Law Co. H.S. vs Loretto H.S RIVALRY

SPORTZTER1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportzter1, the girls who play for LCHS have no control over what is said or not said by a coach, parent, fan, etc. The Loretto girls and Lawrenceburg girls will play a hard game but when the game is over, no matter the outcome, some of these girls will be the friends they've always been. These two teams give the fans and the gate something to celebrate. We get an exciting game and the school brings in a little extra money. What more could you want for $ 4.00.

THE COMMENT MADE ABOUT DOUBLE A SCHOOLS AGAINST TRIPLE A SCHOOLS IS BOLOGNA. JACKSON COUNTY IS A DOUBLE A SCHOOL AND HAS FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS BE ONE OF THE TOP TEAMS NO MATTER WHAT CLASSIFICATION. BY THE WAY THEY ALSO BEAT SHELBYVILLE THIS YEAR. I AM FROM LAWRENCEBURG AND I LOVE THE CATS BUT LORETTO MAY HAVE THE SLIGHTLY BETTER TEAM THIS YEAR. BUT THIS DOESN'T MEAN THEY WILL WIN. WE HAVE 2 KEY PLAYERS WITH LOTS OF BIG GAME EXPERIENCE. NOT SAYING THIS IS A BIG GAME, BUT FOR OUR COUNTY THIS IS A BIG GAME(BRAGGING RIGHTS). I THINK IN GAMES LIKE THIS WHERE ONE TEAM MAY HAVE A SLIGHT ATHLETIC ADVANTAGE IT COMES DOWN TO COACHING. SO MY PREDICTION IS LCHS WILL WIN FROM COACHING DECISIONS MADE DURING THE GAME THAT ALLOWS THEM TO WIN. I AM NOT SAYING LORETTO'S COACH ISN'T GOOD I JUST THINK THAT COACH WILD CAN MAKE SMART CHANGES TO WIN THE GAME. NEVERTHELESS, I THINK LORETTO WILL HAVE A GOOD SEASON AND GO A LONG WAY THIS YEAR, MAYBE EVEN TO THE STATE TOURNAMENT AND PLAY A REAL TEAM LIKE JACKSON COUNTY.

Being an etc., tiredbbmom, I just watch the games, keep my scoresheet and try to keep quiet most of the time. If Lawrenceburg has good games from Catie Woods & Kristin Spann, they could win. On the other hand, Loretto seems to be on an up year, coming off a victory over Fairview where Rachel Stone, Jana Cross, & Laura Birdyshaw had great games. The other Stone, Leah did not play for violating team rules, so I think altogether that Loretto may have more of a balanced attack than Lawrence. We'll just have to see who steps up, who comes off the bench well, & who can hit their free throws - my pet peeve. Good luck to both teams - should be a great game.

B) SPORTZER 1 It is obvious that you don't like it, but the name of the high school in Lawrenceburg is Lawrence County High School, and I don't think that the majority of students at Summertown or Loretto would support a name change. I think that they, like the students at LCHS, are proud of who they are. As for the game tomorrow night, I'm sure it will be a close one and that the players will give their all, but when the game is over they will leave it on the court. Let's hope the fans do to. LCHS by 10.

Tomorrow nite will be a big game for both teams just for the fact that LCHS has beat Loretto for so many years. I say that Loretto has the better odds because they play as a team. Loretto has more than two players. Don't get me wrong Loretto does have two girls that are awesome but what if them two don't have a good game someone has to step up. Where as if Spann and Woods are off who is going to step up. From stats the girl from Tullhoma hasn't showed anything but maybe 4 points. So who else do u worry about. I say tomorrow nite will be a close game but it is going to come down to hard defense and making free throws. I predict Loretto by 10 points. GOOD LUCK to the LADY MUSTANGS.

Hey golfcat, what's with the caps man? Third key from the bottom on the left hand side. Do you honestly believe number of students plays no role when it comes to athletics? That's ridiculous. Occasionally, you'll have an ultra-talented team from lower classifications but for the most part,when a school has two or three timees the athletes to choose from its an advantage. That being said, I do believe LHS will win tomorrow night. Jury is still out on our coaching but for the first time in a long time, we are the deeper, more talented team, we're at home and we didn't have a game tonight.

Would you like to know who would support a name change? Well if you dont, Im still gonna tell you..ME I think its crazy that they are named "Lawrence Co High School", its like theyre saying theyre the best in Law. Co. And we'll see whos the best (between them and Loretto..my bet is Loretto) tomorrow night. I think a name change would be GREAT.

Would you like to know who would support a name change? Well if you dont, Im still gonna tell you..ME I think its crazy that they are named "Lawrence Co High School", its like theyre saying theyre the best in Law. Co. And we'll see whos the best (between them and Loretto..my bet is Loretto) tomorrow night. I think a name change would be GREAT.

For once I must agree with a Loretto fan. Lawrence County High- Loretto Branch is a great idea.

Edited by True-bador