Lawrence County H.S. could be a Shelbyville.

golfcat

I disagree a kid needs to go and play where there talents can be showcased and if a kids moves in from a surrounding county it only shows that your program plays top caliber talent and the kid is seen by a lot of colleges. Lawrence Co has that type of program because John Wild is one of the top HS coache :D s in Tennessee.

I am sure this will ruffle some feathers but just what criteria did you use to conclude that John Wild is one of the TOP coaches in Tennessee? Do you mean TOP 10, 50, 100 or what? Just curious?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey inot2bad is right. It's who you play. Maybe that would be a good thread on the boys bracket, b/c an example of what inot2bad said is in the GCHS boys team. We played many out of state teams, all of them good teams. For example Bob Jones, a team out of Louisville, and so on. They are all great ball players and there must have been scouts everywhere. Want to meet the head coach of Marquette, Indiana, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Etc.? Come to GCHS during school hours. Preseason that's all coach Holt did was give tours to college coaches. And I think it's because of the talent that was found that Zach Holt came to play over here. I never heard any talk about him before now, and he really is a "great player". I'm gonna stop now since this is the girls bracket, but it's true; If you play for a great team, you play great teams; You play great teams you get discovered.

only three things missing for lawrence to become a shellbyville...... money, talent pool, and coaching

You made me chuckle...the "only three things missing" are pretty big things.

It reminded me of a guy I heard recently saying that he was dating a girl that looked like Brittany Spears.....only she was shorter and her face was different. LOL

EAGLECLAW I THINK YOU HAVE A SELECTIVE MEMORY. BECAUSE SINCE THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THEY HAVE BEEN BACK TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT 2 MORE TIMES ONCE GETTING BEAT IN SEMIFINALS AND THE OTHER TIME THEY GOT BEAT IN THE FINALS. 2 DIFFERENT GROUPS OF GIRLS SO DON'T SAY IT WAS JUST ONE TEAM. YOUR RIGHT WE DON'T HAVE 100 YEARS OF HISTORIC HISTORY BEHIND GIRLS BASKETBALL BUT IT IS STARTING. I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SOMEONE FROM SUMMERTOWN SAYING SOMETHING WHEN THEY WONT EVEN PLAY LCHS. OH YEAH, THEY WILL WHEN THEY HAVE REALLY GOOD TEAMS. I KEPT HEARING A COUPLE YEARS AGO HOW SUMMERTOWN WOULD BEAT LAWRENCEBURG WHEN THEY HAD A GOOD TEAM BUT THE IRONARY WAS SUMMERTOWN DIDN'T EVEN GET OUT OF THE REGION IN SINGLE A AND LCHS GOT BEAT IN THE STATE FINAL. YOUR OTHER COMMENT ABOUT THE GIRLS FROM OTHER TEAMS DESPISING LCHS PLAYERS IS RIDICULOUS. SOUNDS LIKE THEY NEED TO HAVE THE BOTTLE PULLED FROM THEIR MOUTH AND GROW UP. I STARTED THE THREAD ASKING WHY THE BEST PLAYERS FROM LAWRENCE COUNTY AND PLAY TOGETHER AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN AN ANSWER. ONLY CRY BABIES FROM THE NORTH AND SOUTH END OF THE COUNTY.

golfcat I totally agree with you if Summertown, Loretto, and Lawrenceburg all played together they would be a great team. Look at the talent that you guys would have. This will probably never happen but from an outsiders point of view it would be great for the athletic programs. But I totally understand why it can't. It is hard playing for a certain team all of your life and then having to combine with your rivals on the court.

shoot... If loretto and lawrenceburg combined they could be an elite program... summertown only has 2 players... well... so does l'burg... heh... the key in this equation is loretto.... give them one more guard that can penetrate, and/or someone down low over 6', and they are state champions in any class....