Giles County SHOCKED

wneely

Giles County's mens basketball had their 29 game win streak (according to CoachT's scheduling) halted Thursday night in Huntsville, Alabama at the hands of Murrah, Mississippi.

Giles County gave their usual 50% effort, and tonight it came back and bit them in the butt. Tyler hit two straight three's to start the game, and finished with like 25 points.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. A good omen, though, is that GCHS lost to Bob Jones HS last year around this time, and after their loss to Columbia, began the impressive win streak. Maybe it will be time to start another streak tomorrow.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its like Ive said all along....those guys have talent oozing from their pores. The only thing that will beat them this year will their attitudes and theyre effort. If all they gave was 50% tonight, then that is not a good sign at all. They are really going to have to pick it up the rest of the season. I love watching these guys play, but I was more than dissapointed tuesday when they played LC. They really need to step it up and play to the best of their abilities. I have seen these guys at their best, and I feel confident saying that no one in the state can compete when these uys give it their all. I just hope they learn from this and move onward towards greatness in the season.

TO BE HONEST I REALLY DONT CALL THIS A SHOCK, ITS A WAKE UP CALL!!

THERRE WERE BRIGHT SPOTS FOR GCHS. SHAY AND TYLER PERFORMED AT THE LEVEL THAT IS EXPECTED OF THEM. HOWEVER,THERE WAS A LACK OF REBOUNDS AND REALLY NO DEFENSE. TSMITH SHOWED THAT HE CAN HIT THE THREE AND SHAY PLAYED LIKE THE PLAYER THAT WE EXPECTED HIM TO PLAY. ZACK HAS HELP US OUT A LOT. NOW WE NEED TO GEL AS A TEAM. CASE CLOSE

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIP, OFFENSE PUT THE FANS IN THE STANDS

I thought Giles County played pretty well last night. They got a little sloppy down the stretch and allowed Murrah to bury the three ball. If it hadn't been for the stretch where #45 buried the 3 straight 3's, GC would have won the game, but like Tcross said, this is a wakeup call. I think that probably got there full attention last night. Does anyone have any details on that Murrah team. They were very disciplined and they shot the ball very well. Anyway, if Giles gives the effort they gave in the first half (2nd qtr mostly) no one in the regular season will come close to them.

This comes as a no shock to me at all.If they played as they did Tuesday night I am not the least bit surprise.Let me ask everyone who reads this.If you had all the talent that GCHS has would you play only 50% effort or would you try your best to bet the heck out of the other team?I know I would try my best to bet the other team instead of this 50% crap.I know and so did everyone else that this streetball stuff not going to work for GCHS the rest of this year.

tcross, this will serve as a game to learn from. Murrah was very sound fundamentally. It was weird, Giles Co was winning by like 6 and then just out of nowhere, the lead switchedto Murrah for the last two minutes.

Oh well, GCHS has some more tourney games, and then a game against Spring Hill before the big daddy...the home opener against Columbia.

I ASSURE you that GCHS will be a totally different ball team when they play Columbia next friday.

I was at the game and Giles County did not impress me too much. They do have a lot of talent, yes. But they were outcoached and outplayed in the second half. They did not run any offense in the second half at all. They can shoot yes, but there was 30 seconds left and they were down by 6 and were seriously putting up 35 footers. Murrah was a very good team though. Also, Tyler Smith got dunked over by a 6 foot 3 kid. It was very nice if I must say. But best of luck to Giles, I think it will be good for them. Wake them up, make them realize last year is over and they have all the talent to do it again, but they have to start all over.

Giles Co. came out shooting lights out. It was a joke. Shay Shannon hit a ton of 3's the 1st half...then maybe 1 the 2nd half w/ 20 seconds to go in the 4th. They didn't play hard at all, even at the end when they needed to foul. They were walking up to the ball which wasted time. Tyler did play well...on offense. The whole Giles Co. team would not rebound. Murrah got a ton of offensive rebounds they shouldn't of had. Tyler Smith and the other big guy they have should of dominated the boards but they just sat back and looked to block shots which only got them fouls. Another thing, Giles Co. isn't going to win state again this year if they don't delevop a bench. They played 6 players the whole time. I don't think Tyler or Shay ever came out and you could tell in the 4th quarter that they were tired cause they were basically loafing around. They either need to get in better shape or find someone who can come off the bench and give them 45 seconds to a minutes rest every once in a while.

Does anybody think that maybe Tristen not being there to rebound this year is going to hurt Giles County more than we thought? And not having a leader on the floor like Eric hurts in the close games at the end when you need someone like that running the show. Who's going to step up and be the leader this year? Tyler is great but don't seem to be the leader on the floor that we need.

Gobama and Mreverything are right. Giles County is definately going to miss Tristen in the paint. The kid could get rebounds like it was nobody's business. As for the bench...Coach Holt should definately take the rest of this tournament and let his younger players get some action. Derron Garrett is a pretty good guard with good ups. From my understanding, he can shoot pretty good. One things for sure, this isn't the same team as last year, but they do have talent and spunk, it is just a matter of putting it to good use and bringing the gold ball home once again.

Which team was better.....gchs or the other one?(not sure who and am to lazy to go back and look)Does giles play to there competition?what i mean is do the come out and can hang and beat great teams and then play the next night against someone like stewart county and almost get beat?? It seems to me that giles thought that since they had most evryone returning that the gold ball was there's already. Bet the miss tristan more than they ever thought they were going to.Was last years coach better or is this years coach better?? Just a few questions.

Alfred Nubudy