DeLaSalle 150 Wins

cbg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DLS is the best team hands down. Nobody in Tn could beat them. I would even go as far as saying that the All-State team would have trouble beating them. The 1998 Mater Dei team was the second best team I have ever seen. DLS beat them. The 2001 Long Beach Poly team was the most athletic team hands down I have ever seen. DLS beat them. The key to DLS streak is not great athletes because there are a lot of teams that are more athletic and get manhandled. The key is they are in shape and are strong. Most of all they make very few if any mistakes. In the game last year against Hawaii team DLS had like two penalties. As far as TN goes I would say they are just shy of top 10 football in the country. The top two are back and fourth between California and Florida with Texas third.

DLS is the best team hands down. Nobody in Tn could beat them. I would even go as far as saying that the All-State team would have trouble beating them. The 1998 Mater Dei team was the second best team I have ever seen. DLS beat them. The 2001 Long Beach Poly team was the most athletic team hands down I have ever seen. DLS beat them. The key to DLS streak is not great athletes because there are a lot of teams that are more athletic and get manhandled. The key is they are in shape and are strong. Most of all they make very few if any mistakes. In the game last year against Hawaii team DLS had like two penalties. As far as TN goes I would say they are just shy of top 10 football in the country. The top two are back and fourth between California and Florida with Texas third.

After seeing DLS play, I must agree with you. How do you suppose they reach that level of excellence that no one else can attain?

If you want to get an inside look at the DeLaSalle team, just read the book THE GAME STANDS TALL. Their strength & conditioning program has been second to none, but their strength coach took the job at University of California Berkley after last season so we may see them drop off some. This was a program that worked out at 6:00am before school because they didn't have an athletic period or time after school. Their strength program only takes 3 weeks off per year. Most Tennessee teams take 3 weeks off around Christmas alone.

Edited by cbg

i heard parkview out of georgia (also one of the best programs in the country) challenged DLS to a game and even offered to pay for all of their expenses i.e. plane tickets and accomidations. but DLS backed out at the last second, i agree they are one of the best programs in the country. but if i was them and someone challenged me, i would play them in a heart beat and not back out, it makes me wonder if they were afraid of having their beautiful winning streak ended.

Edited by RTcav

http://delasallesports.com/Teams-Archives/...-pittsburg.html

That should give you a good look at this Saturday's Championship game vs. Pittsburg. Note the "1," but DLS scoring on "big plays," and propensity to turn it over. #151 will NOT be easy.

On a lighter note: Jackie Bates, whom I have said was the best player in the Nation here all season, 11 carries, 68 yds., (Folks, he didn't play--the BEST player didn't play! )COMMITS TO THE FIGHTING DUCKS! Move over Bobby Moore.

RTcav,

Your rumor is unfounded, though I wish it were true. I saw both teams play 3 times last season. Even though Parkview, the eventual #2 in the Nation, and Georgia record-game streak (ended vs. Brookwood this year), would have been blown out by DLS. PV had NO skilled players that could have started at DLS. PV was a virtual "one-trick-pony" behind 3 Div.1, 300lbs. offensive linemen.

3 years ago, DLS and St. Louis Hi, Honolulu "decided" to just "bag" their usual playoff format and play each other...The outcry from their peers, arguably was vocal! Evangel Christian "circulated the same rumor" several years ago: "pay your way, prostitutes, gambling, etc." Unfortunately, for the rest of the US, DLS resides in a state with 38 million people (TN has 6.5M); Mater Dei, Long Beach Poly, St. Francis, Palma, Clovis West/East, Los Alamitos, and a thousand other schools offer a nice alternative to "fill in the blank." Until the current budget crisis in California, national powerhouse, Pope Don Bosco was pencilled in for the first game of this year (I saw Bosco murder a team with a perfect record.--Try telling a doorman at a tony Midtown Manhattan hotel you've come to NYC to go to a high school game in Jersey!). Bottom line: Everyone wants to play DLS, everyone wants to play them twice, everyone has "the unlocking-secret," everyone thinks they can bet them, everyone is DEAD XRONG!

Edited by 64TNChamp

Redsmash, you need to start paying attention in class. You guys all know there is no way you can actually prove all these states can "whoop" Tennessee in football. All you can do is post comments saying they could. What I don't understand is why you guys hate Tennessee High School Football so much. What States are you living in? I don't remember anyone posting that Tennessee is the top football state in America. All I here from folks posting on this thread (and a few others like it) is a constant theam of which states are better than Tennessee. Hey, we're probably a lot better than over half the states in America. Is Texas, Florida, California football better than Tennessee ? I think they are. But hey, their better than all the other states to, right.

Is DLS, better than any other High School team in America? Well their record says they are. But can they prove it ? There are a lot of very good teams in America that they have never played. As for as who has the best High School Football team in America, I don't really care. There can never be any kind of playoff system for High School's nationally because there's to many teams. I think 99.9% of High School Football fans are satisified with in state results, where they actually play for a championship.

So why don't you guys back off of bashing Tennessee Football. After all this is a Tennessee High School Sports website.

WaCo :D JaCo

waco,

I don't think that anyone is bashing Tennessee high school football. What they are saying is that Tennessee does not have the number of great teams and players that other states do. In my opinion it is due to the fact that Tennessee has 6+ million people and California has 40+ million people. The city of Los Angeles has more high schools than the state of Tennessee. It is simply a numbers game.