Mo West/Maryville Updates

iamoz

Congrats on a great season MHS. You all fought a hard game and Mo West captilized on 2 of your 6 mistake and that was the game. Way to fight back though. Seniors you have had an excellent career at MHS. I mean look at what you all did: a 39 game win streak, 3 straight state championships, played 59 games in 4 years, Only lost to 1 team in two years, plus numerous other accomplishments. Hang your heads high seniors and congras on another great yearf!.....Go Rebs!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If "boxers09" can't let off a little steam after all the pages and pages of how Maryville was unbeatable and what was it, 96% thought West would lose, that's just too bad. If you want know about trash talking, go read your own posts for the last two weeks. I for one thought it was a great game on both sides and all that were there were treated to a real experience. Our Defense played lights out and our offense got the job done when it needed to. The 12th man showed up and was heard! Thanks Swain County for your support! Where's the best place to stay in Murpheesboro?

the 12th man showed up???? i hope you were not referring to the crowd. 1 hour before the game started, the MHS bleachers were packed! There were fans that had to go over to west's side just to get a seat. Mo West at the start of the game had tons of empty bleachers on their side. There student section had something like 20 kids or so in it. I am not sure what you meant by this 12th man. Great season rebs and good luck trojans in "the burro".....go rebs

First let me say that Maryville is a class act. They are well coached and have great kids and fans. But I have to disagree with some of the Reb fans, I don't think that they played bad, I think they just ran into a team that was better today and that made them look like they had a bad game. I have to say from the home side Maryville played hard from the get go and the took advantage of the mistakes West made and made a great come back. It was one of those games where you feel for the other team......What makes this such a great win for West is that they beat a great football team.

Congratulations Maryville on a great season after losing 18 starters from last years team. Most of the coaches felt this would be somewhat of a "down" year but the next three or four years we would be hard to beat. Most starters sophmores and juniors this year and an undefeated freshman team coming in as sophmores next year. This was the season we were suppose to be 4-6 or 5-5. Great job. Hard to make 7 turnovers and beat anybody but you never quit. We had a lot of breaks go our way during the win streak and tonight it just did not happen. best of luck to morristown west against hillsboro. very fast team and some of their linemen will be faster than your running backs. they have speed all over the field,

I want to congratulate Morristown West on their win today. Their defense is awesome. Brandon Fanney,Kaleb Goforth and Emanuell Fredrick are difference makers. Morristown West defense has great athletes and they are well coached. They took Maryville out of their game.

Good luck vs Hillsboro.

Good Game Maryville. I will have to say 7 turnovers will kill ya but Mo-West had a good game. Maryville was just not up for the game. It's alright though because Maryville will be right back in the semi-finals next year ready to kick some tail. O yeah Mo-town, Good luck v.s. Hillsboro, because your going to need it.

Hillsboro 35 Mo-West 7

I am going to have to disagree with you rebelron, the Rebels took themselves out of the game. 6 turnovers wont cut it. We had dropped balls, tipped balls that were too easty to grab on to by the secondary of MoWest. The one snap that sailed over Rouse's head on the second and goal killed us. The offense did not exectue untill it had to, and that was the difference. I am not saying that MoWest's Defense is bad, just that Maryville's Offense did not execute But good luck to MoWest and bring it back to east.....go rebs