Whats's up at Cleveland HS?

Gov

Hopefully this will be my last reply to this situation. Yes, Jay is 18 and must take responsibility. Also those who are over 18 need to take responsibility with their harsh tongues. Wrong is wrong regardless if it is by actions or by mouth. Everyone knows that this whole situation was targeted at Coach Brown to make him look bad. If we had more teachers, whether they were coaches or not to give of their time to help more kids be successful and pass classes then we would not have to have summer school because they would be working throughout the year. I think this has targeted athletics but what about the kid who has no coach or advocate to give him or her a second chance to pass a class. Who do we blame if they don't have a coach. I respect the coaches that gave of their time to teach classes and not recieve an extra dime for doing it. If academic olympics would do the same just think of how many students could participate whether they came from good homes or not. The education of a child whether he be 18 and in high school or 21 and in college, he deserves every opportunity to retest, retake and repeat to be successful. Thanks to those dedicated educators who are willing to help.

In closing, let me say Gov, I have enjoyed corresponding with you. All you have done was ask concerned questions to which everyone deserves an answer and I am sure that they will get one. If not I would like to contact YOU and let you read a personal documentation. Thanks. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right just let them keep doing it and sooner or later they will get it right. It doesn't matter if they know the materiel. You know up until now I have kinda respected your comments but now I see that you are just a fool. On top of all the time that is taken from teachers now they are supposed to put even more time into retesting these kids so that they pass. Why put any responsibility on the kid. After all once you get out and get a job if you keep messing up the employer will keep giving you chance after chance to get it right. That is definitely how the job place works. You obviously have no clue as to what a teacher must do and go through every day. For the people on here that are coaches and teachers I think they will agree with me that you are clueless as to what it means being a teacher. Teachers give more of their TIME as you put than you will ever realize. You talk about it is not right to bash coach Brown or the coaches well you have been bashing the teachers with those very disrespectful idiotic comments.

[QUOTE]I respect the coaches that gave of their time to teach classes and not recieve an extra dime for doing it.[/[/QUOTE]CODE]  Sounds to me like you are saying the coach didn't get payed for this summer school class.  However having Jay eligible legally or illegally must have been payment enough.

[CODE][B][QUOTE]Everyone knows that this whole situation was targeted at Coach Brown to make him look bad. [/QUOTE][/B]

As for this statement I think he has done a fine job of doing this himself. I do not have to do a thing. The facts speak for themselves.

Cowboy, your title fits you and the only fool that I have found is YOU. How do you know that I am not a teacher? Maybe I am one of those who works longs hours, never misses a day and it concerned about all students whether they play sports or not. Some jobs will do things over and over, just ask some of the adults who work at some of the stove factories about the 10,000 + stoves that were run incorrectly and had to be reworked and not only caused people to stay after regular hours and work overtime but also on Saturday and Sunday. If you fail a college class are you not given the opportunity to take it over in the summer. Just let me know if times have changed since I was in college or high school for that matter. No school is perfect. Not Cleveland nor your favorite Bradley but they both should be about the business of educating students by whatever means necessary whether it be after school or in the summer. CHS has graduated some very fine educated people and by your comments, I am sure that you are not one of them. Ride 'em cowboy.

allnet,

clear up the mystery.....are you a teacher? I have worked in the stove factories, and they do not work the way you have said. Yes they re-work stoves, but not at the level you make you point with.

CHS does graduate fine students, in fact a doctor in my family. But it still smells of impropriety on the coach's lack concern for how this was handled.

Just an opinion.

Texas 23, I got my information from an employee of a local stove factory who had to work numerous Saturdays and Sundays because of a screwed up order. Therefore, I am glad you ask me because as far as the fact about the stoves, I did not know, I just know what I was told. Yes, Cleveland has graduated some fine people, from millionaires to a West Point Graduate to come from the very first class at CHS. There is no mystery - - - we all are teachers of some kind, some just know their subject area and they try to leave everybody else's alone. Therefore since I am not a football or basketball coach, I cannot make a coaches statement. I can just do like everyone else does if I so choose, (which I don't) and that is talk about things that you know nothing about, you just talk.

Have a Merry Christmas!! I am in for a great 2 week break.

and there you have it. That really solves the mystery. I guess if we are all Teachers,,,,then maybe we are all students too.....hmmmmm. Is Socrates using the name Allnet? Just kidding,,,,i just wanted to talk about things that I don't know.

Edited by texas23

This seems to be turning into pot shots at each other, lets try to stick with the facts as we know them, after doing some investigating this is what I know. It seems that Jay took a class this summer that was taught by someone at Cleveland High School,( It is still unclear to me as to who taught this class.) We are not sure if this class was an independent class or a class that was offered to the general student body.(although it is clear that cleveland high does not offer summer school, at least not advertised in the paper.) The paper work that was to be turned into the state department about this class somehow did not get there.( not sure if this class was or wasn't approved by the administration, also not sure if there was any compensation given to the person who taught the class) I am also not sure when all this came to light, but have heard two stories. One that the TSSAA got an anonymous phone call by someone in Rhea Co. or That this was found by Coach Green while filing his eligibility forms. (not sure which story is true, my guess that it may be a little of both) In the Rhea Co possibility there is a legal question as to how Jays transcript got into the hands of this person.( which is why I question the scenario) All this as far as I know is being looked into by the TSSAA and the state department. There seems to be more questions than answers to this situation. My heart goes out to Jay Davis and his family who seem to be in the middle of something they have no control over. Lets hope that this doesn't turn into the same problem that Gallitan High school went through in football. Lets hope that common sense prevails and Jay is back playing. Unless Jay new that this class wasn't a legitiment class,(which I do not know therefore I assume that Jay would not have known) someone at Cleveland owes him a huge apoligy if he doesn't return.

Edited by Gov