Updates on DCA vs. Boyd.......

addictedtosports.com

And, fballfan81, if Boyd had no problem moving the ball, then why did DCA have more yardage than Boyd until the 4th quarter? No, this game was definately closer than the score.

Didn't i say drive stalling penalties and turnovers? Boyd's line was getting a huge push all night. DCA had absolutely no answer for Peardon. I am also aware of the injuries so don't bring that up as an excuse.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea thats what i thought one helment to the knee will slow peardon down.......

Daddyx you must not be much of a daddy to say take a 16 year old kids knees out over a GAME! There are some stupid and sick people in this world and you just went out of you way to prove it. DCA is a class act on and off the field best of luck to them next year. Daddyx you know where you can go.

Its obvious that Boyd is the better team..even with penalties and turnovers, they still were able to blow DCA out....26-3 that is no close game. Wooden rushed for 35 yards on 12 carries..thats less then 3 yards per carry....they held him to almost nothing. DCA was not able to score on 1st and goal at the 2...thats pathetic...they got stupid penalties when they were that close and Boyd was able to hold them from scoring....hats off to boyds defense. Twice coverage for DCA got beat for long passes...Atchley for 55 and Headen for 40. Peardon ran all over DCAs front line. DCA is a good team though but they couldnt compete with Boyd. It could be a rematch next year in the championship even with Boyd losing 6 defensive starters. They still have Akins, Peardon, Henley, Wingo, and Atchley on offense. The only team that will compete with these two teams next year is CPA. Cloudland has no chance losing 18 seniors and South Pittsburg will be good but no competition to these teams. I say Boyd and DCA again next year. Good game Boyd.

Its obvious that Boyd is the better team..even with penalties and turnovers, they still were able to blow DCA out....26-3 that is no close game. Wooden rushed for 35 yards on 12 carries..thats less then 3 yards per carry....they held him to almost nothing.

Ummmmmm...you do know Wooden has a torn MCL, right? Do you even know what that is? Lemmie explain. The MCL allows your knee free movement from side to side. Basically it allows you to start, stop, cut side to side, and so on. Basically, anything a runningback does involves the MCL. If it is torn, you run forward because that's ALL you can do. And of course his rushing numbers were pitiful, medically speaking he should not even be allowed on the field but becuase he worked so hard to get to this point, he convinced doctors to let hin play a few snaps. I'll bet your like a sophomore in high school who has no idea about anything that is going on and just make blind comments like that because you "think" you know what is going on. You're one of those people who read the stats after the game and say "Wow, they really held Wooden" when you have no clue that he has a torn MCL.

hey DCAman or whatever....i know what a torn MCL is and i knew he had one...but if he was so good as everybody talked about and so tough then he would have atleast got more than that.

Well, that has to be the single most ignorant comment I have ever read on this message board. Maybe you didn't read ALL of my post. HE SHOULD NOT EVEN BE PLAYING. He only played because he wanted to so bad and coach felt he owed Wooden a few snaps. He's lucky to get 1 yard on that knee. I can't believe you were ignorant enough to put the post you did. "He should have gotten more?" Dude, HE'S ON CRUTCHES ALL WEEK.

I'll will start off by saying it was a great high school football game. It was a lot closer than the score until the fourth quater. However, a health Wooden would not have made the difference in that game. Boyd was the best team in 1A they proved it this year, and gave it a heck of a shot this year. Chris Wooden couldn't have gained a 100 yard on the Bucs D, especially with Moore, Begals, and Armstrong on that front line. They blew the DCA line up every play. I saw it and you had to see it, if you didn't you were watching the wrong football game. I am so proud of the Boyd Buchanan Bucs, and especially Hunter, way to go you got something I always dreamed of.

I am sorry what i meant by my last post was their was no way a healthy Wooden would even get a 100 yard on those three, they were the quickest D line in the state, and they shut some of the greatest players in 1A down, Bird last year, Cook and Wooden this year. Chris Wooden could not have won the game for them. Their is no way, because no one player is good enough to bring home the ball. Not like those Bucs did. Congrats to every one, especially the seniors what a way to go out, and watch out for them next year. Matt Peardon is the best in the state, if you don't agree watch him he will change you mind.

2004 Mr. Football 1a back

Matt Peadon (go ahead and make it out)

get mad caue i said to put a helment on the dude and slow him down....correct me if im wrong football is a contact sport ...so when i sack the qb im supposed to lay him down gently...not....240pd fullback im gonna hit him low which is his knees..ankles and anything in between... if he gets bruised up ..sorry ..go join the band..if that bothers u if he is 16 or 40 dont run the ball if u dont want to get your feelings hurt...stp maybe u need to rub some stp on your lips... have a good day