Why I only like Maryville....

MaryvilleRebels

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see.....you get left at home watching the game and it's boring...wasn't boring to Mo'town cuz we were there ! We might not have brought home the gold but we brought home something !

Actually I enjoyed watching the game! It is true that you won something, it was spelled s-i-l-v-e-r, we won something also, it was spelled p-r-i-d-e!

You arrogant bunch of Maryville fans really believe that you are the only team in the world. Saying the championship games were boring just because the mighty Maryville rebels were not there to pass the ball. Fultons qb had 4 td passes (a championship game record). Maryville would get blown out by Fulton and Hillsboro

You arrogant bunch of Maryville HATERS really believe that you are the only team in the world. Saying the championship games were EXCITING since Maryville was not there to pass the ball. Maryville would HAVE blown out Fulton or Hillsboro(no offense to you two teams).

Now I know I'm not that dumb, to realize that we were the only team in the world. I could have sworn that we played teams this year, or were they just holograms? I'm totally dumbfounded.

Edited by MRedRebels

Actually I enjoyed watching the game! It is true that you won something, it was spelled s-i-l-v-e-r, we won something also, it was spelled p-r-i-d-e!

I just wonder what the pride trophy looks like :o I bet it's not as shiny as our silver. Take your dose of humbleness Maryville. You had your run, now it's our turn to dominate East TN ! Turn out the lights.....your party has been crashed by the Trojans !!!

Guest NineInchNails

"Maryville would have blown out Hillsboro and Fulton...but no offense or anything..." What a crock, you Maryvillians are back to your old ways, it seems. More trash talk, and then a little "I'm sorry, don't be mad at me" phrase. I can't stand Maryvillians (most of them, anyway) because you don't realize why your offense is able to do the things that they do. Teams run an offense based on what type of kids they have. Hillsboro runs a strict Wing-T that is predominantly run-based because they simply don't have anyone that can throw it. They had a runningback playing quarterback. Fulton had a player that could throw it very well, and they played to his abilities. The reason that Maryville seems to have a "quality" quarterback every year is because of the Blount County PeeWee/Midget football system. People who live there don't necessarily realize how important that is to a child's football development, and that the leagues are second to none in the entire state. That being said...I hope you Rebels find your neosporin for your rears.

NIN bein' a friend of your pappy TIS (TenInchSpikes) I know that neosporin works. They say Alcoee has the market cornered on hit.

I agree on your peewee midget league assessment.

CoachTjunkie, I found about half an ol' can of GOLD paint in a garbage can the other day and I'll be glad to send hit to yee.

Go Rebs.

One thing that is decidedly different about Maryville fans in relation to fans from "most" other schools (not all) is that we maintain our loyalty and pride in our program, win or lose. Yes, the Rebs lost to Mtown and didn't make it to the state title game this year, but we are still here on Coach T - still startin threads, still talkin about our players & coaches, and still stirring up jealousy & controversy. It would've been easy for us to just disappear and eat crow like a lot of you want us to do. But that's not the ways of a dedicated and class program or fans. Those of you that hate Maryville, and hate hearing about Maryville, better just get used to it; cause we aint going away any time soon.

Let me just say this first, Motown West beat us....no excuses, we lost and they deserved the chance to play for the title. But, to the lonely Motown West smack talker ("junkie")....when Motown West wins a recent state title and plays and defeats teams like Kingsport DB, Oak Ridge, Fulton, McCallie, or even Knox Central, you can safely say that you now "dominate" East TN. As for crashing our party....I guess you know exactly how that must feel also, since Hillsboro kinda rained a little bit on yours too didn't they? Three straight state titles and 40 wins in a row will be remembered a long time. A few years from now, if you don't make it back to the title game, who's gonna remember the team that finished second in 2003?

Team's basically do what they have the most success doing. Hillsboro's for example happens to be running. I think most coaches and players are interested only in won/lost results rather than entertainment. And the thing about Hillsboro they threw what three passes saturday? one picked up a crucial first down and the other went for a touchdown. Another advantage of a tremendous running attack, when you use play action someone is all by themself. Not to rub my Maryville brethren the wrong way here but we didn't make the show this year. No disgrace in that. But getting on here and saying how we would blow out this team or that team that did just makes for sour grapes. These teams that made it let them enjoy their turn. I support Maryville all the way but trust me the teams that made it to the boro could give a rat's big behind what strategy Maryville would or would not have used had they made it to the finals. And in all honesty how ever balanced Maryville may or may not be offensively it was not enough in Morristown two weeks ago. I am not a big fan of the Wing-T but I really like what Hillsboro does with it.

NIN where have you been?

Edited by mhs

Team's basically do what they have the most success doing. Hillsboro's for example happens to be running. I think most coaches and players are interested only in won/lost results rather than entertainment. And the thing about Hillsboro they threw what three passes saturday? one picked up a crucial first down and the other went for a touchdown. Another advantage of a tremendous running attack, when you use play action someone is all by themself. Not to rub my Maryville brethren the wrong way here but we didn't make the show this year. No disgrace in that. But getting on here and saying how we would blow out this team or that team that did just makes for sour grapes. These teams that made it let them enjoy their turn. I support Maryville all the way but trust me the teams that made it to the boro could give a rat's big behind what strategy Maryville would or would not have used had they made it to the finals. And in all honesty how ever balanced Maryville may or may not be offensively it was not enough in Morristown two weeks ago. I am not a big fan of the Wing-T but I really like what Hillsboro does with it.

NIN where have you been?

Very well said MHS. My thoughts exactly !

No need for the gold spray paint Starsnbars, the silver shines up pretty nice.

BTW, what are you doing running around with gold spary paint ?