Cloudland and Unaka

ballplayer12

Didnt the boys play as well?

Unicoi's girls are very very good. They beat Cloudland badly the other night. Now my question is whether the Unaka comeback was all their doing or did Unicoi let off the gas a little or get tired. Unaka has better depth. Unicoi is not very deep off the bench. But... Dont be surprised to see Unicoi win the Regional again.

Unaka did it pretty much on their own. The Lady Rangers scored only 8 points in the first quarter; then only 2 in the second. Also Unicoi hit four (uncontested) threes early in the first. Ten points in a half will not get the job done. Also Tiffany Babb, Unaka's third big player was sick and couldn't play last night; plus the Rangers have lost another player. But on that subject, one of Unicoi's players, Laci Hensley, was out due to surgery. So the depth was pretty much a wash in this one. {I posted all this on the girls board.}

As to Unaka and Happy Valley, I didn't get to go; and from what I hear it's just as well. Everyone from the coaches to the parents and fans said that Unaka pretty much played awful; but no doubt Bayless and the Warriors had much to do with that.

Unaka proved against an excellent Bearden team that they're a very talented and capable team. They obviously need to play with a little more ungency and confidence.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey flossie how about after Unaka beats the living daylights out of you guys you tell your Girlfriend to give me a hollar.I am about her age ;)

Maybe you are, you just don't look as good. <_< You all need to quit talking about how bad you are gonna beat us, because you haven't proved anything yet! You're not even the best team in the county much less the state. Win some big games and then run your motormouth all ya want. ;)

Whoever thinks Cloudland will win their district are ignorant. Not being mean or anything but they are not even close to unakas team this year. The loss last year at CLoudland was because of the refs. They are always horrible in roan mountain. I dont know if its something they ate at bob's Dairyland that made them that way or what. But they screw the rangers every year. But this year will be different.

P.S. You cant stop Rusty Chambers.

I got his autograph .. B)

Cloudland is better than Unaka. The pollsters think so, and anybody in their right mind thinks so. Rusty Chambers looks like he's missed too many meals. Maybe coachtdog is hogging all the food! ;) Creeperlagoon, theres' an old motto: NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS. I guess you'll blame it on the refs this year too when we beat you all 3 times! :D

The King....(with a name like that, you probably have great illusions of grandeur)......I'm surprised that someone from cloudland could even pronounce "pollsters" much less spell it. You might want to check the polls again guy, the odds seemed to be stacked against you. And for that remark about ole TDOG, shame on you!! :justwrestle:

Hey! I was only joking with ole Tdog. He is a hero! I've only talked to him a few times, but I like the guy. I'm sorry if I offended you all with that remark, but I wasn't being serious. I've taken a lot of cheap shots about dating a younger girl and taken it with stride. T-Dog, I'm sorry if I offended you and yes I am butt-ugly. Beauty fades, but ugly holds its own. <_<

Hey King,

If it's on the Adkins diet, I eat it. I don't make enough to feed Rusty and Drew. I have eat enough chicken to where it's running out my ears. Enough about that as to Unaka and Cloudland neither team is playing near their potential. It is very disappointing to watch teams with talent under achieve. As for me, I don't put much stock in how teams play before Christmas. Unaka was 3-9 the year they went to the state tournament. Right now coaches are trying to find the right combinations and will make adjustments when the conference schedule begins. As for you king, when I come to Roan Mt. I expect a cheeseburger from the Dairy Land, no bun, with mustard, lettuce and onion. A diet coke would be nice. By the way, you are buying. ;)

Edited by coachtdog