Covington Chargers

timbertalker

Congrats to Covington on a great season! Everyone we met at the game yesterday...students, fans, parents...WHOMEVER....were a classy bunch! It's nice to see fans from other sides congratulate each other on 2 good seasons! You should be proud of your boys! Our mighty falcons were just a better team. But, you should be SO excited about what you all accomplished! I am sure you all were doubted just like we were.....all of those people are just HATERS! We are the best and second best teams in the state and nobody can take that away from us. So, to everyone that put Fulton (or Covington) down and talked trash about our fans, players, coaches, field, facilities.....WHATEVER......WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

We talked.....AND OUR BOYS BACKED US UP!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said the other day, pixie - I'll keep talking as long as our boys can back it up! And boy what a job they did of that! I hope we didn't shut too many people up, though. Ya'll keep talkin' that trash to our team. I'll not go into a big thing about Covington's fans, because I have made the comment before - this is a football thread, however fans are a part of football. I just wanted to say that some of us met a very nice couple at McDonald's before the game & they were kind enough to invite us to a tailgate party, which was very nice of them. However, I don't know that we would have been welcomed as much as they thought. You see, some of the Covington fans & band members thought it would be cute to boo our team as their buses drove to the stadium. Then when the teams were warming up on the field, there was a section of fans that kept yelling at our #99 (Mookie). They were yelling & cussing & carrying on. But see, what they didn't realize is that they were just pumping him up for the game! And look at the results . . . . . . what was it? 10 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 touchdowns & defensive MVP for the 2nd year in a row! Well, all I got to say is THANK YOU! Thank you for helping get him pumped up right before the game. You see, we call things like that "fuel for the fire!" And boy did Mookie shine yesterday!

But on the other hand, congrats to the Chargers - you made it to the finals for a reason.

GO FALCONS!

Ain't nothin new to Fulton boys to be booed and cussed. Most people don't like us. All I got to say..........is let'em. Let'em yell and think they're gettin to somebody head. ALL the other 12 teams we played this year did the EXACT same thing!!! And....with the exception of the 2nd week loss to AE (which we payed them back for) we took all that smack talk and shoved it down their throats.......I'll take a quote form #99 Demarcus "Mookie" Stevens that was printed in a Memphis paper.....

Stevens was all smiles after terrorizing the Chargers.

"They thought they had more speed than us," Stevens said. "They were wrong. I don't want to sound cocky, but it was kind of easy."

That is one question I do have.....where was that speed?!?! Oh well....it's over now!!! And WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! Good luck to the Covington players in the future.......

#9 Ain't talkin so much now!

GO FALCONS!!!

Fulton showed that region 2 is the toughest region in AAA and the East houses the toughest AAA teams in the state.

They won't show that until they can beat Portland. Macon Co. couldn't do it and I don't think Fulton could have done it. I only wish we had the chance to show you. Also, Smith Co. and Livingston Academy could have probably beaten you, too. Unfortunately, you still have not shown anyone that region 2 is the best in the state. You only showed that you could beat Macon Co. I would put region 4 against you any day!

<_<

By the way, congratulations on your victory!!! :D

Now....my friends from Ae and AC would ahve something to say about this too. You sir make yourself lok rather.....unintelligent just now. You say we wouldn't have Portland and Smith....yet in a way...we did!!! You couldn't get to our level....so how can you say we wouldn't have beat you. The ONLY teams giving Fulton a run for it this year was AE....Fultona nd AE would have killed ya'll!!! Make it next year and one of us will prove it to you!

They won't show that until they can beat Portland. Macon Co. couldn't do it and I don't think Fulton could have done it. I only wish we had the chance to show you. Also, Smith Co. and Livingston Academy could have probably beaten you, too. Unfortunately, you still have not shown anyone that region 2 is the best in the state. You only showed that you could beat Macon Co. I would put region 4 against you any day!

:D

By the way, congratulations on your victory!!!  :D

So by your logic, we would need to beat all 58 teams in 3A to win the state!!!

And NO you cant have a chance to show us, b/c you lost in the playoffs and couldnt make it to Bob Black field for the semis. And if you came, you would have been handled in much the same way as Macon and Covington were handled!!!

Bottom line: Your team lost in the playoffs and underachieved...so quit the ifs, ands and buts!!!

Edited by msmoker21

B)

By the way, congratulations on your victory!!! :)

What have you been sippin on PPride? Let us recap. In the playoffs, Fulton beat Macon Co. Macon Co. beat Smith Co. Smith Co. beat Portland. So, it doesn't make since to say as you indirectly put it, "the road to the state championship leads through Portland."

Dan the concerned Portland fan

First I just want to give props to Fulton for winning the state cause they had a big time team and I want to give props to #99 to cause he played a great ball game. But its bad when #15 for Covington had more tackles than "Mookie" but he didnt get the defensive MVP. I know that the award generally goes to the person on the winning team, but its all good. Oh yea he had more catches too!

Question:

Why, if a team loses 36-9 (actually not even that close), would there EVER be an MVP from the losing team?

The MVP should be someone that helps a team win or puts a team in position to win the game...Covington was never in a position to win?

Bottom Line: Stevens (and many other falcons) dominated the game on both sides of the ball. There was no domination by any Covington players!!!

Like was stated before...dont want to take anything away from the Chargers (Congrats on the great year), but the better team won last Saturday!!!

GO Falcons!!!!!!!