To all DB fans

zing17

I hate that this thread and this topic has gone this far. MnMinn County's head coach did shake hands with Coach Clark....he may not have shaken every player's hands, but he did shake the other coach's hand. I think that McMinn County had a lot of class, as did the Indians. As far as the whole punt return incident goes, I was not inside those two players heads, so I don't know if that was intentional, and I will make myself believe that a coach would not encourage something like that, but I think if everyone could handle and forget it just like Steven Moten did, then this thread would have ended a while ago. Granted, there was a lot of trash talking going on here before the game so I can see the hard feelings, but this game ended two weeks ago and it is basketball season in Athens and Kingsport, so why don't everyone be proud of their players and their season, and move on from arguing over points that were blown out of proportion in the first place.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DBHS1, thank you for showing me that DB still has fans with class. I have always been treated respectfully by most DB fans when I have visited Kingsport and when they have visited my home school. However, thanks to some others who have posted on this thread, I though that all of the classy DB fans had left the state. Thanks for correcting me.

No problem zing17,

I think that the both of these situations got blown completely out of proportion by fans of both schools. Its football and things happen in this game, things that should be left on the field. Obviously, the coaches and players from both teams did so, and from now on, hopefully the fans of both Tribes can do the same and give each other the respect they both deserve.

For heavens sake!!! The McMinn Co.-DB game is over. DB won. The Oak Ridge-DB game is over also. DB chocked in the quarter finals as they usually do. It is interesting you talk about the vicious hit made on the DB boy on the punt at the last part of the game. You seem to have forgotten the hit made on the McMinn Co. punt returner in the first quarter and he signaled for a fair catch. DB was rightfully penalized as was the McMinn Co boy who interferred with the non-fair signaling DB punt returner. For a school the size of DB they should be contending for state championships in all sports at least to the semi-final round. However, it is easy to understand why they don't if they listen to their fans on this site. They make them to be invincible. But DB fumbles, throws interceptions and misses tackles just like all football players do. I think it would be great for high school sports for the fans to go to the games, applaude the good plays and root for their home team instead of looking for something to complain about

Let me set the record straight about why this thread was started in the first place. Zing you lied in your first post in this thread. Skunk never said the McMinn coach never shuck hands with Clark. Never said it. You lied about that and you know you did. You wanted to get a rise out of the DB fans so you and your cronies could start this "no class" crap all over again. Do this: Pull the quote down to your next post for all of us to see where Skunk said there was no handshake between head coaches. You can call it having no class if you want, but I want stand by and let you by with this childish crap. Unlike some DB fans, Im not going to kiss-up to a trouble maker.

If you want to see how two schools with class conduct themselves on these threads go to the Oak Ridge-DB thread. Of cource you will find that the only comment's made on that thread that were classless was made by McMinn Co. fan. And that proves my point even futher.

Now where do you want those Pampers sent ?