Why I only like Maryville....

MaryvilleRebels

But, to the lonely Motown West smack talker ("junkie")....when Motown West wins a recent state title and plays and defeats teams like Kingsport DB, Oak Ridge, Fulton, McCallie, or even Knox Central, you can safely say that you now "dominate" East TN. As for crashing our party....I guess you know exactly how that must feel also, since Hillsboro kinda rained a little bit on yours too didn't they? Three straight state titles and 40 wins in a row will be remembered a long time. A few years from now, if you don't make it back to the title game, who's gonna remember the team that finished second in 2003?

I'll tell you who will remember, all the folks from Mo'West and guess what else we will remeber .........who we beat to get there !!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team's basically do what they have the most success doing. Hillsboro's for example happens to be running. I think most coaches and players are interested only in won/lost results rather than entertainment. And the thing about Hillsboro they threw what three passes saturday? one picked up a crucial first down and the other went for a touchdown. Another advantage of a  tremendous running attack, when you use play action someone is all by themself. Not to rub my Maryville brethren the wrong way here but we didn't make the show this year. No disgrace in that. But getting on here and saying how we would blow out this team or that team that did just makes for sour grapes. These teams that made it let them enjoy their turn. I support Maryville all the way but trust me the teams that made it to the boro could give a rat's big behind what strategy Maryville would or would not have used had they made it to the finals. And in all honesty how ever balanced Maryville may or may not be offensively it was not enough in Morristown two weeks ago. I am not a big fan of the Wing-T but I really like what Hillsboro does with it.

NIN where have you been?

Very well said MHS. My thoughts exactly !

No need for the gold spray paint Starsnbars, the silver shines up pretty nice.

BTW, what are you doing running around with gold spary paint ?

Everybody knows CoachT junkie that you use Gold "spary" paint to paint Gold sparies.

Ever since we harred our trofee case attendant, we had to tell him to be easy on shinin' them Gold trofees, even if theys is tarnished. "Remeber" and tell your attendant that.

I know I remember West beat Greeneville.

Go Rebs.

Well Junkie, we have 7 GOLD trophies in our trophy case, so u can keep your 1 silver. I know that the coaches don't care about entertainment, but in some cases its a matter of winning and losing. As it was last year in the 4A state game. So why don't some of those schools pass the ball a little more? As u said, if you do play action you have a guy with one on one or wide open, but you have to get the ball to the guy inorder for it to work. Sure for some teams the wing-t will work, but at times you will have to leave your game plan, so why doesn't Hillsboro really prepare to pass at all?

what the heck!!! You guys actually think that Maryvilles Run is over and Mo-West will start runnin the east??? I don't know what your thinking but thats a pile of bull. Whos Mo-West going to have to stop Maryvilles offense. Maryville has a senior offensive of line next year thats going to be dominate. I can feel the love in here about Maryville fans and Mo-West fans getting along. I think we should all get together and play some back yard football. Wait lets wait till it don't rain so you guys don't call it off. Yea we can play in your city too, thats fine. O yeah please don't hate us for having class.

The Mav im just bein the average Mo-West fan and that class thing is for my other fellow rebel fans. I mean I try to keep my class but its hard to sit around here hearing a bunch of people put down Maryville for whining about getting beat when no one is whining. Trash talking is a big thing on this website and I'm guilty for alittle bit but Maryville fans are some of the most classy people out there. We can at least accept we lost and go on and Mo-West fans can to but the only thing that goes on around here with them is there mouths. So I don't know if your being smart but the class thing was for my fellow brothers of maryville.

Hey Maryville fans. Don't put down MOWest because of stuff that cartman,coachT junkie,snagglepuss and cochese say about Maryville. THEY ARE NOT MOWEST FANS. THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT MOWEST. THEY HATE MARYVILLE. THEY WOULD ROOT FOR THE DEVIL AGAINST MARYVILLE.

Another thing. MOWest beat Maryville. No excuses. I don't want to hear excuses from the Maryville fans no more. MHS got beat. Now. I hope the Rebel players can use this loss as a motivational tool. I hope this loss will make the Rebels mad and hungry. I know the Rebels have a lot of players coming back.

About the offense. I love what Maryville runs. I also love the way that Hillsboro runs their wingT. Brad Doss carries out fakes very well.

Good Post RebelRon

Everyone has blown this thread way out of proportion. It was initially started to have intelligent replies about balanced offenses. Instead it turns into a Maryville bashing thread. Give me a break, Maryville lost. Thats is. The win streak couldn't have gone forever. Its a shame when ADULTS bash 15-18 year old kids who work their butts off to play the game that they love and be successful at it. Don't expect Maryville to let up anytime soon, they work hard, have fun, and they know how to win. GO REBS!!