Mr. Football....Was it fair?

blueandgoldfan

I don't think it is fair but I don't think it is a public/private issue. There is just no way that voters can see all the candidates. So, they have to go on what they hear in addtion to what they have seen. Seniors also have an advantage which I think is as it should be.

Having said that, I think that every winner was very deserving. You could also make a case of every finalist to win. There are also kids that are not finalist that perhaps should be like Peardon from Boyd, Wooden from DCA and Luke Landers from CPA - all juniors by the way.

I am just glad to see all these young men receive some recognition.

IMHO (In my humble opinion)

Edited by Bighurt

I'm not implying anything, I'm just wondering if the results of the Mr. Football awards were a product of the public and private issue. I saw that there were no private school winners. Is this coincedence? What do you think?

You take away Div II and most of the privates left are in 1A and 2A so that's going to limit the amount of Mr. Football winners coming from privates since 3A, 4A, and 5A are mostly public schools.

should mr. football be reserved for players in the championship game?

The State championship games award an Offensive and Defensive player of the game. The Davis kid from Boyd won the Defensive player of the game last year. I think this is the right way to do it rather than limit the Mr. Football awards.

By the way, Mark Byrd and Dane Christman had outstanding careers and were both finalists last year.