New Gallatin vs TSSAA Thread

ELA

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone lets keep the personal insults to ourselves. Lets just deal with the facts.

A side note to start the issue: How much should we get? I mean if we win. And howcome the settlement issue in the Brentwood Aca case is taking so long?

Does the Executive Director postion fall under the hand of the Government? How do you go about obtaining a no confidence vote?

Everyone lets keep the personal insults to ourselves.  Lets just deal with the facts.

A side note to start the issue:  How much should we get?  I mean if we win.  And howcome the settlement issue in the Brentwood Aca case is taking so long?

Does the Executive Director postion fall under the hand of the Government?  How do you go about obtaining a no confidence vote?

The Excutive Director (Carter) is hired by the Executive Board of the TSSAA which is made up of school administrators from every part of the state. You can go to the TSSAA Website and find who these men are and where they work.

http://www.TSSAA.org/

http://www.tssaa.org/peopleindex.htm

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/handbookindex.htm

As I understand it he has the full support of the TSSAA Board and the majority of the schools with the exception of Gallatin.

Edited by caesar

Thanks ELA. By the way that green becomes you. GreenWave fans lets keep this on topic. The lawsuits are rolling along and all indications are the Wave has a good case. For a little GreenWave good news....our cheerleaders captured the TSSAA Small Division State Championship in Murfreesboro today. Yeah, Yeah, I know this is a football thread but we all need a boost and besides, my daughter is on the squad. GWave1 I still like that retractable roof idea after this is all over, or at least maybe padded seats.

Sidebar....How did BA arrive at a figure for damages to them? Early on I called for a boycott of the playoffs but I would like to officially retract that. Keep turning out in droves......more for us later!!!!!!!

Edited by Wireman

Everyone lets keep the personal insults to ourselves.  Lets just deal with the facts.

A side note to start the issue:  How much should we get?  I mean if we win.  And howcome the settlement issue in the Brentwood Aca case is taking so long?

Does the Executive Director postion fall under the hand of the Government?  How do you go about obtaining a no confidence vote?

The Excutive Director (Carter) is hired by the Executive Board of the TSSAA which is made up of school administrators from every part of the state. You can go to the TSSAA Website and find who these men are and where they work.

http://www.TSSAA.org/

http://www.tssaa.org/peopleindex.htm

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/handbookindex.htm

As I understand it he has the full support of the TSSAA Board and the majority of the schools with the exception of Gallatin.

Actually Carter was apointed as successor to the former Director some 27 years ago.

To my knowledge there is no system of checks and balances. The director makes the final decision according to the by-laws. The appeal is made when you have a problem with his decision. And when the federal judge says you were not given due process(14 Amendment), you go to court. If you have a conflict of interest on the board and a director that will not stand up for what is right, then you have a big problem within the system. Gallatin has this problem and so does the rest of the state whether they realize it or not. Why was Gallatin not notified after the investigation into the supposed ineligible player that he was deemed ineligible? Since we now know that the investigation took place Sept. 2 , why did it take so long? Most of these people who are saying Gallatin needs to take blame and quit their crying can't answer these questions.

Not to mention that the information taken from the school was done in an illegal fashion. A violation of privacy laws. The kid being in violation of the dual residency rule has now taken a back seat. Corruption is now front and center.

Just a side note on the dual residency thing...as I understand it and I may be wrong Kyle's family has sold the house in Hermitage. And after the appeal Kyle was told he would be elligible after they sold the house in Hermitage. So that has occured thus Kyle is now elligible. I know this may make a few Gallatin fans mad and I am a big fan, but I think it is time to let the family handle this case with thier lawyers. And the comments about Gallatin vs. TSSAA just be those...comments...we will not change the past whatever we do. If we really care about the future of sports in Tn High Schools we need to address those issues and seek changes so we can move forward. Going after TSSAA for any monies will not benefit those senoirs this year unless those families are involved in the lawsuit..You can't sue yourself. Once again I'm a huge Greenwave fan have been all my life just goes with being a local yocal. It is time to move this support to the other atheletes at school go to some basketball games and enjoy some inexpensive entertainment while your at it.

I have been a Green Wave fan all my life too. I am one of those local yocals as well. However the damage done by the TSSAA weighs far more than just missed playoff games. Money from the missed games, advertisment money, and now I hear universities have quit calling some of the players so add scholarship opportunities. What the TSSAA has done has affected more than just a few.

Since the Federal Trade Commission has now weighed in on the Brentwood Aca case, civil suits can be filed by the individuals and the TSSAA be held liable.

The TSSAA has now not excepted the fine money leveed against Gallatin. Gallatin sent the money and the TSSAA sent the check back. Once again in violation of their own by-laws. So are we guilty or not TSSAA? If so why gives us back the fine? YA'LL CAN'T MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ON ANYTHING!!!

Gallatin is going to win in the long run and the face of Tenneessee High School Football will be forever changed. Your welcome. :D

Edited by GWAVE1

Gallatin is going to win in the long run and the face of Tenneessee High School Football will be forever changed. Your welcome. B)

And if it is determined that the TSSAA can't exist by enforcing its own rules then the association will cease to exist and there won't be another one since they would have the same problems. Hence, no state championships, no eligibility rules, schools have to get their own insurance, and no standard for officiating. But, Gallatin can say they won a lawsuit.

GWave88,

To a degree I agree with you. We need to move on and support our other teams. ALL of them. I will be at nearly every basketball game, I was at the cheerleading competition last Saturday, I go to a FEW baseball games, however, it is high time the tssaa face the inevitable. SOME DRASTIC CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE! My personal view, they need to start at the top. All of the people that said the tssaa was only following the rules need to explain something to me. Wasn't the $500.00 fine one of the rules? Why then did the tssaa send the fine back? Was that fine not a RULE? This is all in the courts now and we need to move on but what about basketball season. What if they do rule him eligible because of the sale of the house and then January 20th rule him ineligible again for parting his hair on the wrong side? Some common sense should have applied long ago. The intent of the rule should have some bearing. If I understand correctly he plays baseball too. What about baseball season. Again no one will answer my repeated question. Lets suppose for a moment that his parents (mother and stepfather) really did separate...how long do you continue to punish a kid for something 110% out of his control? We need to support our GreenWave in ALL avenues including court battles if we truly believe in them.

And if it is determined that the TSSAA can't exist by enforcing its own rules then the association will cease to exist and there won't be another one since they would have the same problems. Hence, no state championships, no eligibility rules, schools have to get their own insurance, and no standard for officiating. But, Gallatin can say they won a lawsuit.

So what does a school do that has been wronged by the governing body? If the tssaa doesn't have to be held accountable what kind of system is that? Like it or not what Gallatin is doing is part of the system. What the tssaa did to Gallatin can not stand or the whole system is useless. Again my opinion, but it needs to be completely restructured. Someone else on another thread used this quote but it needs repeating..."Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

Money from the missed games, advertisment money, and now I hear universities have quit calling some of the players so add scholarship opportunities. What the TSSAA has done has affected more than just a few.

Don't get me wrong, I'm 100% behind Gallatin if an injustice has actually occurred. However, why in the world would any college quit pursuing a prospect because of an alleged eligibility infraction by one player? That makes no sense. If a college has ceased calling some players, it has to be for other reasons, wouldn't you think?

If Gallatin has been wronged, it deserves retribution. The lost scholarship theory will never fly in court, though.