Giles County Lady Bobcats

sds2004

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daisyduke &sds2004, I feel like the girls get plenty of support, just not in the same form as the boys'! If you haven't noticed, it is extremely hard to get excited at a girls game, unless it is close i.e. the Spring Hill game. You can watch a college girls game and the watch a college boys game and you'll see two totally different student sections! Lawrenceburg was hype for their girls because they're a state tournament team, and have earned fans that are there only to watch the girls. I agree that the Giles County girls are going to have to earn the respect that the boys have earned for them to be treated like the boys. Also, "i didn't see the girls miss a dunk against Lawrenceburg"??? I didn't see the girls win against Lawrenceburg! Don't get me wrong! I'll support Giles County girls basketball as much as the next fan, but don't get on here bashing the boys in order to support the girls. Thats hypocritical, in my opinion. As for the number of trophies in the lobby, I mean why don't you take it a little farther and talk about Shiela Frost. Don't live in the past! These message boards are here to talk about what's going on right now, and if i check the girls haven't done what the boys did since the 80's!

I'm going to get excited at the girls' games, just like i am at the boys' , but i'm not going to go nuts for a lay-up! Ya know!

As for Tyler not being #1 in the state, why don't you just take a little trip over to the boys' message board so that i can bash you!

DaisyDuke you just got BURNED! I'm a student at Giles county and I agree that the girls don't get much support, but willyp is 110 percent correct. I can't even add anything he got it so good! I'll be there tomorrow night supporting ya'll, but I'm not gonna start screaming all by myself. Hope ya'll bring home the gold ball.

WILLYP, WILLYP! Well, I don't feel like I deserve criticism for supporting my high school girl's basketball team. I said in an earlier post that I admittedly support the guys more than the girls, so how do you get off bashing me. I know that daisyduke shouldn't said what she said. But she did. You shouldn't aim these comments towards me because of her. And as far as all those calling me a "hater" in lunch today (#10) get your user names straight. I am a die hard Bobcat fan, both for the girls and boys. And I am sure many will testify to this. And to you GCHS05, I will scream for the girls with you tomorrow night. So you won't be alone. That is all!

Edited by sds2004

WillyP, I didn't mean for my statement about the guys to get everyone's panties in a bunch but obviously it did. I'm sorry that I said what I did and want to apologize to anyone, especially the guys team, if I offended them in any way. My deal with saying that though was that the guys game wasn't anymore interesting than the girls game was that night b/c of the missed dunks. And I do realize that the girls lost, so don't go on here bashing the girls now. But the guys really made up for their not so spectacular performance in their next game against SH and I'm proud of them. They looked how they are supposed to. Like a bunch of State Champions competeting for the title again. I fully support the guys and absolutely love to watch them play. I also would pick to watch the guys play over the girls, b/c their game is more exciting. But, I'm not gonna sit here and let the girls team get no respect b/c they didn't go to state last year. That has nothing to do with it. This is a brand new year and the girls have a brand new coach. Give them a chance, and a little support, and the fans may be finding themselves up in the stands at two state tournaments this year which would be so awesome in my opinion. But of course that's my opinion. This is daisyduke, signing out, and my case is closed.

sds2004 and daisyduke, I think it is great that ya'll are standing up for what you believe in. There are people in this world that are always gonna be complaining. Ingnore them. The girls team deserves just as much respect as the guys do. They work just as hard and on top of that they are representing the same school as the guys. They both should fully be supported. (NO MATTER WHAT!!!!)

I would like to echo the thoughts of jnt79, thanks for your support of Giles Co. Lady Bobcats, sds2004 & daisyduke. As for willyp6, you need to confine your bashing to the boys' board and defend Tyler over there. daisyduke, I enjoy reading your posts here and hope that you have not signed out permamently. Keep up the posts, sds2004 & daisyduke, and all you Giles Co. people need to work together and not fight among yourselves. Your energy should be directed towards your opponents and not each other. Good luck to both Giles' teams, girls & boys, against Columbia tonight.

Daisyduke, I feel like I have expressed quite clearly that I am in full support of the girls basketball team! I would love nothing more than to see Giles County have the two best teams in the state of Tennessee. However, my point is, that for the girls to recieve as much attention as the boys, they are going to have to earn respect just like the boys did! I can remember a time when everyone would come to watch the girls play and then leave for the boys, and yet you never saw anyone complaining! They just worked to earn respect. I realize that you work hard everyday to win, but until you put up some respectable wins and return into contention, don't expect to recieve as much attention as a State championship calibur team that puts on an And1 show every time they step out on the court!

Pageman, I'm pretty sure that I told that user to go to the boys' message boards so that I could defend the best player in this state there. It was he who got on this board with no other intent than to bash Tyler, having nothing to add to the actual topic. So, maybe you should talk to him.

I actually look for our girls to surprise a lot of teams this year! The win at Spring Hill was huge, in that they were a very good team. I look for our girls to come out firing against Columbia, and when Coach Hannah figures out the best combination of players, Giles will win a lot of games.

I don't ever talk to willyp because I don't sit on the front row with the BM, and I don't have any classes with him, but I've got to agree with everything he's been saying. I mean seriously how has he been disrespectful to the GCHS Lady Cats? Last time I checked telling the truth was more respectful than pretending that you can get hype in the girls game like you can on the boys game! Get real! I cheered for our Lady Cats at appropriate times like I said I would, and that was more than some did. willyp said it right the first time and I'm backin him up on it. The girls get the respect they deserve and I think that some people need to realize that. It is impossible to actually get as hyped up on a lay-up as a dunk! Don't get on here and contend with the simple fact that the boys game is more exciting because you have already admitted to that!!!!! If the fans have actually betrayed their Lady Cats then show us where. Don't get on here and talk about respect when it doesn't need to be addressed. We pay respect where respect is due, and don't you think that the boys deserve some respect for bringing home the Gold Ball? Please realize that PageMan is correct in saying that we need to stop arguing and stand together as Bobcats. He was right about that and I feel that we need to follow that advice and accept the simple truth that we aren't unfaithful to the Lady Cats. Go Cats.

When one minute was left on the clock, the fans had the gall to chant "One more minute." I understand being hyped about the guys game, but come on, they were still playing. I was even told as the fans came down after the girls' game to line up for the guys to run out, that some of the ballplayers were actually pushed out of the way.

Willyp is right in some aspects, I'll give him that. But the respect issue obviously did need addressing. At the game against LCHS, there was no respect shown to the girls. This is all I am saying. I haven't heard anyone chanting "One more minute." So, maybe everyone realized that it could be taken wrong by the girls. I don't know. All I know is that we have all said what needs to be said, and we all have our own opinions, and I think we should all have enough respect for each other to stop all this arguing...back and forth, back and forth. No one seems to agree. So I believe that this case is closed. Everyone knows how everyone else feels. So, for the last time, THAT IS ALL!