FRANKLIN 24 HENDERSONVILLE 23 (OT)

FHSrebel27

Germantown is on a roll and they're no 7-5 team. This will be a good test for Franklin. Kinda got lucky playing Hendersonville in the third round to advance on. You beat Germantown and I think you will gain a ton of peoples respect. Good Luck.

If we were lucky to play Hendersonville last night, I'd hate to see what bad luck looks like. I think Hendersonville was the best overall team we played this year and no offense to DC and LC, but these Commandos were a really physical bunch and it blows my mind that they had lost to anyone this season.

Still can't get over their punter, he kicked it so high and so deep that his cover guys could stop for a cup of coffee on the way down to cover!

I guess thats why they say Playoffs are a whole nother season!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been several threads about Mr. Football and All State for 5A. I may copy these comments to those threads as well, but I think now is a good time to talk about Matt Solima:

The passing stats in the Tennessean now have him as the number two passer in the mid-state. Quite frankly when you talk about Matt Solima, stats don't mean a thing! When you talk about Matt you use words like maturity, and leadership, and you talk about the ice that runs through his veins.

Yes Rebel27, the Rebels have made history. They have done it because of a number of things special teams, skill players, great O Line....but the one thing that we knew would make the difference between history and mediocrity, the thing we talked about all summer long as we watched them practice, was Matt Solima!

Last night he did it with his legs, because the coaches finally let him. I didn't want to harp on this point until we got to this point in the playoffs, but while Edmiston was soaking up headlines because of his ability to both run and pass and primarily run, Solima was being told not to run for fear of injury. Think of all the 4-4 defenses we faced and with the Guard to Guard play we have Solima could have had dozens of 30+ yard runs on QB Draws, but we didn't dare.

Composure, intelligence, selflessness and fearless leadership are why Matt Solima should be named the 5A All State QB

Well Rebels, you did it again. My pride the Franklin expands each game... you boys never die. Kevyn, great great game. The entire 4th I was yelling "GIVE IT TO MURRAY!" Nichols... awesome hitch and go. Joe... well, really... do you have to show off like that to win EVERY game? :) And Campbell, way to come through with the kick. Solima... your legs impressed me!! I'd like to see that more against Germantown! You boys amaze me. GO GET EM NEXT WEEK!

congrats to frankiln....you guys were a great team i thought we were gonna pull it out all night but you guys played so well that we couldnt put you away/./// you guys were great sports the whole game ////esp. after when most of us were in tears ....if anyone knows i think # 16 maybe 18 but i think 16...tell him thanx for

talking to me after the game from # 70 of hville...u guys were classy and you have my respect---good luck /...hope to git you again next year

Congrats Rebels. I was driving by and saw the scoreboard was 10-7 at the half and I knew you guys had a good one going. Commandos...good job all year. You overcame a shaky start and really came alive late. Franklin just keep it in the midstate. Best of luck from this Gallatin fan.

Edited by Wireman

I wanted to say congradulations to the Franklin Rebels, and Hendersonville on a great game. Franklin, I am glade to see yall pull through. I remember sitting in the stands at half time and talking to FHSREBELL27, we were not shocked. Hendersonville played a great game. Rebels never lost there composer, and pulled through. Great job Nichols on that catch, Solima on the Throw, and the offensive line for the protection on the play. I also want to say congradulations to David Campbell! That was a great kick. With a miss that ment, Game over, but great job again. David D. good job all night on extra points. Good luck next week, and we will all see 1 more game at HOWARD GAMBLE STADIUM.