Mo West/Maryville Updates

iamoz

Congratulations to the REBS on an outstanding season and winnign streak. Ya'll made history...and you've won more "Ships then some schools EVER have in their history! Ya'll just go ahead an keep doin what you know best up there in blount!!! The Falcons are takin ti to the State! We'll represnt to the fullest for K~Ville!!! The Falcons...aka DIRTY BIRDS haha! Wish ya'll the best in the future! Your doin things BIG in blount county!!! Good luck to ya'll!!!

GO FALCONS!!! IT'S GREAT TO BE A GHETTO PIGEON!!! Haha!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll be John Brown. I ask off for the day of the Blue Cross Bowls telling my manager "well, I just have to see Maryville and of course my Franklin Rebels will be playing too." I guess I jinxed both of us! Sorry Maryville- but ya know, it was a great run. Y'all will bounce back in a big way next year I'm sure.

Nizzi B.......why don't you use Webster's, Oxford-English, or Merriam's Dictionary......the "Shizz-nick" language that you are using is not accepted nor understood on this site!!!!! Your use of language reminds me of that kid from that "Fat Albert" cartoons.

Congrats Mo West...you guys did something that many teams have tried to do for the past several years. Good luck at state.

Gotta tell ya - I expected to get on Coach T and see many Maryville fans whining about getting beat. But I stand corrected. Glad to see that Maryville fans can be classy even in defeat. You guys had a great run and you have nothing to hang your head about.

Me????? Well, I'm a Central fan and I'm already looking forward to 2004......

Once again....congrats Mo West and best of luck at state against Hillsboro!!!!!

Hey, its cool if u win, we don't give a flyin flip, but when you come on here and rub the win in our faces, then we step up and we take a stand. Like I said, if u want to talk smack, I can take some of it, but if u really want to talk smack all I have to do is point to our trophy case cause only one other school has more trophies, and thats smack enough! Now that being said, Mo-West played well and they beat us, plain and simple. It was a hard fought game, really nothing to talk smack about. They didn't blow us out or shut us out, they just executed, and for that they should be commended. Most the Mo-West fans here are being gracious, afterall...when we beat u the last two years to go to State, I don't recall us talking down on you! Ohh..by the way, the most classless act I saw out of Mo-West was the student section coming to the Maryville sideline, right infront of the players to sing "Hey, Hey, Hey Goodbye." Doing that from the stands, or from near your sideline isn't that bad, but doing it as a mock of the players that played their hearts out and of the fans that sat through the chill..its uncalled for. I understand their celebration, but it doesn't need to be taken to the other side of the field where it becomes mockery not celebration. Yes, to be the best, u have to beat the best, but u also have to claim the title that goes with it...and u can't hang a banner that says "We broke Maryville's win streak" Well...unless u are UNC basketball...they hang a banner for everything. So go to State, get a gold ball, and then u can talk smack to darn near anyone...including us. Well...some smack! :P

We going 2 state.....Baby maryville call me n give me some good hotel rates and tell me what yall see on sport center....cause yall staying home..n puttin up ur pads monday....

Why do you all have to win like loosers, players get on here and read this stuff(hopefully the Maryville players don't). You won, congrats, but please win like winners, and be respectful to the team that has lost.

Hey, its cool if u win, we don't give a flyin flip, but when you come on here and rub the win in our faces, then we step up and we take a stand. Like I said, if u want to talk smack, I can take some of it, but if u really want to talk smack all I have to do is point to our trophy case cause only one other school has more trophies, and thats smack enough! Now that being said, Mo-West played well and they beat us, plain and simple. It was a hard fought game, really nothing to talk smack about. They didn't blow us out or shut us out, they just executed, and for that they should be commended. Most the Mo-West fans here are being gracious, afterall...when we beat u the last two years to go to State, I don't recall us talking down on you! Ohh..by the way, the most classless act I saw out of Mo-West was the student section coming to the Maryville sideline, right infront of the players to sing "Hey, Hey, Hey Goodbye." Doing that from the stands, or from near your sideline isn't that bad, but doing it as a mock of the players that played their hearts out and of the fans that sat through the chill..its uncalled for. I understand their celebration, but it doesn't need to be taken to the other side of the field where it becomes mockery not celebration. Yes, to be the best, u have to beat the best, but u also have to claim the title that goes with it...and u can't hang a banner that says "We broke Maryville's win streak" Well...unless u are UNC basketball...they hang a banner for everything. So go to State, get a gold ball, and then u can talk smack to darn near anyone...including us. Well...some smack! :P

I agree. That is just completely classless! Even though I wish them luck I doubt they will be getting a gold ball, and with all of this trash talk I'm beggining to think I don't want them too, I fiqured when we lost, they wouldn't behave like Knox. Central fans!

ROLL REBS ROLL

2004: THE YEAR OF THE REBS

I know all the Maryville faithful are let down as I am. But it has been a great run, one that is not over just idle for now. Congratz MoreWest on your big win, you hung in there and got the ball to bounce your way. I wish you luck vs. Hillsboro and would like the gold ball to come east.

To the Maryville haters, say all that you want about Maryville. When a team commits 7 turnovers and is not ready to play losses do occur. Maryville did lose but was not beaten by a better team, just one who had a better game. Nothing is being taken from Mor West they deserved to win and will advance to the see if they can make their big dream a reality. Maryville has lived the dream and has been there and done that. By getting on the board and post something classless you show how low you really are. Great job Maryville, allot of people thought you wouldn't do anything this year and you did, and best of luck next year. Remember only Maryville has been able to bring the Gold ball to East Tennessee the past six years, no one else in 4A has done that. Let’s see if Mor West can pull it off.

Mor West good luck to you, you finally got what you wanted, a shot at the title because you got by the best. I’ll be watching and pulling for you.

We going 2 state.....Baby maryville call me n give me some good hotel rates and tell me what yall see on sport center....cause yall staying home..n puttin up ur pads monday....

wow, what a classy post, i mean really. I've begun really rooting for hillsboro in the state game now just because of the lack of class that morristown west shows at any time. That is just pathetic. and by the way, i hear pads are going in on tuesday, so get your facts straight

I want to congratulate Maryville and their wonderful coaching staff, players and fans for the unbelievable run they have had. They exhibited nothing but class after the game. I can assure you that all the "real" Trojans are humbled and honored to have won.

Lets hope we can represent East Tennessee as well as the Red Rebels have over the last few years.

I will post this again in case some of you Reb fans didn't see it earlier. Please don't judge our whole program on a few overzealous kids. Although both sides were guilty of talking trash before the game, I admire both programs and coaching staffs.