Covington vs. Fulton

PiGeOnS4LiFe

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

The big advantage Fulton has is that alot of the guys playing this year, played in this game last year. These guys will tell you if your not completely focused the game takes on a life of its own, and you go thru the game in a sort of out of body experience. Covington will have to fight that, Fulton won't. Fulton played their worst game of the season in the final last year, and I think they will play their best game of the season this year in the final. I don't think Fulton was as good as AC or AE this year, but because of their loss in the final last year they were more hungry and more focused from players to coaches this year. I see the falcons pulling away in the second half of this game, and winning by three TD's.

Your right on most of that Mav. AE could have just as easily won that playoff game as Fulton did....we just came up with 6 at the right time. I don't agree that AC was better....but everyone has their opinins. Fulton had ALOT to prove and they have! We were and ARE alot better than people gave and give us credit for. We got off to a slow start....but by week 3 or 4....we were clicking.....and the rest is history.

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!! Practice Hard....SLEEP MUCH!!! Haha!!!

GO FALCONS!!!

Don't beat yourselves!!! Play FALCON ball Saturday...and you'll get what you're after!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i hope Covington wins this one. They had a chance a few years back and Portland took it to them. They play great team ball and have great coaches. This goes to Coach London from Covington: All of those years coaching with Ridgeway and you never got this chance, so get your boys ready. Fulton is good, but just take it to them. Play your game and go take one for West Tennessee.]

They are going to take one all right. The question is how bad.

I think Covington wins this one because Covington has to much speed and strength thier defense is real good they have a good pass defense and can shut down the run game of the other team, and our offense is good we have alot of speed in the back feild and on the line....not many teams have players that can run a 4.3 in the 40 and we have a few that can do that....and on our line our fastest lineman runs a 4.8 in the 40 and a couple others that run 5.0 in the 40....and they also have strength and our defense is very strong also with dyson our DE power cleaning 350, benching about 330, and randle one of our DT power cleans 315, and a little more than half of the team power cleans 275 or more......

ChargerFan03,

We've gone ahead and cancelled the game, the Trophy is in the mail. The game is played ON THE FIELD not on CoachT, not on paper. The team that makes the least mistakes and is disciplined will win. If you think ya'll can win just by showing up then you are mistaken. Both teams better come to play if not a spanking could happen.

I think Covington wins this one because Covington has to much speed and strength thier defense is real good they have a good pass defense and can shut down the run game of the other team, and our offense is good we have alot of speed in the back feild and on the line....not many teams have players that can run a 4.3 in the 40 and we have a few that can do that....and on our line our fastest lineman runs a 4.8 in the 40 and a couple others that run 5.0 in the 40....and they also have strength and our defense is very strong also with dyson our DE power cleaning 350, benching about 330, and randle one of our DT power cleans 315, and a little more than half of the team power cleans 275 or more......

I believe about... ... ... Zero percent of what you said. 4.3's in the 40. Come on. Most high school football teams don't time the 40. The only way you would know how fast they are is if they ran track. Even if they were timed a 4.3 is crazy fast. If they were that fast and that strong they could go straight to the NFL after this season. Your obviuos stretching of the truth discredits all of the strength and speed stats you gave, even though some of the weight lifting marks are not unusual in high school.

Hey tsmoke, I don't think that he's lying. Covington has one of the best offseason programs in the state. There are plenty of teams with players running a 4.4 or better. Ridgeway had a couple last year, one being Prince Cameron the running back, and look what he did to Fulton. I'm telling you guys from Fulton, watch out for Covington, they may have lost some games, but they're starting to come together as a team and are going to be very difficult to beat.

We know good and well that Covington isn't gonna be easy to roll over. We just know that our boys can Take Care of Business, that's all. And, Covington, don't count us out either. We've ot boys that can run just as fast as yours do. WE READY! I am really gettin' sick of people talking about how much smack we talk. We are just supporting our team and stating facts. And, it doesn't matter what we say because we are just fans and our boys are gonna talk for themselves come Saturday. Quit raggin' on us....we are just showing our confidence in our boys! They are gonna go to the 'boro with everything they've got and they won't let ANYBODY take what's theirs. They left their gold ball and rings at MTSU and are ready to pick up their prize. CONGRATS TO THE FALCONS THUS FAR.......CONTINUE TO AMAZE US BOYS!

WE AIN'T NEVER SCARED!

It is my understanding that these two teams have a similar Football Championship History. Both teams have played in two Championships a piece and lost both times. And both teams made the finals in the early 70s and early 2000s:

Fulton-

2002 Class 3A Team Runner-Up (14-21)

1974 Class AAA Team Runner-Up (28-29)

Covington-

2000 Class 3A Team Runner-Up (0-43)

1971 Class AAA Team Runner-Up (0-52)

Go Falcons...Bring Home the Hardware!!!!!!!!!!!!

TSmoke....Fulton's boys are timed running the 40. Many of our players run 4.4 and 4.5. We're a very quick team and a very defensive team too Covington! So don't count us out just yet. 0 points were scored by our Semifinal opponent Macon county. That speaks volumes about our D. Semifinal teams aent' supposed ot eb shutout like that!

GO FALCONS!