Tennessee's Division 1-A Prospects

JimmyCash

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Van Horn going next year? I've heard some good things about him, but can't find him in any of the recruitiong databases.

itzme, no idea where he will go but somewhere big, probably sec. he has all the tools to be a great player in d-1 well just have to see, dont worry you will see him play on saturdays the nest few years

They told the Bullocks twins from Hixson that they wouldn't take both of them, just Daniel Bullocks..and the one they thought wasn't good enough to play for them, Josh Bullocks, is leading 1-A in interceptions as a sophomore safety at Nebraska (10). They got in too late on Notre Dame receiver Adarious Bowman after out-of-state schools like North Carolina were already contacting him.

I am a huge fan of recruiting and thought I would share this information to you guys. Tennessee produces alot of Athletes and it's a shame it's own state school in UT-K doesn't even recruit it. I am glad to see Vandy take interest in TN players. It would really help them. Sorry I left off A few like Stevens and Van Horne. My Fault. That being said, Does Stevens have a list or offers, and has Vandy offered any more of these guys and are any close to commiting. Thanks guys for all of your replies.

Did you guys know that Tennessee counting walk-ons has more players from the state of Tennessee than any other?

Here is a post I put on another thread about UT recruiting in Tennessee!

If the University of Tennessee recruited just players from Tennessee they would be battling Kentucky & Vandy every year for last place in the SEC East forget about BCS bowls, forget about being on TV every week did you know that out of 12 games this season 6 of those were on National TV and 10 regional games on TV with 2 more on PayPer View thats not including a New Years Day Bowl game!

I am looking at the UT Media Guide as I type this UT has including walk-ons (47) players from the state of Tennessee! The next highest is a tie between Georgia & North Carolina with (9). You could make it (48) but they list Jason Hall who played at McCallie in Chattanooga from Marettia,Ga

Tennessee selects what players they want to recruit out of the this state! Tennessee High Schools don't face the same competion as they do in states like California, Florida or Texas.

The University of Tennessee is one of about a dozen schools who can get players to sign with them from any where on earth they have one player on roster from Hawaii another from both Germany & Canada in the past they have had players from Alaska as well. Tennessee has to recruit players like this if they want to have SEC and National Championships and stay in the Top 10-15 in the country every year!

This year Tennessee is going after the few players in the state that can play Div. 1A level college football!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a list of the commitments Tennessee has so for! They all ready have (4) players commited from the state of Tennessee & (2) originally from Hawaii.

DT ... Jesse Mahelona (Orange Coast (Calif.) College) Kailua, Hawaii

S ... Sinclair Cannon (Greer HS) Greer, (SC)

OT ... Albert Toeaina (City College of Francisco) San Francisco, (CA)

OL ... Ramon Foster (Ripley HS) Ripley, (TN)

TE ... Chris Brown (Jesuit HS) New Orleans, (LA)

S ... Ellix Wilson (Melrose HS) Memphis, (TN)

CB ... Jonathan Hefney (Hargrave Military Acad.) Chatham, (VA)

S ... Ryan Karl (Battle Ground Academy) Franklin, (TN)

DT ... Demonte Bolden (Tyner HS) Chattanooga, (TN)

They are also in on several other in state players like the ones listed below

OL ...Greg Smith

FB ...David Holbert

RB ...Lavonte Barber

perhaps more??

I'll start with the QB's.

QuarterBacks

Offered

David Wolke /Smyrna

Will Hudgens /Ridgeway

Antonio Heffner /Melrose

Could be Offered

Jared Elliot / Page

Jamison Link /Gallatin

Micheal Edminson /Lincoln County

Running Backs

Offered

David Holbert /Brentwood Academy

Levonte Barber /Cleavland

Carlos Dixon /Germantown

Joseph Doss /Melrose

Cassen Jackson /Central / VANDY COMMIT

Could be offered

Rod Smith /Milan

Mike Davenport /Central

Scooter Houston /Jefferson County

Calvin Bryant /Hillsboro

Stevie Buckner /Cookeville

Corey Booker /Oak Ridge

Wide Receivers

Offered

Corey Kizer /Melrose

Carlos Armour /Melrose/ MIAMI COMMIT

Could be offered

Kevyn Murray /Franklin Co.

Adrian Banks /Trezevant

Tight Ends

Offered

Tam Santi /MBA/ UVA COMMIT

Offensive Lineman

Offered

Ramon Foster /Ripley/ UT-Knoxville COMMIT

Benjamin Whitt /Boyd-Buchanon

Ryan Maxwell /South side

Could be offered

Shane Canterbury /Pigeon Forge

Paul Tidwell /Whitwell

Chris McConnell /Smith County

Defensive Tackles

Offered

Brandon Fanney /Morristown West

Greg Smith /Tyner

Demarcus Bradley /Springfeild/ VANDY COMMIT

Corey Mills /Christian Brothers

Jeremy Gales /Spring Hill/ VANDY COMMIT

Demonte Bloden /Tyner/ UT-K COMMIT

Lamar Divens /Lincoln County

Could be Offered

Stephen Davis /East

Defensive Ends

Offered

K.T. Maynord /Grundy County

Walter Fisher /Hillsboro

Linebackers

Offered

Jeff Jennings /Jefferson Co./ VANDY COMMIT

Brian Flagg /Ripley

Could be offered

Cortez Mack /Ridgeway

Defensive Backs

Offered

Elix Wilson /Melrose/ UT-K COMMIT

Ryan Karl /BGA / UT-K COMMIT

Maurice Smith /McMinn

Wilford Blowe /Hixson

Earnest Williams /Crockette County

Could be offered

Brandon Patterson /Germantown

Justin Merritt /Hillsboro

James Pryor /Franklin Co.

Kickers

Could be offered

Kitrell Smith /Macon Co./ Vandy showing heavy interest

If you would like to add a player go ahead. If you know anything about who a player is considering please go ahead.

Hoe could you leave Demarcus (Moo-Moo) Stevens off of this list? He is in the top ten players in tennessee