Boyd Dca

bucsfan

This post is on another thread:

"It's a shame Fayette don't kick extras because that cost them the game.

DCA definitely has depth. They didn't have their best player and their main man in this game was knocked out of it in the 4th quarter but they still drove the length of the field and scored.

The problem is this: Whom are they going to go to next week? Dace's 1st and 2nd string RB is out. They will have to rely on defense and scrap for all they get on offense."

(Note this is a quote… so I did not correct the spelling)

If this is true, they may have a tough time scoring on the BBS defense. However, their defense had four shutouts in the regular season. It looks like it could come down to special teams and turnovers. BBS has played very good on special teams all year. Does anybody know about DCA's special team play?

Despite supporting DCA, I think Boyd wins because DCA's bread-and-butter running game is injured. Both Wooden and Meacham are out. Boyd's Peardon will carry their offense. Its a shame because this would be a great game if Wooden and Meacham were healthy.

That was MY quote up there. And DCA has good special teams and have a great turnover ratio but I still think they lose. I hate to sound pessimistic but at least im not being dilusional.

Edited by unbiasedspectator

unbiasedspectator, Looks like you are true to your screen name. :lol:

Are your number 1 and 2 tailbacks out for sure or are they just injured?

Matt Peardon seems to still be having problems with his injury from the first South Pittsburg game. I know that sounds stupid to say after he just gained 320 yards in a game. However, in the second and third quarters he was stretching it and trying to stay loose. So, it does not look like he was 100%.

Here is some more comparison to think about.

CPA .vs DCA CPA won by 21 in the regular season and lost by 8 in the play-offs.

CPA lost to Goodpasture 26 - 0 BBS lost to Goodpasture 26 - 12 (This would imply that the BBS offense is a little better than CPA's and the defense is about the same.)

The CPA Goodpasture game was the first game for both teams. BBS played Goodpasture in the middle of the season. (For what that is worth.)

Based on this it looks like it will be a great game!

Congratulations to the two best teams in 1A this year!

Is Peardon a Senior or Junior?

And by the way, Wooden may get some carries if they need him( and they WILL), but he is nowhere near healthy. He has a torn MCL.

And about that CPA- Goodpasture game, that is deceptive because CPA didn't have their best player, RB Luke Landers, and their best WR was their QB at that time and was having trouble. Thus, their offense was hampered.

Edited by unbiasedspectator

Many weeks ago, I predicted CPA or DCA vs Boyd or SP. No big deal, but they were the best 4 teams this year. As far as using the CPA - Goodpasture game and Boyd - Goodpasture game as a comparison, you can't. CPA was a totally different team then with a different QB and without their starting RB, Landers, and Mr. Football candidate, Will Hooper.

CPA and DCA are the only teams that could be Boyd this year. CPA blew it with too many mistakes at DCA and DCA will have a tough time w/o Wooden and Meacham. I pick Boyd - their tough loss to CPA last year will help them.

Edited by divepix

Yeah. Lipscomb beat Goodpasture. Lipscomb also beat Ezell by 14. CPA beat them 53-14! This would indicate CPA is 4 TD better than Lipscomb using your logic!

:lol:

No, Im just saying you can never tell.

Of course… They may be 4 TD's better… :D

Boyd Buchanan is the only team to beat Lipscomb is the last two years.

I know the comparison is flawed. It is just the only one I saw looking at it tonight.

Just a thought, Smithke, were you there? Not a slam, but dude it was cold! Anyone in their right mind would want to stay stretched and try to stay as loose as possible in that weather. I just think the weather might have had something to do with the way he was running. Just my opinion.

I thought Peardon had a great game. I thought the line play was extremely critical on both sides of the ball tonight. They opened some big holes for him. One of the things I've noticed about him is his vision is so good. He can see a hole open and then glide through the whole, much the same as a Walter Payton or Gayle Sayers. Not saying that Peardon is in the same league as these greats right now, but he does have that fluidity. It was dog cold out there tonight, though. Believe me, every time somebody got hit, you could feel it.

Looking forward to a great game next week!

And, by the way, thanks for making this thread of the BBS-DCA game next week a thread that actually talks about the GAME, not just a bunch of people talking smack.

BucBandwagon