Mr. Football Winners

Teddavid

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar Divens, 5A Lineman of the Year

Michael Edmiston, 5A Back of the Year

I bet both of these guys would give up their trophies if it meant they could be playing in Murfreesboro this weekend.

Yep, that's the kind of guys they are. That's another reason that they deserve these awards. But...we can't cry over spilt milk. We're happy for Lamar and Michael and for the whole team who helped them get this. Our team gave us a lot of excitement throughout the year and we're grateful for that. Right now, though, we're celebrating the fact that we have two new Mr. Footballs at Lincoln County High. Congratulations, guys!

Lamar Divens, 5A Lineman of the Year

Michael Edmiston, 5A Back of the Year

I bet both of these guys would give up their trophies if it meant they could be playing in Murfreesboro this weekend.

Absolutely no doubt about it!

You can still see the hurt on their faces, I'm sure that they would gladly give up those awards for a chance to play one more game Saturday.

I'd love to see them play another night as well, and I'm sure I will even though it may be a year or two. The whole team brought so much to the community and all of us fans displaced from the community. Thanks for a great season, the heart and soul you showed to everyone in the community, and for the memories we'll have of you in the future. Congratulations again.

Very Surprised to see both awards go to Lincoln County. Having seen both Divens and Van Horne play.... No disrespect .....just surprised!

this may jus be a rumor, but i heard that the press was pushing for vanhorne and wanted him to get it but then the fact that lamar has already committed to vandy came up and thats wut got him the trophy. to bad

this may jus be a rumor, but i heard that the press was pushing for vanhorne and wanted him to get it but then the fact that lamar has already committed to vandy came up and thats wut got him the trophy. to bad

Since you acknowledge right off the bat that "this may just be a rumor," why repeat it? All that RUMOR does is attempt to take away from the effort Lamar Divens put forth this year. If he happens to read this, and I hope he doesn't, it's this kind of comment that can cause a young kid to feel that he really didn't deserve the award. Why would anyone want to do that to any kid?