TSSAA Legilative council

LargeK9

It obviously doesn't matter what the member schools want. The only reason that the TSSAA is giving deals with money and the cost for teams to travel. Apparently the multiplier issue is still on the table, but that's not going to help either. Unlike public schools that can't limit their enrollment, private schools can easily do the math and put a cap on enrollment so that they can compete in the districts/regions that will give them the best chance to succeed. I played high school sports at a small, public school in TN in the 80's, and it was the same then. Maybe it's just me, but even today, I have a soft spot for those coaches and programs who play and win with the hands they're dealt. I don't want anyone to think that I'm bad- mouthing students who have the means to attend private schools because I'm not. I just think that a split between public and private schools would have been the right thing to do. Private and public schools could still play each other in the regular season, but it would be a choice. That's what's been taken away from the public schools.

How can the TSSAA legislative council vote down the public-private split when the member schools voted overwhemingly for it? Who on the council does this benefit?

Once again for the umpteenth time. Less than half the schools said they wanted a split. In fact the 2 representatives from rural West TN polled each of the schools they represent and the vote was overwhelmingly OPPOSED to a split. Only 11 out of the 53 schools wanted a split.

That`s half the problem with a lot of people that want a split. You don`t have your facts straight or you just make things up. You let yourself believe things about private schools that just aren`t true and then develope biases against them.

Again when asked statewide only 48% of the schools stated they wanted a split. That`s close to half but it is still less than half, which gives good explaination for the close 5-4 vote to turn down the split. If all these schools had really wanted a split like you want everyone to believe then they would have said so when asked. But member schools did not overwhelmingly want this as you have come to believe.

Once again for the umpteenth time. Less than half the schools said they wanted a split. In fact the 2 representatives from rural West TN polled each of the schools they represent and the vote was overwhelmingly OPPOSED to a split. Only 11 out of the 53 schools wanted a split.

That`s half the problem with a lot of people that want a split. You don`t have your facts straight or you just make things up. You let yourself believe things about private schools that just aren`t true and then develope biases against them.

Again when asked statewide only 48% of the schools stated they wanted a split. That`s close to half but it is still less than half, which gives good explaination for the close 5-4 vote to turn down the split. If all these schools had really wanted a split like you want everyone to believe then they would have said so when asked. But member schools did not overwhelmingly want this as you have come to believe.

For the umpteenth time you are scewing the vote. It was a two part question. If it had been one question only...I guarantee the vote would have been for a split.

If 1a and 2a schools had been the only ones polled (as it should have been because they are the ones playing the privates) it would have been at least 70-30 for a split. Why would 3a, 4a, or 5a schools care...if they don't have to play the privates.

Edited by Antwan

The 22 schools polled in West Tn voted 15-7 against the split. Agreed!! But 15 out of the 22 wanted something done, not for this just to up and die. I do have my facts straight about private schools.... while there are quality people there they do not go by the same rules as most( I said most) public schools. How do I know ... my daughter went to one.

Ever watch Friendship Christian scout a game? In comes about 5 or 6 men, with laptops, notebooks, etc. No public school could afford this kind of college level scouting. And, for the umteenth time, as long as private schools can get players from anywhere, any state, and public schools have boundries, they are not playing by the same rules. This matters at single A much more than it does at the other levels.