David Lipscomb Vs. Huntingdon

westTN2004

Bonham, Psycho, eatcoals,

Sounds like you are jealous of the success we have at Milan. Don't worry, go back to wherever you come from and work a little harder and then maybe you can say "my team has 4 gold balls and one silver ball" B)  B)  B)  B)

9yr.oldchamps,

Do you even know how many balls my team has? Then, you should keep your mouth shut! My team is playing for another this year! We have worked plenty hard enough! You need to shut your mouth! My team has eight balls! ;) Do you feel special now? I hope not!

Edited by John Bonham

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if you think Turbo was right about this one? I think there has been some serious CROW served up for some of you. We tried to tell you the Huntingdon Mustangs was a physical team. Congratulations on a second place finish

Gerry was right about Lipscomb being a physical (big team) last year. That was last year. They also were in 1994 and 1998. 1994 was the most physical team Lipscomb has ever had. They had a few tough games in the playoffs that year. They beat Huntingdon 7-0 in round two(after Huntingdon's best back was injured in the 1st half.) They had a goaline stand against Milan to hold them off in the 4th and win by a touchdown. The West side of the bracket is often much more physical than the east.

There were 2 things those 3 Lipscomb teams had in common. Each had big, senior dominated lines that featured 2 and 3 year starters. This year's Lipscomb line was a senior dominiated team, but they weren't very big and only 1 player started last year. They graduated about 30 pounds per man and many years of starting experience.

Huntingdon did a great job of dominating the line on both sides of the ball. Lipscomb was a finesse team this year. They thrived on big plays in games against big, physical teams like Greenbrier and Goodpasture. The big plays didn't come against Huntingdon. Credit the Huntingdon D for most of that.

The people on the East side of the state who thought that Lipscomb was a physically dominating team, better get off of the interstate at Waverly. It might be hazardous to their health to cross the Tennessee River into West Tennessee.

Gerry was right about Lipscomb being a physical (big team) last year. That was last year. They also were in 1994 and 1998. 1994 was the most physical team Lipscomb has ever had. They had a few tough games in the playoffs that year. They beat Huntingdon 7-0 in round two(after Huntingdon's best back was injured in the 1st half.) They had a goaline stand against Milan to hold them off in the 4th and win by a touchdown. The West side of the bracket is often much more physical than the east.

There were 2 things those 3 Lipscomb teams had in common. Each had big, senior dominated lines that featured 2 and 3 year starters. This year's Lipscomb line was a senior dominiated team, but they weren't very big and only 1 player started last year. They graduated about 30 pounds per man and many years of starting experience.

Huntingdon did a great job of dominating the line on both sides of the ball. Lipscomb was a finesse team this year. They thrived on big plays in games against big, physical teams like Greenbrier and Goodpasture. The big plays didn't come against Huntingdon. Credit the Huntingdon D for most of that.

The people on the East side of the state who thought that Lipscomb was a physically dominating team, better get off of the interstate at Waverly. It might be hazardous to their health to cross the Tennessee River into West Tennessee.

tackle,

Correction!!! They had 2 starters on the line!!!! B)B)

John,

Who was the 2nd returning offensive line starter? Brandon Tidwell started at LG in 2002. He was the LT at the end of this year.

In 2002, senior STARTERS were LT-Try Coke, C-Travis Adams, RG-Justin Seamon, RT-Jonas Fridrichsen, and TE-Richard Whitfield. All of those guys graduated.

John,

Who was the 2nd returning offensive line starter? Brandon Tidwell started at LG in 2002. He was the LT at the end of this year.

In 2002, senior STARTERS were LT-Try Coke, C-Travis Adams, RG-Justin Seamon, RT-Jonas Fridrichsen, and TE-Richard Whitfield. All of those guys graduated.

tackle,

I thought that you were talking about the lines on both sides of the ball! Because David Abbas started at DE! B)

Sounds like you are jealous of the success we have at Milan. Don't worry, go back to wherever you come from and work a little harder and then maybe you can say "my team has 4 gold balls and one silver ball" B)  B)  B)  ;)

9yr.oldchamps,

Do you even know how many balls my team has? Then, you should keep your mouth shut! My team is playing for another this year! We have worked plenty hard enough! You need to shut your mouth! My team has eight balls! B) Do you feel special now? I hope not!

Bonham,

I think I speak for a lot of people on this board when I say your posts have zero credibility. You proved that last week.

as a neutral observer of the 2A title game last Friday night.....2 words...WOW! (so I failed math) I didn't realize 2A football was so weak in middle & east Tn until I saw Huntingdon rip apart Lipscolm...Milan or Carver coulda woulda had the same result. DL was OK but Hunt had more size,speed,strength,quickness,discipline and obiviously better coach preperation (DL players admitted after the game they underestimated Huntingdon, that's the coaching staff's fault. How do you EVEN let your players underestimate an opponent that's 13-1 in a state champ game?? DL coaches shoulda been driving that point all week..

Edited by cofo

Coach McAdams was at the Huntingdon-Milan game and this is my opinion alone. I think he came away knowing that his team was going to get beat and could have been by either Milan or Huntingdon. The really strange thing is that there were some other DL posters on here that said they were also at the game and weren't impressed with either team. I really don't think they were watching that game. That was the greatest game ever, again my opinion. Everyone tried to tell them that we weren't the one dimensional team that we have been in the past, but no believed it. This has been a great year and I will miss our seniors. Thanks Huntingdon for making us all believers!!!

Sounds like you are jealous of the success we have at Milan. Don't worry, go back to wherever you come from and work a little harder and then maybe you can say "my team has 4 gold balls and one silver ball" :lol:  ;)  :lol:  :lol:

9yr.oldchamps,

Do you even know how many balls my team has? Then, you should keep your mouth shut! My team is playing for another this year! We have worked plenty hard enough! You need to shut your mouth! My team has eight balls! ;) Do you feel special now? I hope not!

Bonham,

I think I speak for a lot of people on this board when I say your posts have zero credibility. You proved that last week.

9yr.oldchamps,

How did I prove that?