at the half court line,you dont know how hard it was to look up to check the time without getting yo cookies took! cookies= the basketball! :ph34r::ph34r:

Im done, but its funny to me. Well this whole site is funny. I only post about Howard for two reasons: Im a fan, and no one else posts anything about the school. But when you talk b-ball in Chattanooga you always have to mention HOWARD and Brainerd. Unless its a thread about a team losing lots of games. I DONT GET IT!! Howard just beat CSAS by 30 points in the so called toughest gym to play in(says who).If anybody didnt know anything about Chattanooga they would wonder how anybody could say that this is the toughest gym to play in if u can lose by 30 on your home court!!!!!

"Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont"-Jay Z

Howard IS one of the great basketball traditions in Chattanooga along with Brainerd. With that said, CSAS has never ran away from competition. Not many teams locally (A,AA,or AAA) can say they have a winning overall record against them. Whether you lose by one or thirty doesn't mean much in basketball cause every dog has their day. What makes a gym hard to play in is the consistant interation of the fans, unique conditions of the gym, and a consistant tradition of the home team winning in the gym (CSAS has loss less than 5 games at home in the last three years). CSAS has all of that! Don't try to put CSAS down to make Howard look good. Believe me, anyone that knows Chattanooga basketball knows what Howard & Brainerd bring to the table year in and year out (Also CSAS - Go Patriots!).

Howard IS one of the great basketball traditions in Chattanooga along with Brainerd. With that said, CSAS has never ran away from competition. Not many teams locally (A,AA,or AAA) can say they have a winning overall record against them. Whether you lose by one or thirty doesn't mean much in basketball cause every dog has their day. What makes a gym hard to play in is the consistant interation of the fans, unique conditions of the gym, and a consistant tradition of the home team winning in the gym (CSAS has loss less than 5 games at home in the last three years). CSAS has all of that! Don't try to put CSAS down to make Howard look good. Believe me, anyone that knows Chattanooga basketball knows what Howard & Brainerd bring to the table year in and year out (Also CSAS - Go Patriots!).

No one is trying to put CSAS down!!! They have a good atmosphere but the teams are mediocre. The thread doesnt say best fans in chattanoga. It says toughest gym and to me that means what gym will you qo in and know you are not likely to come out with a win and that is Howard hands down. You said that CSAS has only lost 5 games in three years but Im telling you that Howard hasnt lost any games in their new gym and its been up for three years. Would sombody post the truth on this post. Thank you for saying that we have a great tradition. That goes without saying but what I am trying to figure out is how all these chattanooga people are not even mentioning Howard or Brainerd

No one is trying to put CSAS down!!! They have a good atmosphere but the teams are mediocre. The thread doesnt say best fans in chattanoga. It says toughest gym and to me that means what gym will you qo in and know you are not likely to come out with a win and that is Howard hands down. You said that CSAS has only lost 5 games in three years but Im telling you that Howard hasnt lost any games in their new gym and its been up for three years. Would sombody post the truth on this post. Thank you for saying that we have a great tradition. That goes without saying but what I am trying to figure out is how all these chattanooga people are not even mentioning Howard or Brainerd

I think Howard and Brainerd have been mentioned several times as a tough place to play by others than t-mac. (See page 1 & 2 of this post) but they are not the only schools that have tough gyms to play in. Besides, CSAS is a single A school. Most teams in their district would consider (in their experience) CSAS a tough place to play, as with AAA Bradley Central's gym and their district opponents as well as AA Howard and their district opponents. People on this post are speaking from their own expierence so leave it at that. Every post does not have to be a debate or a put down if they don't mention Howard. It's good that Howard and Brainerd are not the only two good teams with "hard to win in gyms" in Chattanooga.