#1 Junior in Tennessee

realdeal02

To Opperman- Ok I feel like once again someone is whining about their favorite basketball player getting less attention than T-Smith. Does it ever occur to you why? I'm not tring to dog on your boy or even say that Prince isn't a great player, but if you've only seen him and not Tyler, the Delk twins, Gordon, then how can you complain? You really don't know. I don't know exactly how good Prince is but I'm not disrespecting him. Don't disrespect Tyler. He's worked for his respect. Let Prince do the same. Put his name on here more. He'll start to get more respect that way too.

For the record, I've never even met J.P. Prince, I don't see White Station a ton. But he is really that good. And note, I didn't say he's better than Smith, I can't say that until I see Tyler. But I stand by my statement that J.P. is an awesome player.

I'm not whining that JP isn't getting attention...if I was whining about my guy not getting much attention, it'd be Jaycen Herring of Bartlett, not JP. You might want to read what I was responding to.

KRogers said, "As for Prince being better than Smith, Gordon, & Brewer, that is ridiculous. If he was that good, someone would have mentioned so by now...don't ya think."

Of course, someone HAS been mentioning how good JP is: gomab. I have been, too, for that matter. But krogers doesn't post on anything outside Giles County. Sure, I don't post on much outside Shelby County, but Shelby has more teams and more talent.

Rogers is unusual...he's actually been fairly reasonable about Giles this year, warning people that they were going to get beat soon if they didn't straighten their act. But when they did, he started making excuses, basically saying the team that beat them is better than anybody they'd see, when, of course, the team gomab ranked #1 and I've said since mid-July would win the state won the tournament.

And finally, remember...there's not that many people from Memphis who post on here; to my knowledge, there's no regular poster who follows White Station. We might as well have a sub-board just for Giles fans to celebrate themselves...of course Smith will get mentioned more on this board. Perry Powell and Montrelle Crittenden, among others, got more pub than a lot of better players previously because Dyer County talked a lot. Heck, Jajuan Smith has a multi-page thread going right now, but I guarantee there's better players out there who aren't talked about as much because of the difference in fan support. Keep that in mind before you say someone else isn't that good because you don't hear about him.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Opperman, I was wrong about the tournament in Alabama. The Murrah team is however, the better than any team GC will face in their regular season...no doubt. As for me not posting on any teams outside of Giles County, I do keep up with the teams that matter. White Station, Ridgeway, Bolivar (Willie Kemp especially), & Raleigh Egypt. I don't post on them, because all I know is what I read in the papers and we all know how misleading papers can be. I mean the local paper in Giles County would say after the GC vs. Columbia game, Tyler Smith dominated the game and led Giles County to the victory...he had 17 pts and is ranked in the top 5 or 10 nationally...he should be scoring 25 or 30. I have not had the chance to see many of these outstanding juniors play. I guess I failed to remember that Prince plays on the ever so balanced White Station team, where no one gets all of the hype...instead, the whole team gets the recognition.

I also know that if GC doesn't get their act together, the Gold Ball will leave GC. In order for them to beat teams like Bolivar & Raleigh Egypt, they have to play 32 minutes of non-stop basketball...something they have yet to do. Tyler Smith (my pick for #1 junior) must play like he is the best the whole game....all eyes are on him whether we want to admit it or not. He has to have a big night every night.

Edited by krogers

Jamont Gordon is far the best junior probably the best in the state he averages

37 ppg, 13 rpg, 6 apg, and about 4 stl the kid is far out the best he hit 43 and 38 against Whites Creek, 42 against Stratford, 35 and 24 against Maplewood. Jamont Gordon Mr. Basketball 12-AAA or Henry Harris- Stratford.