Congratulations Region 6-5A

big poppa

This thread goes out to all those teams in region 6-5A. no disrespect to any other region but I must say that this region proved to be the most entertaining in all the state. People will say," How can you say that?" Well here is my evidence. Let's start with the fans. All season long they had a tremendous role in the uprising of every team. One game in particular that stands out is the Dickson County verse Franklin game. The atmosphere at Howard Gamble stadium was unbelieveable. The fans showed what Friday nights are all about. I recently read a high school football magazine that stated high school football was the fastest dying sport in America. I would say that the atmoshere has changed in the last handful of seasons for various reasons, but not this year. The atmosphee at the game mentioned above was concrete evidence of the resurgence. I dont know of a football fan in the world that would not have appreciated the effort shown that night. The reason iI bring up this particular game is because it is an honest representation of what this region has developed into. The game was close and both teams deserved to win. The fianl results for the season were close as well, a three way tie for the championship. Franklin, Brentwood, and Dickson County all wanted to move on, but when they didn't they pulled for their biggest rivals. To me, this shows evidence of respect. If all players respected there opposing teams, fans, and communities as much as these three schools then the resurgence would quicken. I sincerely look forward to next year and the continuence of these growing rivalries. It does not get any more fun than this.

Well Said Big Poppa, I agree 100%, I could also add the Franklin Brentwood tilts this year to the demonstration of Fan support and school spirit being at an all time high. Both games couldn't have stuffed any more people into the stands, hills, track, and just about anywhere else you could find some square footage.

To the players, thank you for entertaining us at a paultry $5.00 per week.

Can't wait to see the Region Team Named - would put this talented group up against any Region in any Classification!

Well Said Big Poppa, I agree 100%, I could also add the Franklin Brentwood tilts this year to the demonstration of Fan support and school spirit being at an all time high. Both games couldn't have stuffed any more people into the stands, hills, track, and just about anywhere else you could find some square footage.

To the players, thank you for entertaining us at a paultry $5.00 per week.

Can't wait to see the Region Team Named - would put this talented group up against any Region in any Classification!

Although there will never be a region all-star game, the presense of one would be entertaining as well. Faninthestand you are right, this regions all-star team would match up against any region in any classification. There was mounds of talent throughout the region and many will have the opportunity to show their skills at the next level.

This year's edition of 2003 football competition was packed as tight as a New York subway at rush hour. Three teams tie for the region crown, the fourth seed knocks off the #1 seed in the playoffs. Regular season games going down to the wire. Fans' emotions wrung to the point of hysteria. Then you have the other teams, and aside from Ravenwood and the tremendous progress they made, the rest were far back in the pack. It's probably a good thing that Clarksville and Henry County weren't as competitive as the others-nobody would've been left standing to do anything in the playoffs. A lot of good football players move on after this year and I predict that next year's race won't be as competitive across the board. This might have been Region 6's highwater mark, but it was a heck of a ride nonetheless.

We'll take our all-region team against all-comers-heck I'll take our second team against anyone else's second! Or, let's have a Williamson Co vs. the rest of the best in Region 6; on second thought, that game would stink. How would you divide a All-Region Game? Maybe 1, 3, 5 and 7 against 2, 4, 6, and 8?

Speaking of Region 6-5A, here are some of the All-Region players from Franklin:

Brad Christiansen

Matt Solima

Ryan Nichols

Joe Bell

David DeFatta

David Campbell

Carl Ladd

Mac Cross

Josh Nelson

There may have been a couple others, but I was in the middle of fighting BlueCross Bowl traffic when I was being told.

We might have a down year next year (we being the Region) but many would consider it a down year for Region 4 this year. Yes, Riverdale is from Region 4... give me a down year if it means we have someone at the 'ship.

This football season has passed too quickly. Over here at Riverdale we have seen the full spectrum of emotions. From getting spanked by LC and DC back in September to these last moments leading up tp the BC bowl.

I think HS football is awesome and I've had (quite) a few years to think about it. B)

We play Dickson County from Region 6 every year and it is an absolute war. Wish we could get an occasional regular-season game against Brentwood or Franklin as well. All season long, I had been hoping for a rematch with Brentwood, or a match with Franklin in the BC bowl. We almost got that.

One great thing about football is that it is fun to talk about, analyze, and speculate over all year long. Sounds like a lot of people are already taking hard looks at next years teams.

Over the past two weeks several people in my office have paid scalpers $200/ ticket for nose-bleed seats to Titans games for customers! I just smile and realize that while the Titans provide some form of entertainment, it's nothing compared to Region 6-5A football. Watching The BCBS Bowl this weekend on TV (Great Job Willie Donack) was better than watching the Titans v. Colts.

We are fortunate to have the kind of match ups we have, I hope the Region is not affected by the growth of Williamson County and the addition of Independence High School. I think Oakland felt that pain this year.

FHS27- Great list! Is Hammond missing?