Lipscomb @ Alcoa

OSHSman

Let's get this thread back on the topic it is suppose to be about. But before I do do (get it do do) get this back on topic. Pampers now makes and adult size diaper that is suppose to be more absorbent. You may want to try these.

I heard that Alcoa has 5 kids that run a sub 4.5 and they get to wear silver cleats because of that. I think some school in Nashville does the same thing but there school collars are Bronze and Green and they where Bronze shoes.

Is this true? Does Alcoa have that much speed?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that I don't offend Lipscomb fans, so please read the whole message before you get mad.

I was at the Tyner game last week. (Great catfish!!!) After some of the post I had read on Coach T, I was expecting Lipscomb to look like a small college team on the field.

Lipscomb had a lot of kids, but their team wasn't real impressive to look at. If it had been recess and I was choosing teams, I wouldn't have picked many Lipscomb kids. They only had 1 impressive looking lineman, #77, and I only saw him on offense when they got to the goalline. Most of their lineman were small.

But looks can be deceiving. Those kids sure play hard. They played with as much quickness and intensity as I have seen from high school kids. I know I'm showing my age here, but they reminded me of the "Chinese bandits" that Paul Deitzel used at LSU back in the mid-50's. They were small, but they played hard, and won. With their purple and golduniforms and black shoes, Lipscomb looked like those bandits. (Except Lipscomb had more bars on their facemasks than the Tigers had in the 50's.)

Again, they didn't look impressive when they lined up, but when the ball was snapped, they swarmed to the ball.

Edited by TedLNancy

What does this mean Ted?? Are you saying Chinese are not any good at football? Are saying Chinese are bandits? Let's just keep to the topic and not bring ethnicticity into the board.

Ted, are you going to da game on Fri?

this reminds me of a quote by great coach- it should be on the great quotes list- "there are a hundred thousand chines who could care less about football"

The LSU defense in th e 50's was called the "Chinese Bandits." That is all there is to it.

I'm not planning on going to Alcoa. I hear it's suppossed to snow.

Paper, there is a good rest area just east of Crossville. They usually have clean toilets.

You might want to take a cushion sit on. I have tennis elbow (from fly fishing) and seating on a cushion last week really helped me a lot. Someone from Tyner suggested the cushion and my elbow felt great after the game.

Do you go down an ailse facing the stadium or the field? I have a real problem with this, so I usually just sit on the end of a row.

Momma is calling me in to carve the traditional Thanksgiving Pork Roast. i better get into the kitchen.

I heard that the Alcoa linemen can jog faster than most schools' running backs. Hey, does anyone know what kind of charter bus DL is taking to Alcoa because I think that will have a direct effect on the game. If they take Greyhound I expect them to lose because Greyhound is a big company that makes a lot of money and that could rubb off onto the team and give them a big head. However, if DL takes a charter bus run buy a small business, that will most likely inspire them to work hard for every yard in the game cause small businesses always have big hearts. I know Coach Mac will choose wisely because he knows the importance of the little things in high school football.

Yea I'm from Maryville and I'm going with Alcoa all the way.  Also came to mind that people are saying Alcoa is going to be good these next few years, But I have talked to alot of kids that no these guys and are saying some of them are like 16-18 year old sophmores.  I mean isn't there a rule for age limit.  It doesn't matter though because I am going for Alcoa all the way.

Yeah, there's an age limit. Basically, you're good-to-go as long as you don't turn 19 on or before August 1 of your senior season. An 18 year-old sophomore would be fully legal, but the rule is wide open for this same person playing as a junior. He would be 19, but the loophole would be that he isn't a senior, so he would probably be able to play. However, he wouldn't be able to play as a senior if he didn't fall under the cut-off date. Make sense?

There are three kids who attend the same school as my son who turned 16 this year, as freshmen. There is something just wrong about a freshman driving to school. Being held back is becoming more and more commonplace. Does anyone else remember the good-old-days when kids were held back because they were dumb, not because they had a good juke move?

Yeah, there's an age limit. Basically, you're good-to-go as long as you don't turn 19 on or before August 1 of your senior season. An 18 year-old sophomore would be fully legal, but the rule is wide open for this same person playing as a junior. He would be 19, but the loophole would be that he isn't a senior, so he would probably be able to play. However, he wouldn't be able to play as a senior if he didn't fall under the cut-off date. Make sense?

Since your Junior year comes before your Senior year, then if you turn 19 before August 1 of your Jr year you naturally turn 19 before August 1 of your Sr year. Therefore you would not be eligible to play.