Is McMinn's "The Juice" the best in SE TN?

atn301

JaJuan Smith is hands-down one of the best basketball players in the state. He can back up and shoot the 20, 21 footer, drive to the rack, even jump over you and dunk it on you. When you talk about fundamentally sound players you can't even go without mentioning JaJuan. McMinn may have got off to a rough start at 6-4, 0-2 but look at the district McMinn is in, 5-AAA, the hardest district in the state of Tennessee, but JaJuan Smith & crew can definitely find their way out of the hole with him & McMinn's role players. And by the way whoever said JaJuan Smith and McMinn Central's Beau Brown would be a good matchup, is a class A idiot, JaJuan would absolutely destroy Beau. Don't get me wrong, Beau is a excellent player for a sophomore, but not quite yet on JaJuan's level. See ya on December 19th Central and bring your Kleenex it's gonna be a tear-jerker.

Edited by showtimebc30

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to address the comment that District 5-AAA is the hardest district in the state of Tennessee. Bradley is a great basketball team, but they are the only state contender in the mix. Cleveland has athleticism, but is extremely mediocre as a team Therefore, District 5-AAA is far from the hardest district in the state of Tennessee. Go take a look at Districts in Memphis that produce powerhouses like White Station and Ridgeway (where teams are both athletic and play fundamentally) or even to upper East TN where Science Hill runs the show.

Also in reference to a poster calling someone "a Class A idiot" because they feel that JaJuan Smith and Beau Brown is a good matchup should understand that Beau Brown is probably a slightly more successful TEAM player, with a 7-1, 2-0 record, than JaJuan.

I am sure that against McMinn Central JaJuan will have 20, 30, maybe even 40, but the winning portion may be difficult if no one else scores more than 5 or 10 or if Smith decides to take a quarter off as he did in Cherokees' home loss to Cleveland.

P.S. - Beau Brown and JaJuan Smith don't play the same position so it can't be a true "match-up" in the first place, can it? This is a game of 5 on 5, right?

First of all jajuan is an excellent player. i was at the mcminn- cleveland game and jajuan was awesome. i agree if he is great then his team would be great. he was the player on the floor thought.To atn301 i dont know any of those other districts but i do know that cleveland is not medicore.Next, i was also at the Mcminn Central- Sweetwater game on friday night. even thought central beat us which they shouldn't have but they paid the refs or something. Central will lose to mcminn and probably pretty bad. Which brings me to my next point. beau brown cant hang with jajuan. sweetwater for the most part held him in check.

Paid the refs? That is probably the most ridiculous statement I have heard since somebody said Polk and Sweetwater were good enough to win their district. Come on, stop tooting Cleveland's horn. They aren't a state contender. Once again, they have wonderful athletes, but crack under pressure defense. If someone is strong, then Charles Little can be boxed out and thus equalized. He isn't a defender either.

And another thing, does "holding someone in check for the most part" equal 19 pts and 14 rebounds? I would hate to see "almost holding him in check." And holding someone in check doesn't mean much of anything if you lose by 21. You should have checked the rest of the team too.

And again, Beau Brown doesn't have to "hang with" JaJuan Smith. They play different positions. One is a guard, the other a forward. Please understand that this organized basketball, not the AND 1 Mixtape Tour.

P.S. - Sweetwater, show some class and don't sit on the floor during the technical free throws.

McMinn will get back on track this week against Central. Not to make excuses but you would not believe how bad the refs have been the past couple of weeks. It has been very discouraging to see such poor officiating, especially in the Cleveland ballgame. It was one of the biggest games in the state that night and we were stuck with refs who were out eating dinner after the game with men wearing Cleveland sweatshirts @ Applebees. I mean gimme a break. But back to JaJuan and the tribe, look for them to get back on track against the Chargers and we should coast the rest of the month. We have just had some bad breaks the past few weeks and hopefully we will start to show some heart. But just remember the true "Great" players and teams come strong in the postseason. Look for the Cherokees to go on a win streak into the Bradley game in Athens on Jan. 9th. That is when the tribe will show how good they are and how much heart they have.

Go Cherokees!

McMinn County- 80

McMinn Central- 62

Ok first of all atn301 if jumping over someones back is not over the back then i dont know what is central had to pay the refs becuase if they wouldve lost then that wouldve been the biggest embarassement on the central program, besides winning maybe one football game every two years, but were talking basketball.there is no way beau brown couldve had 19 and 14 because he really didnt even touch the ball until the refs started to make rediculos calls. Yea i guess your right cleveland does crack under presure i guess thats why they didnt at mcminn in front of a packed has down by as much as 12 then come back to when by 9 but yea i guess cleveland cracks under pressure.

p.s. youre boys didnt show very much class laughing about the fact the refs cheated for them.also mcminn is going to blow yall away this year.

Go Tribe

Go Cats

McMinn 80

Central 62

Jujuan is the best player in the state.

Central is overrated.

Central will come back down to earth against McMinn.

Great job Coach Elliot.

FACT: McMinn 63

Central 66

The Juice Choked!!!!!

Guess colleges won't be calling someone who can't hit freethrows when they count.

I'll take 6 players over one superstar anyday!!!

SEE YA IN JANUARY!!!

Cental boys did a good job tonite and deserved the win. The player off of the bench did a great job shutting down Jujuan. For McMinn to succeed, our other guys have got to step up because a Central substitute shut down one of the highest talked about players in the area. What will other schools continue to do???? Maurice Smith is very talented but riding the pines too much with foul trouble, and no it was not the refs fault last night. They called good games. They missed a few in the girls game both ways. Hicks boy did an excellent job off of the bench. Where did this boy come from and why is he not playing more?

I was impressed with Bledsoe and Beau Brown. Those who were earlier dismissing Beau compared to Jujuan were silenced last night. Armstrong was not impressive. But McMinn Central played better as a team.

Until next time I guess at the home of the dome.