MoWest/Hillsboro

WestHightrojanfan2007

why does this sound familliar? oh yeah, all those people said we would lose to maryville and so on, are the same ones sayin were goin lose to hillsoboro? i aint saying were gonna beat them, or beat them bad, but you people just gotta have faith in mo' west. i mean we beat maryville. is that not enough to earn respect of anyone but maryville?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Calvin Bryant is out for the year he had surgery on Saturday morning following their win against Melrose. I hope for all you Morristown supporters that something happens to Hillsboro before the game on Saturday because it won't be as close as some of you might think. Yes losing Calvin will hurt the Burros, but I am sure that Tibbs will fill the slot on Offense, but I don't know how they will replace him on Defense. Hillsboro had 478 yards rushing against Melrose although Motown did shut down Maryville this task againt the Burros will not be as easy, believe it!!! I think Hillsboro has the advantage come Saturday because they have been here before, yes twice losing to Maryville. In my opinion Motown played their State Championship Game Saturday in Morristown against Maryville. That was a huge win for their program and well deserved, but Hillsboro has been there and will not go home empty handed again. I perdict the Burros running away with it early and fast with a final Hillsboro 42 Morristown West 7.

West may not win...but don't count us out! I think too many people did before Saturday's game. It looked like a Maryville home game instead of West. And look what happened!! Our boys want this one. I'm not saying we definately have b/c I don't know enough about Hillsboro to make an educated guess but don't give up on our boys!!! They've worked really hard and they've got alot of heart!!!! Lets make our kids proud and show up to support them.....it doesn't matter what happens because you've made it farther than any other Mo'town West team and we're proud of you!!!!

Hey boys.......what are you doing on Saturday?????? WE'RE GOING TO STATE!!!!!!!

I have not seen Hillsboro this year. But I know how talented they are and how well coached they are, as is Mo-Town West. The Hillsboro running game is awesome. Losing Bryant will hurt the Burros. But Tibbs is the real deal. Conversely, Fanney and Frederick for Morristown West are just as good defensively.

I look for a real battle when Hillsboro is on offense. The battle up front should be interesting to watch. If West puts Frederick at down DE like they did some of the time against Maryville, West is extremely tough at DE. The quick field (turf) will favor Hillsboro for two reasons imo. First the backs make quick cuts out of the winged-T and secondly they've played on it the last 2 years.

When West is on offense, they must mix it up. Walter Fisher jr. and Peebles are tough at LB. West is pretty good along the O-line and deep at RB, but they will be challenged by this defense.

West definately has a numerical and depth advantage in the game. Will they be able to put that to use will be key for them. Hillsboro has the experience of playing in the big game before.

A few key questions that could have a big bearing on the game will be:

1. Will Hillsboro still be as inspired to play this game with West, since Coach Adyelott stated they would be dissapointed "If it's not Maryville?"

2. How much will the loss of Bryant be to Hillsboro both physically and mentally to the Burros and will they be able to compensate?

3. Will West still have anything left in the tank after beating Maryville?

4. Can West throw the ball effectively?

5. Can Hillsboro throw if they have to?

Looking for an interesting game. Good luck to both teams.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Hillsboro is going to......................well I won't finish the rest.

Hillsboro 35 Mo-West 7

Weren't you the one saying that Maryville was going to win big against MoWest? So now you're saying that MoWest has no chance against Hillsboro? That doesn't make sence unless you believe that Hillsboro is that mush better that Maryville.

I believe that the two best teams in the state played Saturday. MoWest got the better of Maryville, but it could have went either way. I believe that Maryville and MoWest are very equal programs and this has become the campionship game for the state. I have enjoyed this pairing over the last three years and believe it will continue to be a great game.

For all you doubters out there. Believe me, MoWest players and coaches want this win more thatn anything and will show up to play. For everyone who thinks MoWest has no chance against Hillsboro, I look forward to reading your posts after we prove that this is our year.

Also, thanks to all the great Maryville fans. It is a pleasure coming to your field and having you at ours. Your school is top notch and the fans are too.

maryville is a great team and a great program has been and will be for a long time but give us no credit for beating them.yall talk about how yall offense had 6 turnovers in the first game like we didnt have anything to do with that guess what we did it again but, won this time to all the maryville fans quit hatin and pulling against us i can understand yall wont us to lose cause we beat yall but some of these scores are redicolous like 42-0, 35-7 .u sayin if yall played hillsboro the score would have been worse than that cause we beat yall give us a lil credit and besides the best team won....................MOTOWN WEST............WE GOIN TO THE SHIP this is our year lets bring home the gold

MARYVILLE DONT HATE CONGRADULATE FROM:BRANDON "PEEWEE" FANNEY

anyone that thinks there going to run on the TROJANS DEFENSE your crazy. we held maryville to 65 yards thats pretty good and the speed the trojans have is unbelieveable. hillsboro may have 2 or 3 people that r fast but its hard to out run 11 people that r just as fast or faster.

MO TOWN - 35

Hillsboro - 7

1st appearance ever and were just as hungry as u r if not more

the gold is on its way to mo town

#33 brad harris

A few key questions that could have a big bearing on the game will be:

1. Will Hillsboro still be as inspired to play this game with West, since Coach Adyelott stated they would be dissapointed "If it's not Maryville?"

2. How much will the loss of Bryant be to Hillsboro both physically and mentally to the Burros and will they be able to compensate?

3. Will West still have anything left in the tank after beating Maryville?

4. Can West throw the ball effectively?

5. Can Hillsboro throw if they have to?

Looking for an interesting game. Good luck to both teams.

I'll be the first to take a crack at these questions:

1) Of course Hillsboro will be ready for this game. If you were Hillsboro, wouldn't you want another shot at Maryville?

2) There is no replacing Calvin Bryant. In many ways, he is the heart and soul of the team. He will be there in body and spirit on Saturday. The team should rally in his absence on the field. If Hillsboro wins on Saturday, Bryant will be a major part of that championship team. Other people should step up in his absence.

5) Hillsboro can throw the ball. Will they need to if they have over 400 yards rushing?

Here's a question you didn't ask:

* Can Morristown West find ways to contain Hillsboro's speed?

I doubt Morristown West has played a defense with Hillsboro's size, speed and strength. I'm sure the West coaches will not enjoy watching films of Hillsboro's defense. And I promise you that Hillsboro will play against the pass very well on Saturday.

Edited by StanTrott