Riverdale vs. Oak Ridge

seminolefan6

It's been raining in Oak Ridge off and on throughout the day. Lussier mentioned on the TV show last night that many parts of the field will be covered, but it will still be sloppy tomorrow night. Haven't seen Riverdale but for a few minutes of CSS TV coverage after coming in from a game here but from what I saw, they have speed to burn on both sides of the ball. OR is the same.

A muddy sloppy field negates speed so for folks showing up wanting to see a track meet on Blankenship field, tomorrow night won't be your night from the looks of things now. A sloppy field means that OR must hold onto the ball. Rankin doesn't have his collection of gold footballs for nothing, he is one of the best coaches in the state. He will have them ready to go tomorrow night.

It looks as if Booker's shoulder held up pretty well last week against DB, which is a plus for the Ridgers. Two of the best defenses in the state will show up tomorrow night, so scoring will be at a premium. Riverdale is young, but they have been here before. OR is a veteran club that is hungry.

This could come down to a kicking game, and should that be the case, I like OR's special teams and kicker.

Riverdale 14

Oak Ridge 17

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORWildcat30.

My best friend is on the staff at Coalfield and he ran into your dad at the Jeff Co game on our way down to the seats.

Make sure everyone is ready, Riverdale will bring it. I know we will bring it too. Keep the chinstraps buckled and remember the walk down the steps. This team has represented Oak Ridge and Wildcat football well all season. Win or lose the community is behind you. Good luck tomorrow night.

And to all the Riverdale folks travelling over from Middle Tennessee, have a safe trip over the plateau tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, bye the way...Rankin needs some class

That is obviously a statement from someone who truly doesn't know Gary Rankin. I work with coaches all over TN. Coach Rankin is one of the most humble guys I've had the pleasure to know. Even behind the scenes with his buddies, he is a quite modest guy.

Every father should want his son to play for someone like Coach Rankin.

Guest region4fan

AH, Rankin...you either love him or hate him. But no matter what you think, you have to respect the fact that he took a losing program at Riverdale and turned it into a POWERHOUSE!!

The Oak Ridge faithfull are gearing up and oh so ready for the BIGGEST GAME in Oak Ridge since the Gaddis era. Both teams bring a wealth of tradition, Oak Ridge has the edge with an incredible 50 plus years behind them. Riverdale, much respected, has earned their honor as of late compared to schools who have been around so long.

Bruce Lussier VS Gary Rankin ??

Being the first meeting between the two coaches. It should prove to be very interesting to say the least. Oak Ridge is looking for their first win over Riverdale.

Other posts I have read state the Riverdale players have been here before. I must disagree! None of the players from Riverdale have played at Blankenship Field.

Oak Ridge has won 85% of their play-off games at Blankenship field!

If the Oak Ridge players play their best they should win a very hard fought game. If it comes down to coaching.....

ROLL WILDCATS!! WE WILL See you in uniform next week at the state championship game.

Ah, Rankin.....I do know one thing about the coach and that is about all:

He knows how to win the big ones.

Come less than 24 hours from now, I hope his team goes home having finished the season. Proud but disappointed. This is not against them, a superb program. This is simply because I want Oak Ridge to win tomorrow.

By this time tomorrow...all these posts will mean more or less...mostly less.

Here's to good sports and may the best team win. Go Wildcats!!

God Bless. Dart. Now to get some warm duds together.

I think the game should be a great game. I think the key is gonna be Oak Ridge's ability to pass the football. Riverdale's defense against the running game is unbelieveable. I know Oak Ridge fans will say they have not played a tandem of backs that they possess but Lincoln County had a tailback and running back that I would say are at the very top of their class at their respected positions. I have never seen Oak Ridge play, I have only read about them. Their quarterback better be on and ready to air it out because with the speed this Warrior team has, it will be super hard for Oak Ridge to sustain a drive on the ground. I wish I knew more about this Oak Ridge team, how good their punter is because Thomas can be pretty electrifying if he punts line drives and gives him a chance. My prediction:

Riverdale 20 Oak Ridge 14

Oak Ridge has won 85% of their play-off games at Blankenship field!

Riverdale has won 100% of the playoff games they have played at Blankenship field :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. It should be a great game to watch - fixing to hit I-40 East in about an hour or so.... Hope everyone has a safe trip there - and dress warm and take a blanket - weather channel says it is going to be a little chilly tonight - good football weather :)

I live about 10 miles as the crow flies from Blankenship Field. It's been raining pretty much all day, up until the last hour or so. Even if parts of the field have been covered, as saturated as the ground is, conditions are going to be sloppy, at best. I have a feeling that the passing game from either side will be rendered pretty much ineffective by the conditions.

It could come down to a power against power type game.