Lipscomb @ Alcoa

OSHSman

I'm a region2 fan, and I wish Alcoa the best of luck, but unless something very very strange happens friday night it will take nothing short of a perfect game for the tornadoes and a terrible game from lipscomb for Alcoa to have any chance this year. I hope that I am wrong but lipscomb is a team that belongs somewhere besides class 2a public. There are times over the last few years that I think 2a public teams wouldv'e had a better chance winning a state championship in 3a than against the privates in 2a! It can be done, but it's not hard to see that they have an unfair advantage against 2a teams from small towns! 34-10. Now prove me wrong, it won't be the first time, lol. B)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they have an unfair advantage? Is it because Lipscomb recruits? No, maybe it's because they work hard and they have great coaching and some pretty good athletes every now and then. If you can give a player that has been recruited by Lipscomb, go ahead. But I promise you won't find one.

First off all, let me say congradulations to Alcoa on beating a good OS team. Alcoa played a very good game. They held OS' offense to a very low margin. Now let me say to all those dreamers who believe that Alcoa can upset Lipscomb, its time to wake up. lipscomb is one of the best prepared teams in the state, plus, they have more players/deapth than any 2a team. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see Alcoa's sophs. pull off the upset...but I am not going to bet on it. I think next year they can and will, but as for now, this is Lipscomb's show to run.

ACCARP

Not to burst anyones hopes of the future. Lipscomb has some outstanding sophomore & freshmen coming up that no one knows about. To be a great program year in & year out you want your team to be junior senior oriented. In Lipscombs case this year they are senior ted with a sprinkle of juniors & sophs. Last year Lipscomb was senior ted. This years team that is senior ted most of them barely saw the field last year. They have done a great job of getting us to this point. Next year we lose all of these guys but sitting in the wings are another group of young men that are chomping at the bit to play. The future of Lipscomb is bright. The freshmen team went 7-1. Their only loss was to Ravenwood. They beat the likes of 5A Brentwood - Lewis County - JP II - Portland - Creekwood - Marshall County - Greenbrier. GO MUSTANGS! BEAT ALCOA!

1. What was the score of the last playoff meeting between these two teams?

2. How many points has Region 2-AA scored against David Lipscomb in the thirteen years DL has made the playoffs?

3. How many points did David Lipscomb's opponents score against them in their five playoff games last season?

No one has attempted to complete the quiz, so I'll include the answers now.

1. 38-0, David Lipscomb in 1998.

2. Two points in three games. Sweetwater scored in 2002 (semifinals), Alcoa (semifinals) and Harriman (championship) have been shutout.

3. Eight. Six by Marion County and two by Sweetwater. They held opponents scoreless in the second round, quarterfinals, and state championship game.

twittycanes- Alcoa does have bleachers on both sides of the field, they just got new visitors bleacher's two years ago, which are very nice and big. Alcoa hasn't really brought a great crowd during the regular season, but last week against Oliver Springs, Alcoa brought more students han Oliver Springs did, and the game was at Oliver Springs. Some students take their shirts off and paint their chests, and I expect they will this week too, and last week a lot of fans brought milk jugs filled with rocks which was very loud, so yea Alcoa does bring some pretty wild fans, And yes with Maryville still in t we will still get a good crowd of people whos team is out (Heritage and William Blount) and a few Knoxville teams, since we're the only team playing inside Blount Co. Friday night. Hope these answer your questions twitty canes

twittycanes- Alcoa does have bleachers on both sides of the field, they just got new visitors bleacher's two years ago, which are very nice and big. Alcoa hasn't really brought a great crowd during the regular season, but last week against Oliver Springs, Alcoa brought more students han Oliver Springs did, and the game was at Oliver Springs. Some students take their shirts off and paint their chests, and I expect they will this week too, and last week a lot of fans brought milk jugs filled with rocks which was very loud, so yea Alcoa does bring some pretty wild fans, And yes with Maryville still in t we will still get a good crowd of people whos team is out (Heritage and William Blount) and a few Knoxville teams, since we're the only team playing inside Blount Co. Friday night. Hope these answer your questions twitty canes

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions. Good luck to your team Friday. Well wait not too much luck though. Hopefully it will be an injury free game. Make sure to tell your players to eat alot of Thanksgiving food. Happy Thanksgiving!

I could be wrong, but my guess is that "windtalker" is either a non-player Lipscomb supporter who thinks he can make the Mustangs mad and get them fired up by posting bad things about them, or an ex-player who quit and really wishes he were still on the team.  (He has to be associated with Lipscomb to bring up the name of the back-up longsnapper and B-team right tackle who came to Lipscomb in kindergarten as an example of recruiting.)

It won't be the first time someone has tried to fire up a Lipscomb team.  In the early 90's, a parent sent a funeral wreath to the stadium the night before a big game and signed the other team's name to it.  None of the players believed the other team was dumb enough to do that.  They laughed that an old 1940's coaches trick was tried in the 1990's and figured out among themselves which dad did it. 

I guess internet chat rooms are the "funeral wreaths" of the 2000's.

Windtalker, give it a break and head to Kroger to buy your Thanksgiving turkey.  Any artificial emotions that you could possibly hope to arouse will last about 2 plays.  Then the teams will just play football.

Lipscomb has a big task in front of them this Friday.  Anyone who gets on a message board and declares a game is a sure win is crazy at best.  Anything can happen when eleven 16-18 year olds take the field.  Alcoa is a very talented team that plays with a lot of excitement.  The Mustangs better bring their A game.  I am sure that Alcoa will bring their's.

You will read the Terms of Service, and you will abide by them or you will be gone.

Your choice. They are as follows;

All messages express the views of the author. The operators of CoachT.com will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our terms of service are general guidelines. These are the top ten examples of specific violations:

10. You did not register with your real, complete full name, so all the posts that you made were deleted.

9. You created a thread on a topic that was already ongoing, so your new thread and all posts within were deleted.

8. Your post was not on the topic of the thread that you posted it in, so it was deleted.

7. You're post was antagonistic and designed to inflame the members rather than contribute to constructive debate.

6. Your post was a personal message to one other member, which is best put in a private email to that member, not of interest to all readers. Such as: "Good Morning Jane, nice to see you here today." or "Hi Bob, long time no see."

5. You made the same post in multiple areas. All but the one in the appropriate area would be deleted.

4. Your post contained copyrighted material. This is against the law. It could be deleted. We prefer linking to the material along with some related comments.

3. Your post shamelessly self-promoted your website, and/or commercial venture, or the website that was linked did not contribute to the conversation.

2. Your post crossed the line of constructive criticism and civilized behavior or degenerated into excessive negativity towards the operators of this website, players, coaches, officials, or school administrators. We welcome all opinions but only if it is civilized. It would be considered extreme bad taste to come to our place and post rude and derogatory messages about us.

1. You personally attacked a member, rather than staying on the issue.

Should your post be deleted, please consider these examples in determining why your post may have been deleted and don't assume your post was deleted because we disagreed with your point of view or have any particular agenda.

If you need further explanation why a particular post or thread was deleted, send an email with all the particulars in order for us to be able to determine the reason. While we try to be as objective as possible we do have to make close calls that you may not always agree with, but we have the right to make that call. We have always tried to maintain a friendly, civilized, and informative environment for our visitors by enforcing the above rules. It is not an easy job but it's worth the effort.

Edited by robjim

I really get tired of people saying that Alcoa will dominate the next few years. Well, if you haven't noticed we are dominating people now. We are scoring 40 points a game and only giving up about 8 a game with the starters. Now we don't expect to get another one of those games this week but we(especially the seniors) would like a little respect for this team. You are right though, the next two years are definitely gonna be dominated by Alcoa, but i say why don't we just go ahead and make it three. The road to the state championship runs through Alcoa's Goddard Field. Go Tornadoes!!!!