WILL THE REAL MUSTANG PLEASE STAND UP

tricklician

Once again, Congrats to Hunnington. However, I wouldn't trash DL too much. Your win was impressive, but DL is there every year. And after what happened to them Friday, they have that much reason to want to get better. I am not trying to take anything away from the win, I just say you all should have a little respect. Anyway, congrats again.

ACCARP

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulation to Hunnington(I mean Huntingdon). Glad to see West Tennessee win two of the 5 state championships. I saw the Hunnington(I mean to type Huntingdon) -Lipscomb game and was very impressed. I think the real key to the win was the offensive line and the deffencive front. They were big - strong and played very aggressive. Bell was right to give the line a share in the credit for his performance.

Going into the game I though DL would win by 2 or 3 TD. I had not previously seen Hunnington (or is it Huntingdon) play but I had seen DL play earlier (Ezell Harding) and knew that were a disciplined - very finess team. I was thinking DL still might come back after they were down by about 3 TD based on how they played Ezell and Goodpasture. DL had been at this level before and surely had an idea of the quality of the opponents at this level. I also suspected they were not playing the best of the West - that maybe the Hunnington (actually Huntingdon) defeat of Milan was due to an off night by Milan instead of Hunnington (or as they say Huntingdon) being that much improved from the first game. I had read a lot of "bragging on self" by Hunnington (spelled Huntingdon) and none by DL on CoachT and many times that is a sure sign of a second rate team. Apparently the Hunnington (or in this case Huntingdon) fans were just telling it like it was. They are really good.

Again Congradulation to HUNTINGDON by proving they deserve to be the state champs on the field by beating probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in AA (Milan and DL).

Edited by jcm

well you can be cocky when you are defending state champs and 14-0. I wasnt at the game but saw it on TV and Huntigdon was literally killing Lipscomb. Every play there were at least 2 or 3 defenders getting through the O-ine. It wasnt pretty ayt all. So, maybe DL didn't need to bet that cocky and prolly thought they had it in the bag after the Miln victory of you guys. I can guaruntee you they wwont forget this night. Congerats HHS on a slaghtering of the #2 team in the state

Once again, Congrats to Hunnington. However, I wouldn't trash DL too much. Your win was impressive, but DL is there every year. And after what happened to them Friday, they have that much reason to want to get better. I am not trying to take anything away from the win, I just say you all should have a little respect. Anyway, congrats again.

ACCARP

Yeah like ya'll had for us.

Congratulation to Hunnington(I mean Huntingdon). Glad to see West Tennessee win two of the 5 state championships. I saw the Hunnington(I mean to type Huntingdon) -Lipscomb game and was very impressed. I think the real key to the win was the offensive line and the deffencive front. They were big - strong and played very aggressive. Bell was right to give the line a share in the credit for his performance.

Going into the game I though DL would win by 2 or 3 TD. I had not previously seen Hunnington (or is it Huntingdon) play but I had seen DL play earlier (Ezell Harding) and knew that were a disciplined - very finess team. I was thinking DL still might come back after they were down by about 3 TD based on how they played Ezell and Goodpasture. DL had been at this level before and surely had an idea of the quality of the opponents at this level. I also suspected they were not playing the best of the West - that maybe the Hunnington (actually Huntingdon) defeat of Milan was due to an off night by Milan instead of Hunnington (or as they say Huntingdon) being that much improved from the first game.  I had read a lot of "bragging on self" by Hunnington (spelled Huntingdon) and none by DL on CoachT and many times that is a sure sign of a second rate team. Apparently the Hunnington (or in this case Huntingdon) fans were just telling it like it was. They are really good.

Again Congradulation to HUNTINGDON by proving they deserve to be the state champs on the field by beating probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams in AA (Milan and DL).

Who's to say that Milan's week 7 victory over Huntingdon wasn't more of an off-week by the Mustangs (they had at least two or more uncharacteristic turnovers in their loss) than a superior performance by the Dawgs?

I'm telling you what...a team beats three consecutive undefeated teams en route to a one loss championship season and people are still telling them that they probably shouldn't have won it.

p.s. Hunnington (you meant Huntingdon)??? LOL. HAHAHA. Good one.

Thriller, ive gotten off-base with you and the H-don posters but heres the facts.

Milan played far from a superior game week 7. FAR from it.

Now Huntingdons game week 14 was superior, wouldnt you say?

Your QB threw for a CAREER high of like 146 yards. And you had 0 turnovers.And the game was still within 5 points? And milan had 4 turnovers. Milan was a great team this year. I would say they were better than H-don. In 98 h-don was a better team than Milan and Milan won in the playoffs. Reminds me of this year.

Thriller, ive gotten off-base with you and the H-don posters but heres the facts.

Your QB threw for a CAREER high of like 146 yards. And you had 0 turnovers.And the game was still within 5 points? And milan had 4 turnovers. Milan was a great team this year. I would say they were better than H-don. In 98 h-don was a better team than Milan and Milan won in the playoffs. Reminds me of this year.

I think you just admitted HTOWN was better didn't you???

Your QB threw for a CAREER high of like 146 yards. And you had 0 turnovers.

milan had 4 turnovers.

There is one BIG difference between 98 and this year:

The referree's had an impact on that game

I will agree with you on this statement though....

Milan was a great team this year.

Well let's just put at end to our bickering once and for all:

Week 7: Huntingdon didn't play their best.

Week 14: Milan didn't play their best.

It's just not cool to finally win a state championship and then listen to people tell you that you shouldn't have. But I know that Milan heard the same thing in '98.

...and with that, our feud is over.

Before you go saying that it was the turnovers that lost the game for Milan, lets remember a couple of things.

1) Milan scored a touchdown on the opening kickoff, something Huntingdon has not given up this year.

2) The score was Milan 29 Huntingdon 27 BEFORE the first turnover ever occurred. Turnovers occur more when a team is physically tired. There is NO doubt that Milan was not ready for a physical 4 quarter battle.

I realize you are a player and you don't like hearing the fact that it was handed to you in the playoffs. Maybe you should ask some of the other Milan fans who post on here.

Let me say this one more time so maybe you will get it.

Huntingdon outplayed, outcoached, and overall is a better team than Milan. These seniors have played against Milans seniors 4 times now with Parish being the starting QB. Huntingdon has won 3 of those 4 meetings. Don't even try to tell me that Milan is better than Huntingdon, because you haven't proven it on the field.