Lipscomb @ Alcoa

OSHSman

this is so stupid postponing a football game because of rain...i saw the field..yeah its soaked but its football, football is meant to be played in the rain and just to let everyone know it wasnt a coached decision it was our athletic director and i dont see the the big deal tearing up the field because its the last home game...but whatever guess we'll have to wait one more day

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To anyone that cares, Lipsomb vs. Alcoa game has been moved to Saturday at 7pm(eastern) due to weather conditions.

Yes - everyone from Nashville who was packing up to leave around noon central certainly cares - - the people who aren't lucky enough to hear about this cancellation until they arrive in Alcoa tonight will certainly care. The folks that planned to stay overnight in the Knoxville/Alcoa area and will have to make adjustments to their plans certainly care. The fans who have been away for Thanksgiving and planned to return to Nashville via Alcoa tonight who won't find out about this until they arrive at the gate tonight will certainly care. I really find it hard to believe that the weather is so bad that this (and other games) should be cancelled. If we're just talking about a wet field, what's the deal? The previous poster said that football is made to be played in all sorts of weather conditions. Are the conditions really that bad in East TN right now?

I agree with turbo63, I went by the field and yes there's a little water on the 50 yd line & Alcoas sideline. Still trying to figure out why game was postponed. We should be playing football tonight. I know this will mess up some D/L travelers. They didn't even annouce it until 11:10 a.m. here. We will have some of our own fans show up because they didn't know of postponement...then they will be upset and not come back for the Sat. game. This was a bonehead decision for whoever made it. I mean this is FOOTBALL. What's a little water?????????????????

Well can't quite figure out why this one was canceled. A football game should be cancelled only if there is danger of lightening...I remember last year when Lipscomb came to Tyner it would have been to the Rams advantage to try and cancel as the field was muddy but we chose to play. Come on "Men" football is supposed to be played in the rain, mud, cold and snow....The weather is usually the same on both sidelines. Does Coach Reid have a trick up his sleeve....The Ram train would have rumbled in this weather......

If some of you that are saying that there is a little water on the Alcoa sidelines & the middle of the field is true then there will be some upset people from both Lipscomb & Alcoa. The person that made this descision did not think about all of the people that had other Thanksgiving plans after the game. I know of several different families from Lipscomb that had plans to travel after the game. I can understand if the field is under water but if it is what some of you say it is this person needs to let all fans in free for all of the trouble he has caused & he needs to be at the gate answering & hearing frustrations that he caused. He needs to answer to the TSSAA & pay them what the gate would of brought. This is rediculous, if what some of you Alcoa people are saying about the field conditions are true. What is the forecast for tomorrow in Alcoa?

Maybe this Ad had his Thanksgiving plans for tonite & did not want to miss the game. I would love to know where this man will be tonight I hope he gets his shop-vac & works his butt off to get the field ready.

Yes you are right about that 9yroldchamps. I did not even think about that. Man this just chaps me. Our guys get to the fieldhouse ready to go & only to find out that we are postponed, what a mental challenge that is. I hope this person knows what a problem this has caused many families. If the field is UNDER water then you have a different story. But what I am reading on here it sounds as if the field is playable.

For once Twitty Canes I agree with you. The decision to cancel this game is inexcusable and is an embarrassment on the person who did it. I have also heard that Maryville did the same. East TN football teams with their great pride should not be afraid of the weather. Real men like the Tyner Rams play football in any kind of weather..I know I had to change my plans. I bet someone's wife had a trip to the mall planned...that is why the game got cancelled.

Cancelled? Well when Lipscomb gets there tomorrow, they had better walk on a perfect field since they've had all of today and all of tomorrow to get that thing cleaned up. Sounds a little underhanded to me; Alcoa needs one more day to get ready for Lipscomb.

Like everyone else has said this guy who called the game off needs to realize all the crap he's caused travelers. Yeah if Alcoa was down the street from DL and it was called off then i'd be mad instead of infuriated, but 4hrs?! Sheash.... Ohwell. Not much we can do about it now.