Whats's up at Cleveland HS?

Gov

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this young man has done nothing wrong then why isn't he playing.If I was his coach I would demand an answer quickly. How many games like the one at Rhea co. must they lose!!! Like I said If he is in good standing with the tssaa then he should be on the court. Maybe there is something we fans don't know. Maybe some adults have something to get straight before he plays again. If this was my son I would want some type of answer

I've been hearing some very serious rumors about this situation with Jay Davis at Cleveland. First off cbr and anspa are being very quite about this so I take that as a red flag. Those two usually know whats up at CHS and their not saying much. The thing that I'm wondering is do the Rhea Co. officals and fans know about this? If it is true wouldn't Rhea Co.'s Football team be the Region Champs since Cleveland used an ineligible player during football? I'll bet the Rhea Co. football coaches would like to know whats up Cleveland.

Dblcuce-To put down your red flag, I am not writing anything on here because there is nothing to write. Everything that has been said is strictly rumors on this board. No one knows the facts. I choose not to contribute to RUMORS about a KID!

cbr, Then are you saying that you haven't heard the rumors about Davis not attending summer school to gain his eligiblity but that he was supposed to take a class or classes with a coach during the summer. The problem with that is from what I've heard is that the class/classes were not approved by the Cleveland Board of Education. Is that possible? The fact he is being held out of basketball games is clearly a reason for the Blue Raider faithful to be concerned. Do you know of another reason he hasn't been playing in any basketball games?

cbr, I do agree with what you say about rumors. I also know from past experiences that when rumors run wild like they are about this issue plus the fact Davis hasn't been playing Basketball...............there is a great possibility that the rumors are true. Do you know why Davis hasn't been playing for the Basketball Raiders?

Here is the truth of what is going on. Jay did take a summer school class with the coach that was origionally at Chattanooga Central.(can't remember his name) The class was not approved and the AD and principal is having to go back through the steps to get this approved. Well the problem is that all of this is supposed to be approved before Football season therefore technically Cleveland played a inneligible player all year. The TSSAA is reviewing the case now. No one would have known except that the head of the board recieved an anonimous letter in the mail and they realized that Cleveland didn't even offer summer school last summer. So she took the letter to the Superintendant. So to give you the short version Jay took a class that didn't exist and the school is in the process of trying to magically bring this class into existance. Do you think any of this would have happened if Rankin were running the show? Just a question knowing he is interested and all.

Lets see Cleveland is trying to get Davis eligible now after football season is over. After winning the Region in football with an ineligible player. They are holding him out of basketball games to keep that program out of trouble. They are already on probation with the TSSAA. What a mess. How ironic that Cleveland's AD just received some kind of award from the TSSAA. Could there be more penalty's ahead for CHS?