Moore County Coach

spanarkle

( Ding, Dang, Dong, he is gone) :rolleyes: Personaly, I do not think the guy from Ezel would be interested; I mean now he can not recruit from Metro Moore County. The new coach will more than likely come from with in the school system. I hear Ricky Rice is wanting the job. He would be a good fit. Colquit is my second choice from Grundy. Since there are not many openings and coaches resigning just to teach, it makes it hard to hire a good coach and a staff. Mac could care less about coming back, I mean he has bigger fish to fry. If one of these men get the job, they would more than likely put in the option. Both men excell at this offense. I am not sure the coaches even know how the wing- t works, let alone some of the fans.

Sinjin, before you shootoff at me, give me a call on the phone and tell me who you are.( Whats that you told me, be a man) The number is in the book, or you could pay my plus membership. Since I am a poor ole college student who can not afford membership, I mean tution and books come first. ( No my dad want pay) .

Edited by BURLEY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blueboy, you got what you wanted. With all your football knowledge who do you think would be a good fit for the boys in blue.

Me, I am not sure who could bring in a new system that the fence walkers would understand. All they know is the wing-t. Do they hire someone who runs the wing-t? I am not sure anyone knows right now. The board and administration will have to look for someone who they could fit into the academic schedule as a teacher. All the No Child left behind stuff being implemented it would be hard to shuffle the existing teachers. Not sure of all the rules on that. Someone told me the only teaching position open would be for junior high science to take Sisk's place who resigned last month.

PowerSoftball, Your board member is doing a lot of talking, who else has applied and what are they certified to teach.

I think when all the applications come in that our school board will make the best decision based on the info that they will have. I think it would be best to start over with a complete new staff. New blood is what the Raiders need. I figure Coach Montoye who is a assistant now will try hard for the job. He is good friends with the Supertendent of schools. Coach Christian another assistant might apply but I don't think that he would get the job. I believe that Moore County will get a good coach. School officials want to get all this behind them as quickly as they can. i've got my fingers crossed, I really want a winner that we can all get behind and get Moore County football back to the top 10 level that we were before. :rolleyes:

Blueboy, I think a coach from the outside would be a good idea. Burley wants Rice or Colquit with the option. I think they are both veer guys but not sure. That would not go over well. I think Smith sent applications to every available job in the state, so he is more than likely out. I am doing a lot of thinking here and it is hurting my head. I guess I would like to see some experienced assistant from a 5A school get the job.

Who knows, mybe ELA will apply. He runs the spread offense. Soph QB next year can run and throw the ball.

Edited by sinjin

Hate to see Price go. He always seemed like a nice man and was very friendly. I think Rice would be a good fit. He was previously in the region and learned a lot from coaching against Mac and Moffett. Rice would probablyu be able to set down with Mac and get some pointers on the Wing-t if he needed to but I think he prefers the veer. He would need a defensive coordinator though.

Bob, this is not the NFL or college where a new coach can bring in a new staff. High School coaches generally have to work with the coaches that are there. Our Director of Schools is so tight with a dollar so whoever gets the job will have to keep the current assistants, unless they leave.

Edited by sinjin

i guess burley got what he wanted. i am sure that he is enjoying the fact that price has made a painful decision. and for the record, if you were really D1 as you say you would have been more vigorously pursued. most D1 prospects have everything in place academically( ACT, coursework, ...). in this day and age, colleges won't recruit players if there is a good chance they won't pan out academically. however, i do wish you the best of luck in college, and don't be surprised if your perspective doesn't change.