Maryville

crkjon

I went to unapproved website.com and i went to one of their national rankings site the other day and, being the maryville fan i am, went to see where maryville was ranked. Well first i went to the top 100 nationally, MHS didnt show up, so they had a state rankings, and i looked under the top 10, still no MHS, looked top 25, still no MHS.....then i found MHS, number 26 in the state of TN!!! not nationally, but the state! Then, i found out that i cant even find where we are out in the nation because the rankings system only goes to the top 1000 in the nation, which maryville was NOT on. I am not saying that maryville is good enough to be in the top 100 or even the top 10 in the state, BUT i dont care how good a team is, if you have won somehwere around 40 games straight and are in the semi's again, that deserves some respect and i am not quite sure how other states can hear about maryville other than everything they are doing right now....winning. And i know that this is just 1 ranking site, BUT this is a catchy trend for most others, i think that a prep power poll for TN had MHS at num 16 before going into the plaoffs. and once again....I am not saying that MHS is one of the best playing teams in the state, just we deserve the respect of one of the best teams in the state......go rebs

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what I've been saying for years now. All these so called National High School polls are a complete joke! There is no way you can rank High Schools in a national poll and even be close. It is so funny to see some of the threads started about these polls, as if they are the gospel. Most of these posters seem to be intelligent people. I just can't figure why they put any faith in these polls. I mean when you stop and think about it, its a no brainer.

WAco :o jaCO

Louisville Trinity was ranked fourth in USAToday's preseason poll. Then lost its first four games.

In girls basketball, Shelbyville Central ranked #1 in the Nation by USAToday & Oak Ridge also in the top 25, lost their opening games to unranked teams.

Just 2 examples out of thouands that point to the fact that Natonal High School polls are a complete waste of time.

I can't believe I just wasted my time even pointing this out.

waCO :justwrestle: JAco

So are you saying that sinceAuburn was preseason #1 in the country and is now 6-4, that ESPN and USAToday have absolutely no idea what they are doing? A pre-season poll is just that, an estimated poll of teams before the season starts. Currently, you will not see Trinity anywhere in the top 25. Thats why polls are updated weekly. As far as the order is concerned, its anybody's guess, but I think that in general the teams ranked in the top 25 deserve to be there.

Edited by Redtwin

Yeah, Maryville is awesome and should be up there but it doesn't really matter as long as they bring home that gold ball. Gosh...Murvull seniors, what the heck is that like thinking "We won state all four years I was on the team" Wow

Good luck Rebels

Too bad this isn't college....I'd love to get Maryville in a bowl game

Redtwine, I guess you know how many high schools there are in America. Can't be compaired to College polls. It would take years to just collect all the data from one season. All these polls pick from a certin group of high school teams (around 100-150 teams). These teams are all "high profile" teams. The polls that rank up to #1000 usually have pretty close to the same top 50, then throw everybody else in depending on records. Im not sure if the Government, as big as they are, would have the staff to bring together all the data it would take to build a accurate poll for High School Football. It's hard for me to believe theres not another team in America that can beat DeLaSalle. As for as I know, they've never played a team in Florida, Texas or New Jersey.