Top teams in 1a next season

pujo

I can tell you this there is no way any school outworks South Pittsburg. It is true some years they have good talent, but a lot of that talent falls by the wayside because they don't meet the off season requirements. I have seen and heard several team's off season program and S P is among the roughest. Grider does give them off until January, but then it is 4 days a week of lifting and running for about an hour to hour and fifteen minutes each day. This last from January until spring practice which is in May. The team then works out again 4 days a week during the month of June. When July comes they practice 4 days a week for couple hours each day. Their off season is pretty brutal from what I see. You have to really be dedicated to play for them. Oh yeah about the guys being tall and skinny. SP does not have the mentality that bigger is better. They prefer smaller guys that can move over the larger slow linemen.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jumbo67,

If is SP stands for South Pittsburg, then they aren't hitting the weight room very hard? I saw a picture of them; they are tall and skinny! B)

They have all ways had skinny players. Alot of these skinny boys bench nearly 300 and squat over 500. You don't have to weigh 300 lbs. to be strong. Look at the military. You see very few chunky ones but they aren't weak by any means. When I played I weighed 190 was 6-1 and could bench 280 and squat 525. My son in law was nose guard on Riverdales state winning team a few years ago weighed 175 and could bench 325 and squat 600.

I would rather have lean 200 lb. lineman that could bench 350 and squat 600 than to have have fat and lazy lineman that couldn't bench 300. For example, Lander lineman Chris Sheets weighs around the 300 lb. mark and struggles to even bench 300. He can't even deadlift 500. Neither could Jake Gibbs. Cloudland lineman are soft and weak. I can say these things because pound for pound, I'm the strongest player to ever come out of Cloudland. At 164 Lbs. I've benched 340 lbs. and deadlifted 525. I worked my #### off to be the best I could be, and lazy people disgust me. If those 300lb. boys would have worked as hard as they could, just imagine where Cloudland would be today. I have to agree with South Pittsburg fans on this one, because they have 3 gold balls to show for it. State titles all start with the line. The line has to be good. They have to pay the price. I agree with Pujo to an extent. Cloudland boys will do a set and then rest for 30 min. before doing another one. I've seen it with my own two eyes. Cloudland does not step up to the plate. We have no gold balls. The team has no one to blame but themselves.

Cloudland has been working out 5 days a week for a couple of weeks ,several kisd can,t make it because of basketball. We strongly suggest but do not require the kids to lift. All competitive programs do basically the same stuff.

If the kids at Cloudland were required to lift, they would quit tomorrow.

Yeah PuJo you can require it. I know for a fact South Pittsburg requires attendence at off season conditioning and weight lifting. I have heard many players complain about having to be there. If they didn't require this I am sure they would have 50 or 60 on their team instead of 35 every year. Hey Pujo s Cloudland's offseason weight program not mandatory? Do the players just come as they want?

I wouldn't forget about South Fulton. They are coming back with alot of talent also a bunch of there Lineman that didnt play last year are coming back with a new program we have also South Fulton New stadium will look good. The Red Devils will be playing at the new feild next year.

Edited by DaRock